2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 7<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: How is BHO Doing...?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 19 2013, 8:19 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

bill g said

Barry will always get the recognition of first black-or half-black president.

has anyone noticed that those who have the most disdain for Obama like to call him "Barry"?

bill g said

As far as record it will be mediocre, bottom half of presidents. To many he will be GWB light.
There are no distinct differences with GWB. He follows most of the same policies on all fronts.

please. While certainly there are some similarities most, notably on 4th amendment issues, the
there are obviously far more differences which should be beyond obvious like on taxes,
healthcare, Social Security and even to some extent foreign policy(try as the right does to try
and make stupid false equivalences to Iraq and Libya, there isn't it). I'm sure there are many
more

bill g said

To his own party he will be a disappointment since he never advanced any agenda to move blacks
forward. There were/are many opportunities.

what? Since when has that been one of the most important pressing issue among Democrats? Far
and away the most important issues to Democrats have been

A) get us out of Iraq  

B) Stop the hemorrhaging of job losses from the recession that started officially on December
of 2007

C) healthcare

all 3 were generally a success

Now what kind of legislation would qualify as advancing "blacks forward" that wouldn't be
filibustered by Republicans?

and why would Obama and Democrats even concentrate on specific legislation just for blacks?
You seem to have some particular narrative about Democrats

bill g said

to the majority he's the biggest sleaze ball since Nixon.

How clueless and detached from reality do you have to be to think

A) Obama is even a sleaze ball let along even in the same ballpark as Nixon? What have you been
brainwashed by right-wing propaganda to think that so called "IRS  scandal" or what happened
in Libya were scandals? Give any evidence that Obama is "the biggest sleaze ball since Nixon."

B) the majority think "he's the biggest sleaze ball since Nixon.". My gaad Bill do live in some
right-wing bubble where the only political opinions you're exposed to are those that
come from FOX, right-wing radio or the RNC? Do you live in a very right-wing community and you
somehow think that is representative of most people?

Nixon ordered breakins

Former President Richard Nixon ordered his advisers to dig up dirt on the Democrats and commit
two break-ins to go after enemies, Newsweek magazine reports in its latest edition.

&

The tapes were recorded in the White House in June and July of 1971, after the publication
of the Pentagon Papers in The New York Times.

Nixon wanted to use the media to "destroy" the leaker of the papers, Daniel Ellsberg, a
former Defense Department official. Nixon believed that an Ellsberg conspiracy was being run
out of the Brookings Institute.

"I want a break-in," ordered Nixon on June 30, according to the tapes transcribed by the
magazine. "Get it done. ... I want the Brookings safe cleaned out. And have it cleaned out
in a way that makes somebody else look bad."

Other excerpts from the tapes reported by Newsweek:

Nixon wanted the Internal Revenue Service to "go after a couple of media people ... Dan
  Schorr (then of CBS, later with CNN and now NPR), Mary McGrory (then of the Washington
  Star)."

The Los Angeles Times publisher back then, Otis Chandler, was mentioned too. "I want him
  checked out with regard to his gardener, I understand he's a wetback."

On September 13, 1971, Nixon ordered aide H.R. Haldeman to have the tax men go after
  prominent Democratic campaign donors.

"Please get me the name of the Jews. You know, " said Nixon, "the big Jewish contributors
  of the Democrats."

Nixon wanted to exploit Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy's fatal car accident at
  Chappaquiddick in 1969 by making an advertisement showing a picture of Kennedy with the
  caption, "Would you ride in a car with this man?"

http://www.cnn.com/US/9710/26/nixon.tapes/

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/05/doj-got-reporter-phone-rec

There is NOTHING Obama has done that is even close to Nixon.

Not only that there is NOTHING Obama has done that is even close to egregious as Reagan's
Iran-Contra scandal, the attorney firings under Bush, The corruption in the interior department
during the Bush years, How the bush administration pushed us to invade Iraq(No bill, most
Democrats in congress voted against invading Iraq) and what the Bush administration did to
Valeria Plame Wilson(I'm sure I forgot other examples).

bill g said

From lack of transparency to spying on the American public the only way I see this as a non-issue is if successive president's are even worse. Barry's policies as president don't mesh with any of his words or actions as candidate or senator.

Now Bill you said "to the majority he's the biggest sleaze ball since Nixon." which means
you think Bush isn't a "sleaze ball" as Obama. So Bill with that in mind where do you think
these issues of spying started? You think this was better under Bush?

I think you need to get out of your bubble and be exposed to views that don't conform to what
you hear on FOX, right-wing radio or the RNC because based on what you have said its clear to
me that you're being exposed to a very narrow range of views.

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 32
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 19 2013, 10:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I will admit to being a bit disappointed in Obama, but mostly because he took so long to call out the Obstructionists for what they are.  They are throwing away any chance to lead this nation, for the single purpose of making sure nothing gets done by the Democrats and the President.  The worse they can make him look, the less it looks like he can accomplish, they think the better their job has been done.

Under those circumstances, I would think anyone would look badly.  Obama has not taken to the bully pulpit like I had hoped, so maybe there is still hope after these next elections.  If the D's control both houses again, I would hope for more assertiveness.  Still, the D's have a bigger tent, and they tend to not vote in lock step with their leadership, so they have to compromise within their party before it ever gets to the R's.

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 33

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 19 2013, 10:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Jul. 19 2013, 10:04 pm)
I will admit to being a bit disappointed in Obama, but mostly because he took so long to call out the Obstructionists for what they are.  

How could I forget that one. Yes this is probably the biggest disappointment.

--------------
 Post Number: 34
2PawsRiver Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 8:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Considering that he is an America Hating, Godless POS, I would say he is living up to expectations.

[edited to remove the obscene comment! --bp2go]

--------------
www.MarkandSharonLundin.com
 Post Number: 35
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 8:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(2PawsRiver @ Jul. 20 2013, 7:12 am)
Considering,,,

I suppose one could quip about the type of person who makes this kind of statement, and how it's possible that any individual comes to post something like this on a public forum, and what that probably means about the poster, but, you know, the post itself says all that needs to be said, doesn't it?

Yes. It certainly does.
 Post Number: 36
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 9:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not even sure how an idiot could arrive at such a description.  Seems like it would take a conscious choice to ignore all facts.  

--------------

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 37

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 12:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(2PawsRiver @ Jul. 20 2013, 8:12 am)
Considering that he is an America Hating, Godless POS, I would say he is living up to expectations.

^^ Look up the word "brainwashed" or "ignoramus" in the dictionary because it has 2PawsRiver's
  pic right there

--------------
 Post Number: 38

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 12:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Jul. 20 2013, 9:33 am)
I'm not even sure how an idiot could arrive at such a description.  Seems like it would take a conscious choice to ignore all facts.  

you know in times like this I like to use the phrase "dumb ignorant right-wing peasant"

--------------
 Post Number: 39
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 12:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Factcheck's answer:
Obama’s Numbers: July Update
http://www.factcheck.org/2013....7844805

The summary:
"In our latest quarterly review of key statistical measures of Barack Obama’s presidency so far, we find:
The economy has now added twice as many jobs since Obama took office than it did in his predecessor’s entire eight years in office.
Stockholders have grown wealthier; the S&P 500 has gained 110 percent.
But fewer Americans own their own homes. The rate of home ownership has dropped by 2.3 percentage points.
However, fewer homeowners are now being forced out by foreclosures. Lenders initiated fewer foreclosure proceedings in June than at any time in the past seven-and-a-half years.
Consumer prices have risen a modest 9.9 percent since Obama first took office, but wages have barely kept pace. Real weekly earnings rose just 0.1 percent.
The federal debt declined a bit recently due to the tax-season surge in payments to the Treasury. But the debt is still up nearly 90 percent, and on a path to double.
While states and cities laid off millions of their workers to make ends meet, the Obama administration continued to hire. The federal workforce is nearly 5 percent larger now, and has grown faster than the U.S. population.
Obama has now traveled to 38 countries, visiting some more than once. Bush visited 75.
The president is far short of meeting his goal of doubling U.S. exports. They have risen 31 percent since he took office, and only 2 percent in the most recent 12 months.
Domestic oil production continues to soar, up 46 percent. Oil imports have plunged by 38 percent. But the U.S. still depends on foreign sources for more than a third of what it consumes.
Wind and solar power have increased 176 percent. But those sources still make up just 3.4 percent of U.S. electric generation. Coal still accounts for the biggest share: nearly 39 percent."
 Post Number: 40
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 1:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(bill g @ Jul. 19 2013, 5:10 pm)
Barry will always get the recognition of first black-or half-black president.

As far as record it will be mediocre, bottom half of presidents. To many he will be GWB light. There are no distinct differences with GWB. He follows most of the same policies on all fronts.

To his own party he will be a disappointment since he never advanced any agenda to move blacks forward. There were/are many opportunities.

To the majority he's the biggest sleaze ball since Nixon. But somehow we forgave Nixon all his faults. From lack of transparency to spying on the American public the only way I see this as a non-issue is if successive president's are even worse. Barry's policies as president don't mesh with any of his words or actions as candidate or senator.

His greatest legacy is Obamacare.  Much like SS, Medicare or Medicaid, only time will tell.

Nixon got us out of Vietnam.

Kennedy got us in.
 Post Number: 41
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 2:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

2Paws....got some good news for you!

Anger Management therapy is covered by ObamaCare!!    :)

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 42
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Glacier detail

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 2:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Old Frank @ Jul. 20 2013, 2:24 pm)

LMAO.   :D  :D  :D  :D
 Post Number: 43
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 9:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

His first term really sucked, mostly because of the super majority.

His second term is scandal ridden and shameful.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 44
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 9:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Name a scandal.  IRS?  No traction since they were enforcing the law on both sides of the aisle.  State Dept?  Nothing happening there.

What is shameful?

--------------

Post Number: 45
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 9:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If congress had done their jobs like they are suppose to, America would be in a better place now.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 46
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2013, 10:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Jul. 20 2013, 6:02 pm)

Yeah that whole six months really took it to the pubbies. .

"Depending upon which metric is used, Democrats had a super majority for roughly six months which includes the seven weeks between Franken’s swearing-in on July 8 to Ted Kennedy’s death on August 25 and the four months and nine days between Paul Kirk’s swearing-in on September 25, 2009 to his replacement by Scott Brown on February 4, 2010. "

The correct answer is the first term really sucked because of the George W. Bush Great Recession and the two unfinished George W Bush wars not to mention the still free and alive Osama bin Laden.
 Post Number: 47

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 12:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Old Frank @ Jul. 20 2013, 2:24 pm)

Thanks Frank, but honestly I'm not the least bit angry, it simply is what it is and our nation has become what it has become.............and yes I realize I am in the minority on pretty much everything here, but I enjoy hiking and the outdoors, and there is a lot of good information here that I appreciate, even if it comes from people who clearly think differently then I do.

I would think it is an issue, you know that old saying, if you think everybody else is crazy, maybe it's you......but this is the only outdoors site where I am in the minority in the way I think.

As for the insults, they don't bother me, I look at the people making them and am grateful they have a place where they can speak harshly.......anonymously :D

--------------
 Post Number: 48
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 9:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Jul. 20 2013, 7:43 pm)
Name a scandal.  IRS?  No traction since they were enforcing the law on both sides of the aisle.  State Dept?  Nothing happening there.

What is shameful?

How about fast and furious?

We'll see how he "handles" the Zimmerman case.  Not looking good so far.
 Post Number: 49
craigwill Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 1:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Jul. 19 2013, 11:13 am)
Most divisive president since Abraham Lincoln

I think Lamebeaver said more here than he probably realizes. I've concluded and accepted some time ago that we are in a civil war. It's a cold war. But no less divisive than the one Lincoln "brought on" through his election. Obama's election spurred the creation of the Tea Party that, instead of seceding from the Union, chose to de-fund it and obstruct it in anyway possible. Add to this the power of the military and its industrial constituents in the midst of two wars, the power of the financial industry in the midst of the biggest economic collapse since the Great Depression, an intelligence regime that's beyond anyone's control, and the GOP's use of the filibuster, then it's remarkable that he's been able to achieve anything at all.

I think the majority of "Obama's failings" are in his attempt to function within such a highly disfunctional system.
 Post Number: 50

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 1:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One thing Obama has done well as a president is deliver intelligent, poignant, insightful, and pertinent speeches. The sad, sad reality of it all, though, is our corrupt system will not allow the enactment of the ideas expressed in those speeches.
 Post Number: 51
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 3:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(craigwill @ Jul. 21 2013, 12:37 pm)

(Lamebeaver @ Jul. 19 2013, 11:13 am)
Most divisive president since Abraham Lincoln

I think Lamebeaver said more here than he probably realizes. I've concluded and accepted some time ago that we are in a civil war. It's a cold war. But no less divisive than the one Lincoln "brought on" through his election. Obama's election spurred the creation of the Tea Party that, instead of seceding from the Union, chose to de-fund it and obstruct it in anyway possible. Add to this the power of the military and its industrial constituents in the midst of two wars, the power of the financial industry in the midst of the biggest economic collapse since the Great Depression, an intelligence regime that's beyond anyone's control, and the GOP's use of the filibuster, then it's remarkable that he's been able to achieve anything at all.

I think the majority of "Obama's failings" are in his attempt to function within such a highly disfunctional system.

+1

Insightful, and very well said.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 52

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 3:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(2PawsRiver @ Jul. 20 2013, 7:12 am)
Considering that he is an America Hating, Godless POS

Since you took the trouble to post that statement in this forum, would you mind explaining how you reached the conclusion that this president is Godless and hates America?

--------------
 Post Number: 53
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 4:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Craigwill, RIGHT ON!

2PawsRiver, the country and the god that you have in your mind, like you, deserve the hate of the majority of the people on this planet. Fortunately, this country, this president, and the majority of it's citizens are far better people than you.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 54

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 5:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Eco, that's a rather harsh judgement and inflammatory statement. The cold civil that war craigwill mentioned persists because the American people are bitterly divided.

I believe this polarization is the intended result of misinformation by the Powers That Be -- the true elites whose grip on wealth and power is dependent on the dysfunction of our representative democracy.

The first Republican president (before he was elected) famously said:
A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Lincoln was talking about the institution of slavery, but the concept applies to what we face today -- as long as the American people are bitterly divided and at each others' throats, we cannot stand together for our own best interests. The vast majority of American citizens (leftand right) have much more in common with each other than with the entrenched wealth that pulls the strings from behind the scenes.

In the higher context of economic fairness, civil rights & liberties, and the future of this country for our children, amost everyone on this board is a natural ally.

But we lose sight of that, largely due to the effectiveness of the propaganda that fosters the kind of beliefs that 2PawsRiver expressed.

Yes, it can be very frustrating encountering those misguided beliefs and very difficult responding with anything but contempt -- but that is exactly what the PTB are counting on. Upon reading your response, 2Paws' belief that you are his enemy (not his natural ally) will only be reinforced, and the likelihood of him having an open mind even more remote.

Multiply that times the millions who watch Fox News and listen to Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck then add the number of times we hurl the hatred right back at them, you have the equation that is stacked against the American people.

It's easy to dismiss folks like 2PawsRiver as beyond reach but we should not push them further out of reach, and the fact is we need them for the mutual task of building a better future.

I replied to 2Paws in the hope he would make an honest attempt to explain how he came to believe what he expressed, and that his errors would be pointed out with facts, rational explanation, and (deserved or not) a modicum of respect.

Very difficult to be sure, but in the long run critically necessary.

--------------
 Post Number: 55

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 6:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gunslinger said

right-wingers, like gunslinger, seem to be incapable of learning and being manipulated by
propaganda and where was their outrage about scandals when Bush was president?

--------------
 Post Number: 56

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 7:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lamebeaver said

Nixon got us out of Vietnam.

Kennedy got us in.

all Kennedy had was essentially advisors in vietnam(its LBJ that really increased
the troops) and had planned to pull those advisers out of vietnam but then he was killed
and the plan didn't go forward

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-12....w-board

As for nixon, Nixon was the guy who bombed the f*c* out of Vietnam and Cambodia for that
matter and he I don't think he only pulled troops out of Vietnam because the public put
incredible pressure to pull the troops put. BTW a lot of historians blame Nixon, in part,
for radicalizing and helping to pave the way for the Khmer Rouge by bombing the f*c* out of
Cambodia and destabilizing it

Lamebeaver said

How about fast and furious?

I think that is another hyped up scandal by the right-wing entertainment echo machine.

What do you think are the facts are on F&F?

--------------
 Post Number: 57

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 7:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wonder if the obscene comment 2PawsRiver made in regard to Obama was the N-word?

--------------
 Post Number: 58
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 7:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No, it wasn't.  

--------------

Post Number: 59

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 9:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's interesting how the demographics of this 2nd rebellion are not much different from the first. The neo-rebels/tea-partiers are for the most part Southern, white, rural, and largely racist. Their working class identify with and fight for the interests of the landed gentry though there is no benefit to them from any conceivable outcome.

It's just as Goering stated, "the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.... all you have to do is tell them they are being attacked." In this case, the rebel populace has been convinced that their culture or "way of life" is under attack and that "liberalism" is the enemy. There is absolutely no difference in this than the way Hitler turned the Germans against the Jews.

Just for the record, I mention the above as one who grew up within a mile and a half of Beauvoir, the last home of Jefferson Davis - the South's version of Mount Vernon. Davis was, and still is, revered much like a founding father, though a few of us grew up and realized that he was just a leader of an insurrection fighting in defense of slavery.
 Post Number: 60

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 1:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ Jul. 21 2013, 5:22 pm)
Eco, that's a rather harsh judgement and inflammatory statement. The cold civil that war craigwill mentioned persists because the American people are bitterly divided.

I believe this polarization is the intended result of misinformation by the Powers That Be -- the true elites whose grip on wealth and power is dependent on the dysfunction of our representative democracy.

The first Republican president (before he was elected) famously said:
A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Lincoln was talking about the institution of slavery, but the concept applies to what we face today -- as long as the American people are bitterly divided and at each others' throats, we cannot stand together for our own best interests. The vast majority of American citizens (leftand right) have much more in common with each other than with the entrenched wealth that pulls the strings from behind the scenes.

In the higher context of economic fairness, civil rights & liberties, and the future of this country for our children, amost everyone on this board is a natural ally.

But we lose sight of that, largely due to the effectiveness of the propaganda that fosters the kind of beliefs that 2PawsRiver expressed.

Yes, it can be very frustrating encountering those misguided beliefs and very difficult responding with anything but contempt -- but that is exactly what the PTB are counting on. Upon reading your response, 2Paws' belief that you are his enemy (not his natural ally) will only be reinforced, and the likelihood of him having an open mind even more remote.

Multiply that times the millions who watch Fox News and listen to Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck then add the number of times we hurl the hatred right back at them, you have the equation that is stacked against the American people.

It's easy to dismiss folks like 2PawsRiver as beyond reach but we should not push them further out of reach, and the fact is we need them for the mutual task of building a better future.

I replied to 2Paws in the hope he would make an honest attempt to explain how he came to believe what he expressed, and that his errors would be pointed out with facts, rational explanation, and (deserved or not) a modicum of respect.

Very difficult to be sure, but in the long run critically necessary.

With almost 8 years to form an opinion, I doubt I would have time or space to put it all down.  Obama professes Christianity, however we as a country are still at the point where in order to be elected president, one must profess to believe in God........and like any good politician Obama does...........,but if you listen to Obama, he talks of Christianity, eludes to a belief, but his beliefs are what the church can do for the poor, the overlooked and are pretty much in line with his political views......he professes a belief in a higher power, but his belief in not in Christ or the Bible.

As for hating America......I don't think I have ever seen a president spend more time abroad speaking ill of our country....not that he is the only president that has, just the most.........other examples would be his position of the 2nd amendment, economic redistribution, ObamaCare....maybe hating America was not an accurate way of putting it......he just hates things about America.

As for being a POS, that's easy, his most recent........18 minutes of crap on the lawn of the Whitehouse about Zimmerman/Martin/

Now we can debate it back and forth, but honestly it's a mute point, not long and we'll be looking for another President.

I do however appreciate that while we may disagree you can do so without the personal insults.  While I disagree with many here I don't think I ever resorted to personal insults or name calling.

--------------
183 replies since Jul. 19 2013, 2:52 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 7<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply How is BHO Doing...?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions