2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Martin justice isn't about "justice", It's all about revenge< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 9:25 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

George Zimmermann, Preacher, Gets Death Threats Meant For George Zimmerman

A Florida preacher said he's been getting threatening phone calls likely intended for the man found not guilty in the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

George Zimmermann -- with two "n's" in his last name -- had to call the Volusia County Sheriff's Office after he received several death threats, apparently meant for George Zimmerman, according to WFVT.

"Hey [expletive] you're the one who killed Trayvon Martin, when your [expletive] get out, you're dead," said one caller. "Wherever you go, you're dead. Wherever you're trying to hide, you're dead. Watch your [expletive] move. You think you're free. You're not. You better get ready to dig a 6-foot hole. Cause you know you're fixing to go," the caller added according to WFVT.

Though he reached out to law enforcement, Zimmermann told WESH the calls don't scare him.

"The type of people that would do this, they're just venting their emotions, and being what I am, and who I am, OK, you vented, you've done it. I listened to you. That's it," Zimmermann said.

But Zimmermann told WKMG the threats were becoming a nuisance.

"I'm just tired of getting these calls," Zimmermann said. "I don't know what to do about it."

Zimmermann has reportedly changed his number in hope of solving the problem.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013....D348180

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 11:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wonder how many death threats a certain woman received when she was found not guilty of killing her daughter?

I wonder how many death threats Obama gets?

I wonder how many people you threatened?

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
Wailer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 5:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So you think Martin's family just wants revenge, not justice for their dead son? (Since you used the word "all" in the thread title)

Or is it possible that some people out there would like revenge, while many others sought justice, particularly in the weeks after the shooting when very little was being done to investigate?
 Post Number: 4
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 7:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If there is anything to be learned from this entire affair, it is how much different parts of our society feel about the state of justice in America. Prejudice is as widespread as crime, and sadly that includes law enforcement. The recent trial of Whitey Bulger reveals that even the FBI is infested with criminals, and most police departments have some hard core bigots. Most old white guys with money think that the courts are too lenient, and most black people have experienced stops and searches for driving while black. Texas and Indiana are good examples of why we don't want prisons for profit, because prison owners have the influence to alter the laws to keep prisons full. For all of our bluster about liberty, freedom, and justice, America is slipping backwards towards the dark ages. People that label themselves patriots are pushing that backslide. I don't know that much about what happened between GZ and TM, but I do know what has been openly on exhibition as a response. Americans, are no longer clear on what justice is or should be and there is no consensus on how to remedy the problem.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 5
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 9:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Wailer @ Jul. 24 2013, 5:50 pm)
So you think Martin's family just wants revenge, not justice for their dead son? (Since you used the word "all" in the thread title)

Or is it possible that some people out there would like revenge, while many others sought justice, particularly in the weeks after the shooting when very little was being done to investigate?

If the Martins want justice for their son they'll have to allow to state to indict his corpse for his felonious assault of Zimmerman.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 10:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Wailer @ Jul. 24 2013, 3:50 pm)

An investigation was demanded and received.
A trial was demanded and received.
A verdict was demanded and received and.... wait...what do you mean there wasn't a guilty verdict like was also demanded?

Everything was done as demanded except returning a "guilty" so now the demanders are vengeful vigilantes who say they will kill to achieve their perceived idea of "justice".

That makes them entirely in the wrong

--------------

Post Number: 7
Wailer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 11:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Jul. 24 2013, 7:02 pm)

(Wailer @ Jul. 24 2013, 5:50 pm)

If the Martins want justice for their son they'll have to allow to state to indict his corpse for his felonious assault of Zimmerman.

I honestly don't know what to say to that - I would guess Martin did make some bad choices on how he handled his side of the equation, would you not agree he has paid for his mistakes? As somewhat of a lurker, I have read plenty of your posts, perhaps not always agreeing but perceiving your posts to be fairly rational.

IMO you are off the deep end with this. And understand, I don't think Zimmerman should have been convicted and I think Martin could have handled things differently on his end. Zimmerman also could/should have. Martin has paid his dues, Zimmerman has not. The fact that you would not see this is a little sick.
 Post Number: 8
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 11:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wonder if you could request that disconnected number from the phone company.  Might be worth recording the calls and setting up a 900 number so people could pay to listen to them.
 Post Number: 9
pass-thru Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 11:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Raznation @ Jul. 24 2013, 11:19 am)

If Obama gets a death threat, the federal government follows up immediately to protect him.

If GZ gets a death threat, the feds have taken his means of protection (handgun) despite the verdict of innocence.
 Post Number: 10
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2013, 7:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(pass-thru @ Jul. 24 2013, 10:56 pm)

If Obama gets a death threat, the federal government follows up immediately to protect him.

If GZ gets a death threat, the feds have taken his means of protection (handgun) despite the verdict of innocence.

The Feds have taken his LEGAL gun. They will hold it until their "investigation" is complete - which means that they will hold it FOREVER in the real world.

But on the streets in the US, the real world, everyone knows that gun laws are like illegal drug laws. Smuggling and black markets for illegal guns are just as established as they are for illegal heroin. Like the illegal drug laws, the gun laws are impressive with all sorts of requirements and background checks to be met before a person is allowed to LEGALLY purchase a gun. These laws provide a lot of comfort for those in the isolation of their suburban homes who watch Piers Morgan on CNN. But in the REAL world, an illegal gun is just as easy to buy on the streets as illegal marijuana.

So I wouldn't worry about Zimmerman's ability to protect himself. With the death threats and bounties on his head I suspect that he has obtained plenty of firepower.

--------------
watch "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2013, 7:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(pass-thru @ Jul. 24 2013, 9:56 pm)

Yes and no. The feds are keeping the handgun used in the Martin case for an indeterminate time (he may yet get it back) but have also ruled/determined that due to the not guilty verdict, he is legally permitted to buy another. Several people have offered to provide him with another handgun of his choosing free of charge.

--------------

Post Number: 12
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2013, 8:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(pass-thru @ Jul. 24 2013, 11:56 pm)

But if he joins a mexican cartel, Holder will fedex his weapon to him immediately  :laugh:

I heard this morning that the folks GZ helped rescue from the rollover accident have been threatened.

SO saying anything nice about GZ could be hazardous to your health

Why is the "justice" crowd so violent?

Is that why they picked TM as their mascot???

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 13
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2013, 9:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I just have to wonder about BB's source for this news. He is pretty selective about the propaganda that he passes along. I don't mean that in a good way.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 11:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(pass-thru @ Jul. 24 2013, 10:56 pm)

If GZ gets a death threat, then he needs to call the police.

And stay inside his house.....unless he wants to go outside to look around for the person who called or to find a address.

--------------
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 11:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Jul. 25 2013, 6:42 am)
Several people have offered to provide him with another handgun of his choosing free of charge.

I wonder if they will provide him with money once his civil lawsuit for wrongful death comes his way?

--------------
 Post Number: 16
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 2:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ecocentric @ Jul. 25 2013, 9:45 am)
I just have to wonder about BB's source for this news. He is pretty selective about the propaganda that he passes along. I don't mean that in a good way.

Not in a good way....just in a very simple minded way...like always

Your pathetic attempt at a put down is kind of funny coming from someone that is so completely controlled by the media  :laugh:

But back on topic (rather than just posting random insults) notice that we now have this family not coming forward, and a juror coming forward, both because they are afraid of violence by the JFT crowd

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 10:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And more:
Lori Tankel, Florida Woman, Gets Death Threats Meant For George Zimmerman

Lori Tankel's phone started ringing off the hook shortly after George Zimmerman was found not guilty on all counts in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

"We're going to kill you, we're going to get you. Watch your back," one caller said to the Winter Park, Fla., resident, according to WFTV.

Tankel's phone number is "one number off from the number Zimmerman used to make his call to police just before he fatally shot Martin," WFTV reports.

The Broward Palm Beach New Times reports that Tankel called authorities to complain but got a "tepid response."

She says the Seminole County Sheriff's Office told her the department itself receives around 400 death threats a minute on social media sites.

"Tankel is being forced to change her number, while feeling like someone is getting away with harassment and death threats because they don't know how to use a dial pad on a phone," writes the Times' Chris Joseph.

The story comes just days after news reports surfaced about George Zimmermann (two "n's"), a Florida preacher who also had to change his number to avoid threats.

--------------

Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2013, 12:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Jul. 26 2013, 9:32 pm)
And more:
Lori Tankel, Florida Woman, Gets Death Threats Meant For George Zimmerman

Lori Tankel's phone started ringing off the hook shortly after George Zimmerman was found not guilty on all counts in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

"We're going to kill you, we're going to get you. Watch your back," one caller said to the Winter Park, Fla., resident, according to WFTV.

Tankel's phone number is "one number off from the number Zimmerman used to make his call to police just before he fatally shot Martin," WFTV reports.

The Broward Palm Beach New Times reports that Tankel called authorities to complain but got a "tepid response."

She says the Seminole County Sheriff's Office told her the department itself receives around 400 death threats a minute on social media sites.

"Tankel is being forced to change her number, while feeling like someone is getting away with harassment and death threats because they don't know how to use a dial pad on a phone," writes the Times' Chris Joseph.

The story comes just days after news reports surfaced about George Zimmermann (two "n's"), a Florida preacher who also had to change his number to avoid threats.

I can relate to this.

We had a phone number that was one number off from the hospital emergency room.

We would get phone calls at all times of the day or nite from people wanting medical advice.

We just ended up changing the number after we got a call at 3am about someone with a gunshot wound.

--------------
 Post Number: 19
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2013, 1:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Trayvon's family are now reduced to suing for wrongful death.  

I just hope that Zimmerman gets as big a judgment against as OJ did when he got away with murder.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
18 replies since Jul. 24 2013, 9:25 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Martin justice isn't about "justice"
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions