2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: She's Baaaack!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 14 2013, 11:19 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sarah

This article describes my opinion of Palin and her impact on her party fairly well.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 14 2013, 11:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not long ago, conservatives like myself were thrilled to find out that Fox News, often portrayed as the mouthpiece of the conservative movement

The problem is that isn't really the business model of Fox News, it's just a side effect of the business model they chose. Murdoch has made his living off of sensationalism. When the Fox Network started they aired things like the Simpsons that other networks wouldn't have aired due to the crass content. Fox News has been more about hyping the news and creating conflict where there is none. You see the same model in his print publications like the New York Post which isn't really left or right but is sensationalistic, printing headlines that might be eye catching but aren't totally accurate, harping on minor issues as if they are major issues etc. So of course they like Palin. She fits the business model of sensationalism.  And what they've found with stuffy white republicans is that if you can find a moderately attractive woman who spouts the same mindless BS that you generally hear from the guys at the bar, it works. Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin proved that business model works long before Palin came along.
 Post Number: 3
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 14 2013, 4:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Even though we lost in 2012, the candidates we Republicans chose were somewhat encouraging, if only because the choice combated a sinister and well-deserved perception: That the conservative movement was a party that rejected education, science, economics, and ideas generally."

Huh?
 Post Number: 4
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 14 2013, 4:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

THANK YOU, ROGER AILES!!!!!!!

Yours truly,
The Democratic Party

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 5
Scot Search for posts by this member.
Some light Slayer please...

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 14 2013, 4:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Panhandler @ Jun. 14 2013, 4:00 pm)
"Even though we lost in 2012, the candidates we Republicans chose were somewhat encouraging, if only because the choice combated a sinister and well-deserved perception: That the conservative movement was a party that rejected education, science, economics, and ideas generally."

Huh?

Both parties reject education, science, economics and ideas. She's just a tool. I never could stand her.

--------------
The tree of liberty must be renewed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots for it is its natural manure
 Post Number: 6
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 15 2013, 6:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And in so doing, Ailes has issued a painful reminder that he cares far more about making money than he does about informing his viewers

That covers just about every media source in existence. Money or outrage. Accurately "informing viewers" is waaaaayyyyy down the list for all of the media spectrum.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 15 2013, 2:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Jun. 15 2013, 3:40 am)
And in so doing, Ailes has issued a painful reminder that he cares far more about making money than he does about informing his viewers

That covers just about every media source in existence. Money or outrage. Accurately "informing viewers" is waaaaayyyyy down the list for all of the media spectrum.

The scary part is that the empty skirt that is object of their latest sensation was nearly one heart-attack away for the Whitehouse.
 Post Number: 8
Walkinman Search for posts by this member.
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 15 2013, 4:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Apparently she believes in Allah

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs....-it-out

"commander and chief"? Wtf?

--------------
Guided Alaska backpacking and hiking trips

"What good is a used up world and how can it be worth having?" -- Sting, All This Time.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 16 2013, 3:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Huh?

Which words don't you understand?

Palin, Bachman, Broun, Perry, Inhoffe, Murdoch... the list is long, and the cumulative IQ barely makes the double digits.

Scott Brown rallied his base by calling his opponent Professor Warren. The Republican message, "We don't like smart people. Science and stuff is dumb."

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 10
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 16 2013, 8:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ecocentric @ Jun. 16 2013, 3:36 am)

Huh?

Which words don't you understand?

Palin, Bachman, Broun, Perry, Inhoffe, Murdoch... the list is long, and the cumulative IQ barely makes the double digits.

Scott Brown rallied his base by calling his opponent Professor Warren. The Republican message, "We don't like smart people. Science and stuff is dumb."

I was referring to the part of the quote, "the candidates we Republicans chose were somewhat encouraging". How did their choices combat the perception? I'm agreeing with you. I saw no one in their group that went against the perception. And from what I see today, I don't see many going against that direction. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
 Post Number: 11
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 16 2013, 9:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And the message from the left

Successful Women Scare Us!

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 16 2013, 1:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Jun. 16 2013, 6:32 am)
And the message from the left

Successful Women Scare Us!

Would Billbab vote for Hillary?
 Post Number: 13
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 16 2013, 3:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

No Bill, we have really different ideas about what a successful woman is. We prefer the ones with education, experience, and the ability to think on their feet. You seem to prefer the ones that you can undress in your mind instead of listen to.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
12 replies since Jun. 14 2013, 11:19 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply She's Baaaack!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions