2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Police Taser Gun Rights Advocate, at Anti-Gun Violence Rally< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 9:59 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't see the guy doing anything to warrant getting kneed and Tasered by the cops.

http://concord-nh.patch.com/article....4819010

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 11:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Really? You don't see any reason? The guy was heckling a guy whose daughter had been gunned down.

A gun rights supporter was hit with a stun gun on Tuesday after he heckled the father of a murdered gun violence victim at an anti-gun violence rally, Concord (N.H.) Patch reported.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013....olitics

They should have beat the sh*t out of him.
 Post Number: 3
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 12:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Even poorly chosen speech is protected.

I did not see enough of the protest to determine what the victim did to deserve being tasered, but if the LEO asks you to move on, it is best to move on.  Resisting arrest is enough to draw out the taser.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 4
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 7:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The taser was used appropriately.  They guy was resisting arrest.  The police were attempting to secure him with handcuffs behind his back when he got his right arm free and brought it out in front of him.

At that point there was significant risk of injury to officers and the possibility that he would grab one of their weapons.

A perfect situation for use of a taser.  Absent the taser, a billy club or even firearm might have been necessary to subdue him.

The simplest thing to do when cops are trying to handcuff you is let them do so then sue them later for the false arrest.  Once you resist, your claim for false arrest pretty much dissipates.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 9:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The guy was being an ass and I'll grant there's nothing that indicates what he did beforehand but I watched it 3X and while he wasn't being entirely cooperative, he also wasn't struggling or fighting the cops. What I saw was mostly him mouthing off, which is not justifiable use of a Taser, much less trying to knee him in the balls. His right hand did get free but it looks more to me like the cop lost his grip when they pushed his back against the wall, not that he jerked his hand free.

--------------

Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 9:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh, and while I agree that one should normally submit to handcuffs 'cuz it's going to happen anyway, in my case I have a rotator cuff  injury in my right shoulder and my arm won't physically go behind my back. If a cop doesn't listen, he will not only cause me severe pain, he'll destroy the shoulder joint.

--------------

Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 12:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When an LEO tells a person he is under arrest and he needs to place his hands behind his back to be cuffed, moving his hand and arm to the front of his body requires a response from the officer.  Many who have not responded appropriately have died or been seriously injured.  

Even if the officer had lost his grip, the suspect had no reason to bring his arm forward.  Once he did that, they officers have to take action to protect themselves.

and then there is this one: http://lockerz.com/u....e_polic
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 12:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So a cop tells me to put my hands behind my back and I inform him I physically can't with my right arm. Is that refusal to obey and resisting arrest?

--------------

Post Number: 9
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 1:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A little more on the topic. If gun nuts have this much lack of class, why should we allow them to arm themselves? What a bunch of whiny jerks.

http://www.examiner.com/article....emorial
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 1:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Jun. 20 2013, 12:51 pm)
So a cop tells me to put my hands behind my back and I inform him I physically can't with my right arm. Is that refusal to obey and resisting arrest?

How does an officer distinguish between you and everyone else who makes such a claim?

I suppose if they have an alternative, like the waist chain, then maybe they would have to accommodate your claimed condition and then charge you with interference with the administration of justice if it turned out you didn't have that condition.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2013, 7:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The point being that not everyone who objects to being handcuffed behind their back is deliberately resisting arrest and deserving of being Tased. Granted the cops don't know (and I respect they have a difficult job) but does someone really need to be physically "manhandled", particularly when just standing there and not offering resistance?

Then there's the point that few people can control the balance impulse when falling. Trying to protect the head through the use of hands and arms is generally an overwhelming instinctive reaction. A few cops try to take someone down by tripping or otherwise, most everyone will struggle, even though completely innocent, simply because of the body's physiological response to an out of control fall, particularly when the hands and arms are restrained.

--------------

Post Number: 12
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2013, 7:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As if getting tasered wasn't enough - also from the OP link:

Musso was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and two counts of simple assault, allegedly against a person who was attending the rally and a police officer. He was held on $5,000 cash bail, and will be on arraigned June 19.

This will teach the pro gun types to keep their opinions and thoughts to themselves in the future - and to stay away from gun control rallies. After a few years in jail, losing his job, and losing his house and assets in order to pay his fines and legal fees, this guy and his friends will probably have learned an expensive lesson. This guy will now have a criminal record  and has destroyed his life because he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

He can be thankful that at least he is alive after being such an ass. The Kent State protestors were killed by police for being "rowdy" in 1970.
 Post Number: 13
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2013, 7:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

According to the article he was kneed and then tasered

Seems more like they were trying to punish him than subdue him

In any event, tasers are less lethal but can still result in death and should not be used because someone is slippery

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2013, 7:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Kent State protestors were killed by police for being "rowdy" in 1970.

No they weren't.

Should have known you'd want to throw out the 1st along with the 2nd but you're obviously failing to realize suppressing freedom of speech would also apply to you too.

Under your premise, protesters at/of any rally deserve arrest and having their lives ruined.

--------------

Post Number: 15
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2013, 10:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Montanalonewolf
Under your premise, protesters at/of any rally deserve arrest and having their lives ruined.

So you are saying that police should just stand by and allow people to heckle and shout down the pro gun protesters just as the police recently allowed counter-protesters to do in a recent Texas rally.  See Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest.

Texas police just stood by as these counter-protesters attempted to drown out the Westboro Baptist Church protesters with their loud music and profanity. No one was arrested or hassled by police. Such rowdiness seems to be allowed in Texas - but not New Hampshire.

I think that Texas should kick a few potsmokers out of prison and jail these counter-protesters as New Hampshire did in Musso's case!
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2013, 6:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's freedom of speech and as long as it doesn't get physical.... yeah.

--------------

15 replies since Jun. 19 2013, 9:59 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Police Taser Gun Rights Advocate
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions