2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: More examples of NRA extremism, or at least its leadership< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2013, 7:54 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

NRA's new president is some southern right-wing yahoo from Alabama(and if you heard him speak he
plays the part perfectly)

The new president of the National Rifle Association, whose father was NRA president, is an Alabama attorney
who has called President Obama a “fake president,” described Attorney General Eric Holder as “rabidly un-American”
and jokingly refers to the U.S. Civil War as the “War of Northern Aggression.”

&

“The NRA was started, 1871, right here in New York state.  It was started by some Yankee generals who didn’t like
the way my southern boys had the ability to shoot in what we call the ‘War of Northern Aggression.’ Now y’all call
it the Civil War, but we call it the War of Northern Aggression down South.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle....esident

He also said this is a "cultural war"

"This is not a battle about gun rights," Porter said, calling it "a culture war."

WHo are some of the keynote speakers at the NRA convention

A partial list of those speaking on Friday reads like a who’s-who of presidential ambition, past and future:
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska
and  former Sen. Rick Santorum.  All are Republicans.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwir....antorum

Oh ya, we must not forget ted

More than 70,000 people from across the country and abroad are expected to attend the three-day event at Houston’s
downtown convention center drawn by, among other things, a gun trade show, youth day, firearms classes and a speech
by rocker and NRA ally Ted Nugent.

http://www.latimes.com/news....5.story

THE NRA, the tea party and the Republican Party are virtually indistinguishable

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2013, 7:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ May 03 2013, 4:54 pm)

Gawd I hope not.
 Post Number: 3
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2013, 9:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ May 03 2013, 5:54 pm)

Shame on him for having a sense of humor.  There aught to be a law against saying stuff like that.
 Post Number: 4
Three Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2013, 9:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ May 03 2013, 7:54 pm)
NRA's new president is some southern right-wing yahoo from Alabama(and if you heard him speak he
plays the part perfectly)

The new president of the National Rifle Association, whose father was NRA president, is an Alabama attorney
who has called President Obama a “fake president,” described Attorney General Eric Holder as “rabidly un-American”

&

“The NRA was started, 1871, right here in New York state.  It was started by some Yankee generals who didn’t like
the way my southern boys had the ability to shoot in what we call the ‘War of Northern Aggression.’ Now y’all call
it the Civil War, but we call it the War of Northern Aggression down South.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle....esident

He also said this is a "cultural war"

"This is not a battle about gun rights," Porter said, calling it "a culture war."

WHo are some of the keynote speakers at the NRA convention

A partial list of those speaking on Friday reads like a who’s-who of presidential ambition, past and future:
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska
and  former Sen. Rick Santorum.  All are Republicans.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwir....antorum

Oh ya, we must not forget ted

More than 70,000 people from across the country and abroad are expected to attend the three-day event at Houston’s
downtown convention center drawn by, among other things, a gun trade show, youth day, firearms classes and a speech
by rocker and NRA ally Ted Nugent.

http://www.latimes.com/news....5.story

Dennis - where is the tolerance?  Someone has a different accent than you or a slightly different historical orientation and he is an object for bullying?    :D
 Post Number: 5
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2013, 9:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Seattle anarchists, illegal voters, and those who have a general desire to suck off of the government tit are virtually indistinguishable from the Democratic Party.

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 6
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2013, 11:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Make up your mind Three,

Guns or God, they lead to different ends. It is clear to me that the Buddhists have a clear philosophical advantage over the Christians, in that Christians are more accepting of violence as a means to an end. At least the Muslims have a Prophet  that justified certain violence. Christians resort to violence in contradiction to the teachings of Jesus. If you want to make America all about Christian values, then you are promoting hypocrisy (a very real problem with world peace). By all means, post any quotes where Jesus sanctions killing for self defense, or using violence to overthrow the government.

I am making the argument that your God teaches. Perhaps Shiva or Kali are better expressions of your human desires. Religion is a pursuit for truth that is hobbled by tradition and not constrained by empirical evidence. A really poor foundation for the high ideas of democracy, if you ask me.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2013, 12:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lamebeaver Said

Shame on him for having a sense of humor.  There aught to be a law against saying stuff like that.

So he was joking about Obama being a “fake president” and Eric Holder as
“rabidly un-American” too?

Actually I looked at the video and despite what I quoted from the first link I don't think
he was joking about the “War of Northern Aggression.” comment.  You know far right-wing
congressman Paul Broun of Georgia called it the civil war " “War of Northern Aggression.”
too and he sure as hell wasn't joking

Three said

Dennis - where is the tolerance?  Someone has a different accent than you or a slightly different historical orientation and he is an object for bullying?    :D

^^ right-wing polical correctnesss

"lightly different historical orientation"?

What? Is that your excuse for the comment about "northern aggression"

"object for bullying?" This is the essence of the NRA and Republican party and you accuse me
of this for exposing one of your own?

Funny how you right-wingers decry political correctness but then so easily resort to it when
its one of your own that is exposed.

Funny also how you didn't blast this NRA president for saying Obama is a “fake president”,
Attorney General Eric Holder as “rabidly un-American” or his comment on the Civil War as the
“War of Northern Aggression.”

I guess tolerance only should extend to those whose opinions you agree with eh?

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2013, 12:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

justwalkin said

Seattle anarchists, illegal voters, and those who have a general desire to suck off of the government tit are virtually indistinguishable from the Democratic Party.

and that is the kind of stupid false equivalent statement I would expect from you. Seattle
anarchists DETEST democrats. I listed for you a whose who of the both The tea party movement
and Republican party that speak at their most important conventions who just happened to
speak at the NRA convention. Name one anarchists that has spoken at ANY Democratic
convention?

Illegal voters? Another mind boggling ignorant statement. This has been debunked so many
times. The kind of illegal voter fraud, such as by Acorn that you right-wingers like to
latch on to, has been debunked so many times. Voter fraud, despite all the propaganda you've
been brainwashed by, is very rare and in the rare occurrences  it does happen, surprise
surprise its Republicans who seem to engage in it the most.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012....82.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/roxanne-rubin_n_2566297.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-20....r-fraud

oh and sucking of the government "tit". Funny how Red states are so much more dependent
on the federal government

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o....g-state

So your pathetic latching on to stupid ignorant right-wing narratives has been duly noted
once again

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2013, 8:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ May 03 2013, 8:42 pm)

(Dennis The Menace @ May 03 2013, 5:54 pm)

You know, the sad part is that some people dont take that as a joke but as gospel.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2013, 8:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Three @ May 03 2013, 8:57 pm)
TL/DR

Three - where is the tolerance?  Someone has a different accent than you or a slightly different sexual orientation and he is an object for bullying?    :D

--------------
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2013, 9:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If the South had won....all of our history books would have called it "The War of Northern Aggression".  Whoever wins writes the history books.

Tell me you aren't naive enough to believe the South was evil and the North had God on out side in this righteous crusade.  I think the truth lies somewhere in between.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2013, 12:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ May 04 2013, 6:24 am)
If the South had won....all of our history books would have called it "The War of Northern Aggression".  Whoever wins writes the history books.

History books refer to it as The Civil War - a neutral and much more accurate term.
 Post Number: 13
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2013, 1:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ May 04 2013, 9:24 am)
 I think the truth lies somewhere in between.

If it does, then the moral compass points North.  The South had the Constitution on its side; forced alliances aren't what we've ever stood for, and the South did not attack Fort Sumter until six days after secession was declared.  However, owning people and treating them like farm animals is pretty damned despicable.

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 14
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 9:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

justwalkin
owning people and treating them like farm animals is pretty damned despicable

True - owning an expensive slave, like owning an expensive horse, was a financial obligation too. When the slave or horse got sick, it made economic sense to provide medical treatment. Mistreating the slave or the horse just made them mean.

The northern industrialists didn't own the Irish. So there was no obligation for their safety or health. When an Irish worker got sick or killed on the job, there were 100 more recently arrived starving Irish ready to take the vacant job. The northern industrialist didn't care. There was no reason NOT to mistreat them. And they kept coming - boatload after boatload. They made good cannon fodder during the invasion of the South too.

So after the northern invaders had stolen all of the land and wealth from the South in the "Civil War", they exploited the newly freed slaves just as they did the Irish. They set up sweatshops and "sharecropping". The bodies of black lumberjacks killed on the job were left to rot in the woods. The work never slowed down because there were a 100 freed slaves ready to take each job vacated by a work accident.

Being black in America was hell back then. Being an Irish immigrant was worse - until after the "war to free the slaves".

So there were things worse than slavery. But our history books skip over that.
 Post Number: 15
KaiWinters Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 9:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The winners write the history books.
Ask people that were involved or their families were involved in any of the major wars, civil wars, etc. the names they have for them. I suspect major differences...LOL ask the Brits about the "revolution".

I always find interesting liberal intolerance...though they preach tolerance...wonder what our country would be like if we were to become an Islamic Fundamentalist State? I'd suspect all those liberals that cry out to tolerate and understand fundamentalist Muslims would be the first to go by those self same fundamentalists...hmmm maybe we are looking at this the wrong way.

I have no intolerance for any extremist unfortunately we are under the control, for now, of the liberal left and all their wacky ideas and intolerance for all non liberals.

--------------
Waking up is a great way to start your day...
 Post Number: 16
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 12:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KaiWinters @ May 05 2013, 9:49 am)
Ask people that were involved or their families were involved in any of the major wars, civil wars, etc. the names they have for them. I suspect major differences...LOL ask the Brits about the "revolution".

I always find interesting liberal intolerance...though they preach tolerance...wonder what our country would be like if we were to become an Islamic Fundamentalist State? I'd suspect all those liberals that cry out to tolerate and understand fundamentalist Muslims would be the first to go by those self same fundamentalists...hmmm maybe we are looking at this the wrong way.

I have no intolerance for any extremist unfortunately we are under the control, for now, of the liberal left and all their wacky ideas and intolerance for all non liberals.

Brits I've talked to call it the war of American independence. It's just one in about many centuries of wars there. From my history lessons America was always judged to be less important than India.
 Post Number: 17
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 12:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And you seem somewhat confuse in the second part. No idea what you are trying to say. Appears to be some sort of rambling idea that religious tolerance is a bad thing.

Maybe you should work on reading some actual history. How America came into existence for example.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 12:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sounds like the new NRA cracker is as nuts as the old NRA cracker. They called me to ask for money on Saturday. I had a lot of questions, then a lot to say. Mostly I just tied up their time for a while. I suspect the NRA has plenty of white racists, but I wonder if they have any black members at all?

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 8:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

KaiWinters said

I always find interesting liberal intolerance...though they preach tolerance...

Such as? What is the so called "intolerance" here in this thread? Exposing what the views
are of this right-wing extremist NRA president?

KaiWinters said

wonder what our country would be like if we were to become an Islamic Fundamentalist State?
I'd suspect all those liberals that cry out to tolerate and understand fundamentalist
Muslims  would be the first to go by those self same fundamentalists...hmmm maybe we are looking at this the wrong way.

Liberals don't " cry out to tolerate and understand fundamentalist Muslims".If you say
otherwise show proof of it(note your phrase selection "fundamentalist muslims")

What liberals and mainstream Americans would like is that people don't assume muslims in
general are of the extremist fundamentalist variety.  

KaiWinters said

LOL!! What laughable ignorance. The house of represenatives, for example is under the control
of the far right-wing extremist tea party GOP.

But give us some examples some of these "wacky ideas and intolerance for all non liberals."
from the "liberal left?"  

Are they the ones, for example, that remove anyone from their campaign rallies who not only
offers a dissenting opinion but even appear like they might be part of the opposition(like
what was the case in both Bush & McCain campaign rallies in contrast to Kerry and Obama
campaign rallies?)? No

Are they the ones who will not compromise on almost any issue like for example tax policy
where they take a pledge from some ideological corporate lobbyist by the name of Grover
Norquist never to raise taxes under any circumstance regardless of how much debt we are in?
No that is the Republican party.

The examples go on and on. You appear to be one of these right-wingers who lives in this
right-wing bubble and listens to nothing but Fox "news" and right-wing radio.

--------------
 Post Number: 20
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 10:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ecocentric
Sounds like the new NRA cracker is as nuts as the old NRA cracker.

Yep. As I posted in another thread - they are all angry OLD white men who grew up in the 1950's and 1960's. They want to return to the time before gun control laws - when everybody carried a gun and daily gunfights over parking spaces were common. Airplanes were hijacked to Cuba on a regular basis because the 2nd Amendment allowed people to carry guns on airplanes! The whole US was the wild west where life expectancy was in the early 70's because people were so good at shooting and killing each other.

This is 2013 - a new era. Those old fossils need to go.

It is time for the IRS and law enforcement to focus on getting rid of them. Using lengthy audits and seizure laws for minor perceived violations have worked on other anti-social organizations like the FLDS and KKK.

Then once the NRA is subdued, sensible gun laws can be passed.
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 12:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KaiWinters @ May 05 2013, 6:49 am)

Spoken like it was read straight from a Rush Limbaugh transcript.
But just like Rush - not based in reality.
 Post Number: 22
Squaretop Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 12:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(justwalkin @ May 03 2013, 8:59 pm)

Nobody can say that isn't true.

Here we have a case if statement one is true, then statement two must also be true.

--------------
You can't buy time or memories.
"How'd I get involved".
 Post Number: 23
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 12:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yep. As I posted in another thread - they are all angry OLD white men who grew up in the 1950's and 1960's. They want to return to the time before gun control laws - when everybody carried a gun and daily gunfights over parking spaces were common. Airplanes were hijacked to Cuba on a regular basis because the 2nd Amendment allowed people to carry guns on airplanes! The whole US was the wild west where life expectancy was in the early 70's because people were so good at shooting and killing each other.

You forgot to mention how, instead of turning off their lamps everynight, they would just shoot the bulbs on their way up the stairs. Or how they'd shoot apples from trees instead of picking them.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 1:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I miss fishing with dynamite.

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 2:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Squaretop said

Nobody can say that isn't true.

Of course someone can say that isn't true. I not only did that in post 8 but demonstrated
exactly why it not only wasn't true but absurdly so.

Squaretop said

Here we have a case if statement one is true, then statement two must also be true.

If you mean by statement one the statement I made in the Op which was THE NRA, the tea
party and the Republican Party are virtually indistinguishable
and by statement two the
one justwalkin made which was Seattle anarchists, illegal voters, and those who have a
general desire to suck off of the government tit are virtually indistinguishable from the
Democratic Party.
then what total nonsense and a false equivalence.

In post 8, once again, I explained exactly how they are not even close to the same kinds of
statements. Refute my points in post 8.

--------------
 Post Number: 26
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 4:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ecocentric @ May 06 2013, 1:15 pm)
I miss fishing with dynamite.

+1

Or the old hand cranked telephone  :D

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 4:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ May 06 2013, 8:24 am)
Airplanes were hijacked to Cuba on a regular basis because the 2nd Amendment allowed people to carry guns on airplanes! The whole US was the wild west where life expectancy was in the early 70's because people were so good at shooting and killing each other.

Uh, when exactly when was this?

I don't recall anytime the primary cause of death among adults was by shootings.....

And I'm pretty sure you couldn't just carry a gun on an airplane in the 60s and 70s.
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2013, 7:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(justwalkin @ May 03 2013, 8:59 pm)

Hmmm.......I dont think you  know what the Black Bloc is all about.

Illegal voters? Can you point out where these people are cuz no one seems to be able to find any.

Government teet sucking? Like the tax breaks and handouts given to oil companies and industrial strength agricultural companies? Those teet suckers?

--------------
 Post Number: 29
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2013, 7:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ May 04 2013, 11:48 am)

(Lamebeaver @ May 04 2013, 6:24 am)

History books refer to it as The Civil War - a neutral and much more accurate term.

Hey Lamebeaver, if the victors always put their spin into the history books, why isn't it called the War of Southern Rebellion or the War to End Slavery?

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 30
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2013, 7:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ May 06 2013, 1:58 pm)
In post 8, once again, I explained exactly how they are not even close to the same kinds of
statements. Refute my points in post 8.

Sqaretop, justwalkin, et al won't even try, because facts never get in their way. The rightwing bubble they're stuck in is impervious.

How many times have you directly refuted the absurd/erroneous statements of rightwingers in this forum with solid evidence to the contrary, which they ignore and continue clinging to what they've been misled into believing?

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
43 replies since May 03 2013, 7:54 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply More examples of NRA extremism
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions