2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: New Government Report Undercuts, Obama Anti-Gun Agenda< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 1:38 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"As the Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin characterizes it, the report is “wonderful news for the country and rotten data for anti-gun advocates.”

"To be clear, 2010 is the most recent year for which the CDC has released homicide data. For the record, FBI data show that the murder rate dropped again in 2011, and again in the first half of 2012. But let’s give the president a break; this much good news for the country might be more than the poor man can stand."

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2013....CAqiN00

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 2:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ammoland? Do the bullets grow on trees there?
 Post Number: 3
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 2:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Marmotstew @ May 13 2013, 2:09 pm)

Also, it’s important to remember that not all anti–gun beliefs are the result of defense mechanisms. Some people suffer from gun phobia(18), an excessive and completely irrational fear of firearms, usually caused by the anti–gun conditioning they’ve been subjected to by the media, politicians, so–called "educators," and others. In some cases, gun phobia is caused by an authentic bad experience associated with a firearm. But with all due respect to Col. Jeff Cooper, who coined the term "hoplophobia" to describe anti–gun people, most anti–gun people do not have true phobias. Interestingly, a person with a true phobia of guns realizes his fear is excessive or unreasonable,(19) something most anti–gun folks will never admit.

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 4
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 2:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ May 13 2013, 2:26 pm)

Also, it’s important to remember that not all anti–gun beliefs are the result of defense mechanisms. Some people suffer from gun phobia(18), an excessive and completely irrational fear of firearms, usually caused by the anti–gun conditioning they’ve been subjected to by the media, politicians, so–called "educators," and others. In some cases, gun phobia is caused by an authentic bad experience associated with a firearm. But with all due respect to Col. Jeff Cooper, who coined the term "hoplophobia" to describe anti–gun people, most anti–gun people do not have true phobias. Interestingly, a person with a true phobia of guns realizes his fear is excessive or unreasonable,(19) something most anti–gun folks will never admit.

Some people suffer cut-n-paste syndrome. Early warning signs include pictures of individual from kindergarten with elmers glue smeared on them and scissor wounds.
 Post Number: 5
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 2:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

the BJS report shows that 40 percent of criminals get their guns from friends and family members

Hence the need for genuinely universal background checks, including private sales.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 2:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Marmotstew @ May 13 2013, 11:31 am)

(Buggyboo @ May 13 2013, 2:26 pm)

Some people suffer cut-n-paste syndrome. Early warning signs include pictures of individual from kindergarten with elmers glue smeared on them and scissor wounds.

Given: "Permission is granted to distribute this article in its entirety, so long as full copyright information and full contact information is given for JPFO.
Copyright © 2000 Sarah Thompson, MD"

That lack of attribution is more than a small bit dishonest.

Copying an entire paragraph verbatim and NOT admitting it's a plain old copy/paste (let alone not acknowledging the copyright)? FAIL.
 Post Number: 7
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 3:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ May 13 2013, 11:26 am)

Some of us don't live in fear.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 8
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 4:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When I was a child, I was afraid of "atomic bombs." At the time, I had a hard time distinguishing the good bald man (Eisenhower) from the bad bald man (Kruschev). I watched Walter Cronkite on TV tell us that JFK was dead, and watched live as Ruby killed Oswald. Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy followed. John Lennon, the attempt on Ronald Reagan, all were about a lone individual, or perhaps a small group enabled to alter the future for everyone through their own selfish motivation armed with readily available weapons.

I don't fear guns, in fact when I shoot I feel enabled. Hell, I don't even fear the nuclear weapons, these days, though I would hate to see them ever used again.

What I fear, are nut cases, psychologically damaged, or morally impaired individuals, that feel empowered by guns and justified by the Second Amendment; that are too confused, selfish, or self righteous to care about a democratic majority and are willing to act out their sociopathic fantasies by taking fate into their own hands. These people are a threat to a peaceful and just democracy. They cross our paths ever more frequently on the television and the internet. One of the warning flags, are people that think that their guns are more important than any other need in society.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 9
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 5:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TehipiteTom @ May 13 2013, 2:39 pm)
the BJS report shows that 40 percent of criminals get their guns from friends and family members

Hence the need for genuinely universal background checks, including private sales.

Man, that's gotta hurt Buggy.

He got villified for saying it but when Bill Bennett linked the drop in crime to the timing of Roe vs. Wade I believe he was quite correct, for once anyway.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 10
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 5:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Who here is anti-gun?
 Post Number: 11
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 5:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ May 13 2013, 2:12 pm)

Who here is anti-gun?

You'd probably best direct that question to the person who actually wrote that paragraph.. Sarah Thompson, M.D.

http://www.gunlaws.com/Hoplophobia%20Analysis.htm
10 replies since May 13 2013, 1:38 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply New Government Report Undercuts
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions