2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: OMG, Now he is a Fireman Wannabe< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 1:58 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Or just a generally good person

http://abcnews.go.com/US....twitter

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 3:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, that doesn't fit in with the playbook, does it?

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 3
star Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 3:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So he's strong enough to extract a full grown man from a flaming wreck, but not to fend off a teenaged boy without shooting him. Got it. Other than, I don't know too many people who wouldn't assist at an crash scene. We still pull over for break downs around here too. So excuse me if I don't run out and get the guy a medal.

--------------
If I wanted to live in a dictatorship I would have picked a place with shorter winters.
 Post Number: 4
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 4:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Were the occupants of the SUV white or black?
 Post Number: 5
OverUnder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 5:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sure once the family realized who helped rescue them they climbed back into the wreck to await a more politically correct rescuer.  If the other man who helped with the rescue was black and it was 30 years ago it might have been Obummer.
 Post Number: 6
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 6:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He didnt have his gun with him so all four victims lived.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 6:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How does doing something that anyone else short of a psychopath would do, make him a "generally good person"?
 Post Number: 8
Pathfinder1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 6:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi...

WOW...a gun totin' firefighter. Now everyone will feel more secure...!!
 Post Number: 9
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 6:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Media still sucking up to people who are living in a fantasy: "just a mile from where he killed Martin..." - The jury found, however, that it was just a mile from where he defended himself from a hoodlum trying to kill him.  

Everyday we learn more about Martin the "kid" and he sounds more like Billy the Kid.  His parents should be ashamed of their son's behavior and should be touring the country urging others not to engage in such lawless behavior.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 6:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Pathfinder1 @ Jul. 22 2013, 6:34 pm)
Hi...

WOW...a gun totin' firefighter. Now everyone will feel more secure...!!

Maybe all fire fighters should be armed

Gunman Who Killed 2 Firefighters Left Chilling Note

That piece of fecal matter left the scene after a police officer returned fire, otherwise he may have continued killing people driving by the location.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 6:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Jul. 22 2013, 6:42 pm)
Media still sucking up to people who are living in a fantasy: "just a mile from where he killed Martin..." - The jury found, however, that it was just a mile from where he defended himself from a hoodlum trying to kill him.  

No that's not what the jury found. The jury determined there wasn't enough evidence to find Zimmerman guilty. Reasonable doubt of Zimmerman's guilt does not mean Martin was guilty of attempted murder as you claim.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 7:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jul. 22 2013, 6:51 pm)

No that's not what the jury found. The jury determined there wasn't enough evidence to find Zimmerman guilty. Reasonable doubt of Zimmerman's guilt does not mean Martin was guilty of attempted murder as you claim.

Again, check your facts.  we've heard a jury speak, and even those who said they didn't agree with her indicated they agreed Zimmerman was defending his life.

When facts suck try swallowing.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 7:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You should think a bit more clearly before posting. You often come off as a bit of a head case. Finding reasonable doubt of guilt is not the same as finding the victim guilty. They should have taught you that the first semester.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 8:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wait a minute. Does he still have that police scanner? This guy could be like one of those firefighters that starts setting their own fires, just so they can respond to them. See if he starts popping up to save the day on a regular basis.

--------------
If I wanted to live in a dictatorship I would have picked a place with shorter winters.
 Post Number: 15
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 9:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

HighGravity
Finding reasonable doubt of guilt is not the same as finding the victim guilty.

I was laid up in bed during the trial with an illness and there was NOTHING else even halfway interesting on television - so I got sucked into watching pretty much the whole trial on television. After seeing pictures of Zimmerman's injuries that were consistent with his story, seeing the cellphone time data, police recordings of Zimmerman's call, hearing the witnesses, etc, I became convinced that Martin attacked Zimmerman as he claimed. And Zimmerman "confessed" that he shot Martin. No doubt there.

But I don't think that the jurors had a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman feared for his life as he claimed - the bloody nose and cuts and swollen spots on the back of Zimmerman's head were clear to see. I don't think that they doubted Zimmerman's version of the events at all. "Reasonable doubt" about Zimmerman's story was not an issue. The physical evidence, cellphone time stamps, and witnesses confirmed Zimmerman's story.

But I think that the jurors DID have a problem with Florida's self defense law that allowed Zimmerman to provoke Martin by following him, then to shoot Martin as he banged Zimmerman's head on the concrete. Like me, I think that they felt that Zimmerman should be jailed for SOMETHING. They just couldn't find anything in Florida law that they could pin on him. The juror said that on the CNN interview.

After all, an unarmed black child was stalked and killed. So what if he jumped Zimmerman and was banging his head on the concrete? Zimmerman PROVOKED Martin, thus started the fight.

Something is very wrong when Zimmerman didn't go to jail for something. Florida's self defense laws must be changed. The jury can't be faulted - they tried to find something. But Florida's self defense law's are the problem.

I feel that retrying Zimmerman on a DOJ civil rights murder charge, with more blacks on the jury, will likely result in jail for Zimmerman.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2013, 9:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

star
Does he still have that police scanner?

He probably does. Lots of people have police scanners. Amazon has a lot of them for between $100 and $200. Some people, wanna be firefighters, towing companies, hospital emergency rooms, newspaper reporters, etc like to listen in.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 1:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We have one ourselves, my mom used to work for the sheriff.
It's odd that a person who is in hiding, fearing for his life, wearing Kevlar when he does have to go out in public, found himself at a crash scene. No? I always stop for people, they never take my information if I wasn't a witness. How did they know it was him?

--------------
 Post Number: 18
Cmazzac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 5:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(star @ Jul. 23 2013, 1:11 am)
We have one ourselves, my mom used to work for the sheriff.
It's odd that a person who is in hiding, fearing for his life, wearing Kevlar when he does have to go out in public, found himself at a crash scene. No? I always stop for people, they never take my information if I wasn't a witness. How did they know it was him?

Knock, knock

who's there?

George Zimmerman

George Zimmerman who?

Your on the jury!

Forget that one...?
 Post Number: 19
smokehiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 8:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Most folks that stop and help at a crash are not firefighter wannabe(s).  Just regular joes.  
How many of you have ever tried to help someone in need? I just don't see why this is such a big deal.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 10:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Jul. 22 2013, 5:42 pm)

Everyday we learn more about Martin the "kid" and he sounds more like Billy the Kid.  His parents should be ashamed of their son's behavior and should be touring the country urging others not to engage in such lawless behavior.

Still trying to blame the victim, I see.

--------------
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 10:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Jul. 22 2013, 6:09 pm)
Again, check your facts.  we've heard a jury speak, and even those who said they didn't agree with her indicated they agreed Zimmerman was defending his life.

When facts suck try swallowing.

Yea........no matter how much crap you throw against the wall, the one simple fact still remains.

Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

Try swallowing that.

--------------
 Post Number: 22
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 10:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So, since the jury has found Trayvon guilty of attempted murder, then we should expect a civil case filed by Zimmerman against the Martin family?

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 11:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jul. 22 2013, 7:15 pm)
You should think a bit more clearly before posting. You often come off as a bit of a head case. Finding reasonable doubt of guilt is not the same as finding the victim guilty. They should have taught you that the first semester.

Again, check your facts.  We have the advantage of juror interview and subsequent statements from other jurors.

Obviously you've never been to law school.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 11:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Jul. 23 2013, 10:26 am)

So, since the jury has found Trayvon guilty of attempted murder, then we should expect a civil case filed by Zimmerman against the Martin family?

In a recent interview that is exactly what O'Mara said his client could do, although he probably would not because the chance of ever recovering any money from the Martin's is low due to lack of insurance coverage for intentional torts and lack of assets on the part of the Martins.
 Post Number: 25
Hiker01 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 4:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jul. 22 2013, 6:21 pm)
How does doing something that anyone else short of a psychopath would do, make him a "generally good person"?

There are a lot people that would call 911 and keep driving.  It doesn't make them a psychopath they would rather not get involved.  Sad but true!  Liberal media will figure out a way to spin it.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 5:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hiker01 @ Jul. 23 2013, 4:38 pm)

(HighGravity @ Jul. 22 2013, 6:21 pm)

There are a lot people that would call 911 and keep driving.  It doesn't make them a psychopath they would rather not get involved.  Sad but true!  Liberal media will figure out a way to spin it.

Yeah sure. Meanwhile look for the following in the conservative media proving what a great human being he is:

George Zimmerman comes out of hiding to hold door for elderly couple at Wal-Mart

Nice guy Zimmerman feeds pigeons at park

Zimmerman seen tossing baseball with orphan child

Zimmerman allows someone to switch lanes, even though he's in a hurry

American Patriot Zimmerman places hand over heart while saying pledge of allegiance
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 6:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

nogods
In a recent interview that is exactly what O'Mara said his client could do, although he probably would not because the chance of ever recovering any money from the Martin's is low due to lack of insurance coverage for intentional torts and lack of assets on the part of the Martins.

I saw that interview too. But I kept thinking to myself that O'Mara is smart enough not to have Zimmerman sue the Martin's UNTIL they get the money from the wrongful death lawsuits from the Homeowner's Association ( who have already settled for an undisclosed amount ), Neighbourhood Watch, and the City of Sanford. If Zimmerman sues now, the Martin's won't have an incentive to collect the money from the wrongful death lawsuits. O'Mara is just not showing his hand for now.
 Post Number: 28
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2013, 8:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Law school is a lot like learning how to write grants. It doesn't necessarily extend your perspective, it just teaches you how to use the rules to your advantage.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 7:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

More ways that Zimmerman is a "generally good person."

http://uptownmagazine.com/2013....mmerman
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 7:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The rumor that Zimmerman has already sued the Martins is false:
False Rumor - Zimmerman Sues Martin's

But it is true that Zimmerman has already sued NBC back in December, 2012:
Zimmerman Sues NBC

From the ABC story linked:

It centers around "manipulated" exchanges between George Zimmerman and a non-emergency dispatcher shortly before unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin was shot and killed. The audio aired a few times on several NBC platforms beginning March 19.

The suit blames NBC in large part for the media frenzy surrounding the case and hostilities against Zimmerman.

The suit points out two versions of the exchanges that aired beginning on March 19 for more than a week that they say the network manipulated to "create the misleading impression that Zimmerman was suspicious of Martin's conduct because he is a black male."
45 replies since Jul. 22 2013, 1:58 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply OMG
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions