2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The Imperial Presidency Starts To Unravel< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: May 21 2013, 6:51 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Soon the Emperor will have no clothes, and the charade will come to an end".

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2013....yE1Haaj

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
wycanislatrans Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 21 2013, 9:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think we should change the name from the political arena, to the Buggyboo Forum.
 Post Number: 3
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 21 2013, 11:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wycanislatrans @ May 21 2013, 6:55 pm)
I think we should change the name from the political arena, to the Buggyboo Forum.

Indeed...since his pratfalls are the primary entertainment around here.

But shhhhh....don't anybody tell him we're laughing at him, not with him.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2013, 8:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Obama has already survived the birth certificate scandal, the beer summit scandal, the arugula scandal, and the death panel scandal. He can obviously get away with anything.
 Post Number: 5
OverUnder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2013, 9:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ May 22 2013, 8:14 am)
Obama has already survived the birth certificate scandal, the beer summit scandal, the arugula scandal, and the death panel scandal. He can obviously get away with anything.

Slicker than Slick Willy?  I would prefer to see him wind up in prison like all his Illinios cronies.  That day may still be coming.
 Post Number: 6
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2013, 9:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TehipiteTom @ May 21 2013, 10:48 pm)

I still suspect he's actually a liberal impersonating a wingnut just to make conservatives look idiotic.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 7
splinky Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2013, 10:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ May 22 2013, 9:52 am)

I still suspect he's actually a liberal impersonating a wingnut just to make conservatives look idiotic.

He would have to be really good for that!
 Post Number: 8
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2013, 1:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The toothless orifice has limited value on the forum, but he has brought out the outliers here.

Please tell me overunder, why does Obama belong in prison and why don't Bush and Cheney? Something tells me that law was never part of your education.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 9
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 24 2013, 7:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Once again, you cannot discuss this president without measuring him against others.

If that is your only defense for the incompetence this occupant of the White House has shown,....then you got nuthin

This guy couldn't run a McDonalds there would not be enough employees for him to blame all his mistakes on

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: May 24 2013, 7:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One scandal after another and his defense is still that he didn't know what was going on

It looks more and more like Clint was correct

http://thehud.com/2013/05/not-fair/

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2013, 9:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh, but Republican hacks like you only need one person to blame everything on, Obama.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: May 27 2013, 9:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well it would be nice if the buck would stop somewhere....but you liberal hacks never want to blame anyone other than GWB for anything....and everything.

So far the only thing Obama has taken credit for was killing OBL

Still no signs of actual leadership to be seen

from Jay Leno: “White House officials insist that President Obama knew nothing about the IRS scandal until we all heard about it in the news last week. They said because there was an investigation under way, it would have been inappropriate to tell him. And besides, he was too busy not knowing anything about Benghazi.”

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 13
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 28 2013, 2:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

BillBab said

Well it would be nice if the buck would stop somewhere....but you liberal hacks never want to blame anyone other than GWB for anything....and everything.

^^ Massive self-awareness fail...."liberal hacks"... OH my gaad. BillBab actually said that

BillBab said

So far the only thing Obama has taken credit for was killing OBL

Where did he actually take credit for it? Although he certainly should get a certain level
of credit like any president should under those circumstances just like you right-wingers
gave credit to Bush when Saddam was captured and his sons killed.

BillBab said

Still no signs of actual leadership to be seen

Ya and the fact you're a right-wing republican hack couldn't have anything to do with the
fact you claim Obama has "no signs of actual leadership to be seen" despite the death of OBL,
the ACA being passed despite huge political benefits to Republicans in 2010 as they ran
against the ACA and as they continue to do so despite it being passed, the stimulus, etc..

My view is that Obama as a leader has been mixed. At times he is been at least adequate and
at other times his leadership has been lacking and when it has been lacking its been usually
appeasing these obnoxious flaming foaming at the mouth loud mouth right-wing Republicans.

BillBab said

from Jay Leno: “White House officials insist that President Obama knew nothing about the IRS
scandal until we all heard about it in the news last week. They said because there was an
investigation under way, it would have been inappropriate to tell him. And besides, he was
too busy not knowing anything about Benghazi.”

See isn't it amazing. A right-wing Republican hack like BillBab citing that joke to imply
that Obama was incompetent about Benghazi. HMMM did BillBab feel the same way about Bush
not knowing anything about 911? Then again there were numerous warning from the CIA to Bush
that an imminent attack was coming starting in the spring of 2001 all the way to the
infamous "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US" CIA briefing to Bush on August 6th, 2001.

But I doubt Billbab thinks Bush was willfully negligent. After all no right-wing Republican
hack would dare think such a thing about their messiah Bush

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 14
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 28 2013, 2:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ May 22 2013, 6:52 am)

Either way, five boxes in four months? - his parents must be proud!
 Post Number: 15
Trailgunner Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 5:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Found this excellent article about the alleged chemical attack in Syria, not sure how I feel about it. Between the Gulf of Tonkin, weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, use of torture and the like, I'm hesitating supporting this strike. Was wondering if folks here have some insight on the validity of all this and if we should bomb Syria?

"The president's strategy carries enormous risks to his and the nation's credibility, which the administration has argued forcefully is on the line in Syria. Obama long ago said the use of chemical weapons was a "red line" that Assad would not be allowed to cross with impunity."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130901/DA8HI1380.html
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 6:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hail Trailgunner, welcome to the fray. Since this is an older discussion started by an inflammatory idiot, reactions to your post may be harsh or abrupt. I just skimmed you link, but I think that you have made a point worth considering. National opinion is very divided, international opinion, is also very divided. I think that the President is prudent in seeking wider political support for military action. I can only hope that the intel that he is privy to is accurate. Much of the world and the country feel betrayed by the last administration, that likely falsified or trumped up questionable intel.

Without a doubt, drawing red lines, or lines in the sand is risky business. There are risks to appearing weak to Iran, Assad, or Al Qaeda. The greatest risks are to innocent people living in Syria. On the other hand, if our goal is to effect positive change in this situation, moving prematurely is a bad idea. There are always unexpected consequences to military action. I don't care what the Syrian government or press has to say, I care about being sure that we are going to make things better and not worse, is pretty damned important.

We have a President that hasn't got the respect that he deserves from the right. No President is perfect, but I think that Obama is trying to do what is best, not just for America, but what is best for the world. Most of his critiques don't care about anything more than putting their guy in office. Most of those guys look a lot like loose cannons to me.

--------------
 Post Number: 17
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 7:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One thing, that Sarin was used and many people died from it is not in dispute. Just who the perpetrators were and in the case of the regime how far up the command chain does it go.

Doctors Without Borders have no axe to grind in Syria and there are any number of them who speak of needing and using Atropine to fight the poisoning and that's very specifically a nerve agent antidote.

Whether Saudi supported and gas supplied rebels (the Russian contention), a rogue lower commander or the national authority is in some doubt. But not that those people were exposed to a nerve agent. The distribution and timing fit a gas delivered by the rockets that had just landed and the visible symptoms on too many videos to fake plus the somewhat effective Atropine treatment all support a nerve gas attack.
 Post Number: 18
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 7:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It is good to have a Constitutional scholar as President, one who is philosophically opposed to imperialism, but nuanced enough to realize that we still need to maintain a firm grip on military power while the world community evolves into a more mature model that that which we experienced in the 19th and 20th Centuries.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 19
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 8:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bill Clinton will go down in history as the president between two Bushes.  He won't complain.
 Post Number: 20
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 11:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ecocentric
No President is perfect

One thing that Obama has done a great job of in this situation is to make sure that a LOT of people in most nations on earth know that the US is upset that Syria is using chemical weapons and that use of chemical weapons has been something that the UN has considered a violation of "international law" in the past. By poking fun at Obama for his "red line on the use of chemical weapons", Syria is causing most nations to form an opinion on whether they support the use of chemical weapons and WMD's. The chemical weapons and WMD's issue is not so easy to sweep under the rug now.

This is the first real test of those agreements made in 1925 about chemical weapons and the later agreements about biological and "nuclear weapons proliferation". The UN cannot easily sweep the Syria use of chemical weapons under the rug - especially since Obama has made such a "fool" of himself in objecting the the use of chemical weapons and establishing "red lines". So the UN and world community are forced to take a stand whether WMD's are still considered against "international law".

My hope is that the UN will take the stance that Syria's use of WMD's is entirely acceptable in today's world. Or that the UN will simply do nothing - thus allowing nations to conclude that WMD's are of no concern and thus acceptable. Some nations - Russia, China, Iran, Syria will celebrate the moment that the US is shown to be not willing to stand behind the "red line" that the fool (crazy like a fox ) Obama has drawn.

As the world's most technologically advanced nation with the industrial strength to produce more and better weapons and defenses than any other nation on earth, the US stands to gain most. The US has the most advanced missile defenses, drone technology, and many other technologies that can easily be coupled with more advanced poisonous gases, pinpoint EMP and neutron bomb delivery without GPS, nuclear bunkerbusters, etc. Unconstrained by outdated "international law" the US military capacities will leap forward by an order of magnitude. A few miniature drones with chemical weapons would easily eradicate a guerrilla army.

So foot dragging by Congress in the US and endless debate in the UN with a final veto by China and Russia only serve to bring the issue of WMD's more to the forefront. Then, when it is concluded that these outdated "international laws" are no longer applicable, that "fool" Obama can laugh with the rest of the world - even as the US military capability rushes ahead. No other nation stands to gains so much as the US.
 Post Number: 21
Trailgunner Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2013, 10:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ecocentric @ Sep. 01 2013, 6:17 pm)
Hail Trailgunner, welcome to the fray. Since this is an older discussion started by an inflammatory idiot, reactions to your post may be harsh or abrupt. I just skimmed you link, but I think that you have made a point worth considering. National opinion is very divided, international opinion, is also very divided. I think that the President is prudent in seeking wider political support for military action. I can only hope that the intel that he is privy to is accurate. Much of the world and the country feel betrayed by the last administration, that likely falsified or trumped up questionable intel.

Without a doubt, drawing red lines, or lines in the sand is risky business. There are risks to appearing weak to Iran, Assad, or Al Qaeda. The greatest risks are to innocent people living in Syria. On the other hand, if our goal is to effect positive change in this situation, moving prematurely is a bad idea. There are always unexpected consequences to military action. I don't care what the Syrian government or press has to say, I care about being sure that we are going to make things better and not worse, is pretty damned important.

We have a President that hasn't got the respect that he deserves from the right. No President is perfect, but I think that Obama is trying to do what is best, not just for America, but what is best for the world. Most of his critiques don't care about anything more than putting their guy in office. Most of those guys look a lot like loose cannons to me.

Gosh, hope I didn't do something stupid and bring up something I shouldn't have. After looking up all the posts from this "inflammatory idiot", he did seem to attract harsh replies. Hope I didn't just break a rule by calling him that name.

Just read the agreement page of conduct and calling names isn't allowed. I will remove my name calling here if folks want me too. Please let me know if I should and I will not add to any threads this individual posted if you folks prefer I not. Seems gun and abortion topics are not conducive to friendly debate.

Thanks for the insight and my apologies for my posting on this persons thread.
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2013, 11:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You're doing fine. Seems like this old thread still had some mileage left in it.

--------------
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2013, 2:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Very appropriate in the present crisis.

The road away from imperialism is critical to the future of America.  Great Britain could never deal with that issue, and they have become an historical footnote, not unlike the Roman Empire.

Let us hope that America can do better and bring the whole world into democracy and self rule of the people, by the people and for the people.

Won't be easy, by a long way, but we still have a chance.  And this may be one of the important steps.  YMMV

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2013, 11:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But, it does express the true feelings of TDale and all the other right wing radicals.

As usual, a picture is worth a thousand denials.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 25
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2013, 2:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Such as what memes from Raz?

and what does anything from Raz have to do with Tdale?

Nothing

Its Kenv trying to change the subject again

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 26
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 11:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

ammoland....that has unbiased journalism written all over it....
25 replies since May 21 2013, 6:51 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The Imperial Presidency Starts To Unravel
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions