2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Any Fox News Fans Here...?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
rangersven Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 07 2013, 1:00 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If so, what do you like about the network?  Are there any areas where Fox news can improve on?  Favorite news anchor or personality on the network?

Happy Trails,

RS

--------------
"Backpacker.com's Original Provocateur."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 07 2013, 8:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am a fan of Fox news. But I split my viewing time with CNN and to a lesser extent, CNBC. There is definitely a conservative, Republican bias - but that is balanced by viewing CNN. I DON'T hold this bias against Fox and welcome different points of view.

I don't have any suggestions on how to improve Fox news. I think that Fox does a great job of addressing ALL issues. I may not agree, but Fox news is not shy about reporting everything - not ignoring news that doesn't fit their conservative bias. I would say that this policy of reporting everything, even things that don't neatly fit their conservative bias, is their strong point.

That's easy, Bill O'Reily. But the "no spin zone" has lots of spin. Then I like Greta Van Susteren next. Megyn Kelly is also a fav. I am pleased that Sarah Palin joined Fox news too.

You can probably tell from my posting history that the conservative bias of Fox news has yet to rub off on me. In fact, their reporting more often reinforces by liberal leaning. I like to have my views challenged, and Fox does a great job of that.
 Post Number: 3
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 08 2013, 3:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think that Fox does a good job on "hard" news. These days, as good as CNN, thanks to the resources that Fox ratings provide. The conservative bias pops up now and then, but not nearly to the extent that the opposite bias shows up on MSNBC.
When it comes to anchors, I enjoy O'Reilly, but recognize that his show is a combination of right/center opinion and entertainment.
I'm as conservative as dares post on this left leaning forum, but Hannity gets even on MY nerves.

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
 Post Number: 4
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 08 2013, 3:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I like FOX for all the material they provide for The Daily Show.
 Post Number: 5
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 08 2013, 5:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Another "spam thread" by RS.

Fox couldn't even accurately report on a rally organized by one of their own. (Remember the Glenn Beck extravaganza?)

There are standup comics doing better news coverage and analysis...
 Post Number: 6
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 08 2013, 5:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's OK, if you like pep rallies.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 7
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2013, 8:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Shepard Smith is OK, the blonde talking heads are offensive in a variety of ways, and the info-tainment evening line up totally sucks. Hannity and O'Reilly are emotionally trapped in Catholic High School. Fox & Friends is actually lowering the IQ of the country. If you want intelligent discussion of news and policy in the morning, and can't do without some southern fried conservative big mouth, Morning Joe is a step up for anyone with more than a primary education.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 8
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2013, 8:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I watch it when I am traveling mostly...and generally only in the mornings after my run. I like the format well enough and it is the only news outlet that is not part of the Obama propaganda network...which is refreshing.

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
7 replies since Jul. 07 2013, 1:00 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Any Fox News Fans Here...?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions