2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Santorum Files for Divorce, Blames the gays< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 9:14 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum filed for divorce today.

According to papers signed by an Allegheny County judge, the former Republican presidential candidate cited irreconcilable differences with his wife of 23 years.

"Unfortunately the homosexuals have ruined my marriage," he explained to reporter Bruce Nolan. "Every year more and more of them get married, and every year the relationship with my wife gets worse.

"Ever since the Supreme Court struck down DOMA, we've been sleeping in separate rooms. It's like I don't even know who she is anymore. This is what the gays want: to destroy the institution of marriage. We won't be the last."

According to the filing, the pair have agreed to split all assets equally and share joint custody of their children. His wife will keep the family home and automobiles, while Santorum will keep most of the couple's wardrobe.

Several seasoned divorce attorneys say that such an amicable financial settlement is unusual. But in an exclusive interview Santorum explains money was never really the issue.

"The real problem was in the bedroom," he says. "My wife kept complaining that I talked too much about gay sex while we were making love."

http://dailycurrant.com/2013....he-gays

:D

The fact that I believed the headline and first couple paragraphs says more about Santorum than me.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 9:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Unfortunately the homosexuals have ruined my marriage," he explained to reporter Bruce Nolan. "Every year more and more of them get married, and every year the relationship with my wife gets worse.

This made my day. I needed a good laugh.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 3
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 10:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is this from the Onion?
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 10:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Marmotstew @ Jul. 30 2013, 10:07 am)
Is this from the Onion?

Same concept.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 5
Altarboy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 12:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wonder if this is real. I always liked him, but if he said that, he is an imbecile.
 Post Number: 6
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 12:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I want to say something, but it wouldn't be any sport, like shooting fish in a barrel. KenV, maybe you could offer him a little advice.  :laugh:

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 7
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 12:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Altarboy @ Jul. 30 2013, 12:28 pm)
I wonder if this is real. I always liked him, but if he said that, he is an imbecile.

You may be confused on who the imbecile is.
 Post Number: 8
Hiker01 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 12:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Altarboy @ Jul. 30 2013, 12:28 pm)
I wonder if this is real.

Really?
 Post Number: 9
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 1:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

this thread brings back memories

of course the difference is the poster of this thread seems to be in on the joke unlike that other poster

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 10
Altarboy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2013, 1:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok, I get it-it is like The Onion. Funny stuff. Still, I've heard equally crazy things that were really said by famous and not so famous people.
 Post Number: 11
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 12:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok, I get it-it is like The Onion. Funny stuff. Still, I've heard equally crazy things that were really said by famous and not so famous people.

So, you're a big fan of Michelle Bachman and Rush Limbotomy??

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 12
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 8:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Jul. 30 2013, 7:14 am)
According to the filing, the pair have agreed to split all assets equally and share joint custody of their children. His wife will keep the family home and automobiles, while Santorum will keep most of the couple's wardrobe.

"The real problem was in the bedroom," he says. "My wife kept complaining that I talked too much about gay sex while we were making love."

Did anyone else raise their eyebrows at this?
 Post Number: 13
DonTom Search for posts by this member.
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 9:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Jul. 30 2013, 6:14 am)
The fact that I believed the headline and first couple paragraphs says more about Santorum than me.

I believed the entire thing.  I find it very difficult to tell when such stories are true.

This is  because there doesn't seem to be any limit to the type of ridiculous nonsense many Christians believe.

-Don-

--------------
-Don- South San Francisco, CA or Cold Springs Valley, NV (near Reno).
 Post Number: 14
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 10:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Jul. 31 2013, 8:43 am)

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Jul. 30 2013, 7:14 am)

Did anyone else raise their eyebrows at this?

I noticed it after I realized the article was satire... which made it even funnier.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 15
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 10:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This whole story is nothing more than a frothy mix of ........oh nevermind.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 16
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 11:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This thread is full of WIN. :D

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 11:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe Santorum should start a law firm.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 18
Scot Search for posts by this member.
Some light Slayer please...

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 6:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That guy made my skin crawl. BHO is bad enough, I can only imagine what that crackpot would have done!

--------------
The tree of liberty must be renewed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots for it is its natural manure
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 7:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(DonTom @ Jul. 31 2013, 9:20 am)
This is  because there doesn't seem to be any limit to the type of ridiculous nonsense many Christians believe.

-Don-

And non believers?
 Post Number: 20
Scot Search for posts by this member.
Some light Slayer please...

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2013, 8:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hiker01 @ Jul. 31 2013, 7:59 pm)

(DonTom @ Jul. 31 2013, 9:20 am)

-Don-

And non believers?

Yes, both are equally to blame for the nonsense filling our senses these days.

--------------
The tree of liberty must be renewed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots for it is its natural manure
 Post Number: 21
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 01 2013, 4:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hiker01 @ Jul. 31 2013, 4:59 pm)
And non believers?

Non-believers of superstitious nonsense (such as religious nonsense) might believe in other types of nonsense, but at least it won't be based on superstitious nonsense.

-Don-

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 01 2013, 9:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't really care what one believes.  However, it's ashame that you would call it nonsense.
 Post Number: 23
Jersey Devil Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 01 2013, 11:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

About 8 years ago or so I was closing up the outer gates of a big national historic park site I was working at.  As I stood on the gate changing signs to closed up came Mr. Santorum and a huge posse of talking heads and his family.  He strode right up to me, big smile on his face, and greeted me with “hello I’m Rick Santorum and need to get into that building for some publicity shots.”  I responded that while it was nice to meet him security had already left and without a specific film shoot appointment I couldn’t let him in.  The smile dropped immediately and with a scowl he said “you do know who I am right” I told him I did, but the rules of the Park were for everyone and even if I wanted to let him in with security gone I had no rights to do the mandatory search.
It exploded, a thousand voices came at me, but I had no intention of doing anything but my job.  Eventually a supervisor, craving the celebrity moment, ran out and ushered his posse in.  As he walked up by me, he said “see, that wasn’t so hard.”  “To which I replied, no sir it wasn’t, it’s just to be bad that in the birthplace of liberty where we are all deemed equal citizens rules only apply to those not in the public eye.”

--------------
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice. ~T. Paine

http://www.avalonhistorycenter.com/
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 01 2013, 2:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good on you Jersey Devil. You could have been fired for anything different.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 25
Jersey Devil Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 02 2013, 2:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks, that was my entire point really.  Rules are rules, they are meant to apply to all not some.  As a side note people had been written up for not following these the strict post 911 guidelines.  It wasn't personal or political, I was just doing my job.  It's a shame he couldn't see that and was running on "me" time.

--------------
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice. ~T. Paine

http://www.avalonhistorycenter.com/
 Post Number: 26
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2013, 6:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hiker01 @ Aug. 01 2013, 6:30 am)
I don't really care what one believes.
Neither do I, as long as it has no negative effect on me.

(Hiker01 @ Aug. 01 2013, 6:30 am)
 However, it's ashame that you would call it nonsense.

Why?

I call it what it really is.

"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names."
--Chinese Proverb

And why shouldn't nonsense be called such?

-Don-

--------------
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2013, 10:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(DonTom @ Aug. 04 2013, 6:58 am)
I call it what it really is.

That's just silly.  Anyway, are you saying christian beliefs have a negative effect on you?
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2013, 10:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think that it is pretty safe to assume that a gay man has experienced the negative effects of many people's Christian beliefs, as have Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Native Americans, and almost every other class of people that were discriminated against by God fearing Christians.

--------------
 Post Number: 29
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2013, 3:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just by being a vociferous non-believer one experiences the negative effects of Xtian extremism and discrimination.

In the Bible Belt it is not ok to be an agnostic or an atheist, it is almost as bad as being gay or black skinned.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 30
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2013, 9:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hiker01 @ Aug. 04 2013, 7:01 am)
That's just silly.
IMAO, what is silly is for adults to believe in such obvious nonsense as religions. Yet so many do. Countless different religions in this world, but they are all OBVIOUS superstitious nonsense.

(Hiker01 @ Aug. 04 2013, 7:01 am)
 Anyway, are you saying christian beliefs have a negative effect on you?
Yes. But that is not my point.

-Don-

--------------
29 replies since Jul. 30 2013, 9:14 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Santorum Files for Divorce
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions