2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: GOP staffer sees light on Obamacare in his, treatment for cancer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 21 2013, 8:21 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Clint Murphy, a 38-year-old former GOP staffer, offered a surprising message to his conservative peers
last week, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. After his own battle against testicular cancer —
and subsequent struggle to obtain health insurance coverage — he now supports Obamacare, the very
program against which the Republican Party has fought for months.

"When you say you're against [Obamacare]," Murphy posted on his Facebook page, "you're saying that you
don't want people like me to have health insurance."

http://www.arktimes.com/Arkansa....-cancer

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry....amacare

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013, 11:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The faces of the real life death panel begins to emerge on the media scene.

When medical insurance premiums actually go down in all of the states where Obamacare is actively implemented, the battle will be over.  

I just hope that it happens before the 2014 elections, and all those Tea Hat House members get their reward from the voters for voting to repeal 40 times.  (It will be more times by then, but 40 so far!)

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 3
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013, 11:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Someone watched "The Rachel Maddow Show" last night. (I saw a couple of the bits on this and the subject of the other thread on "gerrymandering", but I'm absolutely surprised that there's not a single thread here about the NRA's collection of records on member gun owners! I guess the NRA's databases are more secure than the government's...
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013, 6:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

actually I first heard this on Chris Hayes show

But yes there are other news other topics such as that one on the NRA

The other big one is NC and how they are really really pulling as much BS as they can think of in terms of voter
suppression and especially going after college students in as many ways as they can think

--------------
 Post Number: 5
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013, 10:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Aug. 21 2013, 6:21 pm)
... The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. After his own battle against testicular cancer —
and subsequent struggle to obtain health insurance coverage — he now supports Obamacare, the very

"When you say you're against [Obamacare]," Murphy posted on his Facebook page, "you're saying that you

That's the primary issue about any reversal is the Republicans want to keep the high risk pools and allow pre-existing conditions.  Any partial reversal on the various mandates will thus send premiums sky high (paving the way for universal coverage/single-payer afterwards but with more ruined families).  

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 6
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2013, 8:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Aug. 22 2013, 5:49 pm)
actually I first heard this on Chris Hayes show

But yes there are other news other topics such as that one on the NRA

The other big one is NC and how they are really really pulling as much BS as they can think of in terms of voter
suppression and especially going after college students in as many ways as they can think

And dont forget about Governor 'Oops' who is now asking for millions of dollars for Obamacare.

Or Mrs. 'Point finger in Obama face' now saying that Obamacare in her state was her idea all along.

I guess being two face has no shame.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2013, 12:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Aug. 21 2013, 8:21 pm)

I can't speak for all the folks who "say [the're] against [Obamacare]," but I'm against it for many reasons and ALL of them are entirely different reasons than this guy claims  So in that sense this guy's claim (and apparently the thread upon which it is based) is a strawman.

I know a LOT of folks who are "against Obamacare" are against it because, among many reasons, they believe that folks who roll the dice and don't purchase insurance while they are healthy, and then want to purchase insurance only AFTER the dice rolls against them, should pay much more than the folks who purchased insurance while they were healthy.

Indeed, I'm quite sure that the vast majority of citizens would cry crocodile tears for someone who does not purchase car insurance and then wants to buy it AFTER he gets in a wreck.
 Post Number: 8
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2013, 1:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KenV @ Aug. 23 2013, 10:56 am)
I know a LOT of folks who are "against Obamacare" are against it because, among many reasons, they believe that folks who roll the dice and don't purchase insurance while they are healthy, and then want to purchase insurance only AFTER the dice rolls against them, should pay much more than the folks who purchased insurance while they were healthy.

Indeed, I'm quite sure that the vast majority of citizens would cry crocodile tears for someone who does not purchase car insurance and then wants to buy it AFTER he gets in a wreck.

If that's the reason you claim to be against Obamacare, it's pretty safe to say you're unaware of what the law actually does.  It directly addresses that very concern.  Being against it would allow what you're upset about to keep happening regularly.

Your reasoning there is like being against gravity because you prefer to stay on the ground.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2013, 9:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GoBlueHiker @ Aug. 23 2013, 1:01 pm)

If that's the reason you claim to be against Obamacare, it's pretty safe to say you're unaware of what the law actually does.  It directly addresses that very concern.  Being against it would allow what you're upset about to keep happening regularly.

Your reasoning there is like being against gravity because you prefer to stay on the ground.

ummmm, I said "among many reasons".

Also, are you saying this guy is not suddenly happy with Obamacare because he does NOT benefit from the no pre existing condition exclusion?  If so, what changed his mind?
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2013, 10:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"ummmm, I said 'among many reasons'"

Meaning, one presumes, 'among many reasons, all of which are similarly erroneous or uninformed'.

:D
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2013, 11:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KenV @ Aug. 24 2013, 7:37 pm)

(GoBlueHiker @ Aug. 23 2013, 1:01 pm)

ummmm, I said "among many reasons".

Also, are you saying this guy is not suddenly happy with Obamacare because he does NOT benefit from the no pre existing condition exclusion?  If so, what changed his mind?

I didn't say anything of the sort. It'd take an idiot to think that's what I was saying.  Are you actually an idiot or just playing one again for argument's sake? (hint: it never makes your statements look smart when you do this.)

If "one of the reasons" you (and a LOT of folks, according to you) dislike Obamacare is because you don't approve of how people shirk getting health insurance until right when they suddenly need it, it's painfully apparent how oblivious you are to the rudimentary points of the actual law.

How exactly do you think Obamacare makes that problem worse?  Educate us, please.

Again, it's like disapproving of gravity because you prefer to stay on the ground.

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2013, 11:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GoBlueHiker @ Aug. 24 2013, 11:13 pm)
I didn't say anything of the sort. It'd take an idiot to think that's what I was saying.  Are you actually an idiot or just playing one again for argument's sake? (hint: it never makes your statements look smart when you do this.)

If "one of the reasons" you (and a LOT of folks, according to you) dislike Obamacare is because you don't approve of how people shirk getting health insurance until right when they suddenly need it, it's painfully apparent how oblivious you are to the rudimentary points of the actual law.

How exactly do you think Obamacare makes that problem worse?  Educate us, please.

Again, it's like disapproving of gravity because you prefer to stay on the ground.

No you did not say that.  But the implication was there, so that's why I asked.  Clearly you found that question offensive.

And independent of what you said, certainly that's the point of the thread is it not?  How a guy with cancer and no insurance is now going to benefit from obamacare?  And how anyone who is opposed to such "don't want people like [him] to have health insurance?"  

So is the guy wrong and he won't benefit after all?  His pre existing condition will be excluded by "the rudimentary points" of obamacare?
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2013, 11:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Chit happens when it happens, KenV. It has to start at some time. (God knows, the right has been trying to stop it for a lifetime, but I guess that's beside the point!)

Or, are you suggesting we make the law retroactive in funding and coverage to at least a point at which all potential living members would be covered? You know, so that previous denial of coverage by the existing system would be null and void, and all those denied insurance in the past, who are now still living, would be required to pay for the insurance which they were denied in order to obtain coverage for their current conditions?
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 12:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

kenv said
I can't speak for all the folks who "say [the're] against [Obamacare]," but I'm against it for many reasons and ALL of
them are entirely different reasons than this guy claims  So in that sense this guy's claim (and apparently the thread
upon which it is based) is a strawman.

"than this guy claims"

I would be willing to wager that what KEn claims this guy claims isn't what the guy claimed about why those who are
against ObamaRomneyHeritageFoundationCare(which would make Kenv the one doing a strawman)

--------------
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 11:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KenV @ Aug. 24 2013, 9:37 pm)

(GoBlueHiker @ Aug. 24 2013, 11:13 pm)

No you did not say that.  But the implication was there, so that's why I asked.  Clearly you found that question offensive.

And independent of what you said, certainly that's the point of the thread is it not?  How a guy with cancer and no insurance is now going to benefit from obamacare?  And how anyone who is opposed to such "don't want people like [him] to have health insurance?"  

So is the guy wrong and he won't benefit after all?  His pre existing condition will be excluded by "the rudimentary points" of obamacare?

Not offended, just pointing out how idiotic your response was, which it clearly was. It's frustrating trying to converse with someone who thinks pretending to be stupid is a credible way to debate.

Ken, apparently you aren't aware of the "individual mandate" portion of the Obamacare law.  It directly handles the situation you describe.  Either you're ignorant of the individual mandate, or you know about it and are ignoring it (once again "playing the idiot") for the sake of a hollow argument.  Which is it?  There's not really any middle ground there.

Are you ignorant of the individual mandate, or just dense enough to not realize how it directly addresses the very concern you seem to have about the law?

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 16
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 11:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Aug. 21 2013, 8:21 pm)

Clint Murphy, a 38-year-old former GOP staffer, offered a surprising message to his conservative peers
last week, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. After his own battle against testicular cancer —

So, this person is 38 years old and doesn't have (and apparently never had?) medical insurance?
Naturally now, he wants any kind of insurance...........did he call The General, or Flo, or a Geckco?

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 11:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ya Jimmy, I guy with cancer only needs to buy any "any kind of insurance.". See in our society sometime people,
in particular "high risk" people, like those who have cancer, have a hard time getting health insurance

maybe you he should read the articles before commenting

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 11:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Kenv said

I know a LOT of folks who are "against Obamacare" are against it because, among many reasons, they believe that folks who roll the dice and don't purchase insurance

while they are healthy, and then want to purchase insurance only AFTER the dice rolls against them, should pay much more than the folks who purchased insurance while

they were healthy.

The irony is that one the major reasons critics of ObamaRomneyHeritageFoundationCare gave for being against it
was that it will penalize people(by paying a fee) for not purchasing health insurance but now Kenv says he knows
a LOT of folks who are "against Obamacare" because it essentially doesn't make these people pay enough.
The entire purpose of the mandate was to get those who aren't purchasing health insurance and have the means to
purchase it, the incentive to purchase it.

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 12:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Aug. 25 2013, 11:49 am)
Ya Jimmy, I guy with cancer only needs to buy any "any kind of insurance.". See in our society sometime people,
in particular "high risk" people, like those who have cancer, have a hard time getting health insurance

maybe you he should read the articles before commenting

Why would I read some lengthly artical, when I'm only inquiring about why a guy his age didn't already have insurance..........you seem cynical.............then again, some officals pass laws without reading them first also, so, I guess I'm not the only one.

--------------

Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 12:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Why would I read some lengthly artical, when I'm only inquiring about why a guy his age didn't already have insurance."

So you assume that the article doesn't answer this question.

How would you know that unless you read the article?

--------------
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 12:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Aug. 25 2013, 12:14 pm)
"Why would I read some lengthly artical, when I'm only inquiring about why a guy his age didn't already have insurance."

Uh, no.............I'm not assuming anything, I only know what YOU copied in a thread.
But, like Nancy Pelosi said............just pass the law, then read it.

--------------

Post Number: 22
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 1:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why would I read some lengthly artical, when I'm only inquiring about why a guy his age didn't already have insurance

Well, you could engage your big brain that has evolved over the past million years, and take note of the fact that he is an ex-Congressional staff person.  So, while he was a staffer he was covered, at taxpayer expense, by one of the very best health insurance programs that has ever existed.  And, apparently while so covered, or shortly thereafter, he developed cancer.

So when he was no longer a Congressional staffer, probably because he was too sick to keep the impossible hours that are demanded, he could not get any other insurance because he had a "pre-existing" condition.

And now, with Obamacare the insurance companies have to provide a policy in spite of the pre-existing condition.

See how that works, Jimmy??

Just use the big brain, the more you use it, the better it works.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 23
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 1:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

JimmyC
some officals pass laws without reading them first

and

just pass the law, then read it

According to Hucklabee, Obamacare was "passed in middle of the night behind locked doors". It is my understanding that the Republicans were drinking and partying at a Virgina Hooters and felt no need to read the law or vote on it. And I have been told that lawmakers seldom read, much less understand, most laws that are passed. Why read over 2000 pages of dull legalspeack when you can be reading "100 Shades of Gray"?

So it makes sense to me that once you read the Affordable Health Care law you come around to supporting it.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 2:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

JimmyC said

Uh, no.............I'm not assuming anything, I only know what YOU copied in a thread.

Of course you assumed something which was that "lengthly artical" wouldn't have any information
pertaining to your inquire "about why a guy his age didn't already have insurance."

see look at your quote again

The clear and very obvious implication is that you thought the article wouldn't answer that question so you decided not
to read it(with the exception of the part I copied)

Also when you say "I only know what YOU copied in a thread." that shows that you were willfully ignorant and/or too lazy
to even read the article.

JimmyC said

I know conservative love misrepresenting what Pelosi said but she never said that

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 2:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bass said

According to Hucklabee, Obamacare was "passed in middle of the night behind locked doors".

Now there is a credibe source, Hucklabee(you got that from that paid partisan right-wing
commerical right?).

Its BS charge

First of all “Obamacare” wasn’t passed in the middle of the night behind locked doors and was not
“rammed down the throat of the American people.” The law was introduced in 2009 and passed after
the usual committee meetings and usual work done in Congress to pass laws. PPACA passed the Senate
on December 24, 2009, by a vote of 60–39 with all Democrats and two Independents voting for, and
all Republicans voting against and passed the House on March 21, 2010, by a vote of 219–212, with
34 Democrats and all 178 Republicans voting against the bill.

http://www.dougberger.net/archive....Kj9LgUN

If you want an example of a healthcare law that was passed in the wee hours of the morning then look
to the medicare part D bill passed in 2003 when Republicans controlled the presidency and congress.

The unorthodox roll call on one of the most expensive bills ever placed before the House of Representatives began
in the middle of the night
, long after most people in Washington had switched off C-SPAN and gone to sleep.

The only witnesses were congressional staffers, hundreds of lobbyists, and U.S. representatives, like Dan Burton,
R-Ind., and Walter Jones, R-N.C.

"The pharmaceutical lobbyists wrote the bill," says Jones. "The bill was over 1,000 pages. And it got to the members
of the House that morning, and we voted for it at about 3 a.m. in the morning," remembers Jones.

Why did the vote finally take place at 3 a.m.?

"Well, I think a lot of the shenanigans that were going on that night, they didn't want on national television in
primetime," according to Burton.

"I've been in politics for 22 years," says Jones, "and it was the ugliest night I have ever seen in 22 years."

The legislation was the cornerstone of Republican's domestic agenda and would extend limited prescription drugs coverage
under Medicare to 41 million Americans, including 13 million who had never been covered before.

At an estimated cost of just under $400 billion over 10 years, it was the largest entitlement program in more than 40
years, and the debate broke down along party lines.

But when it came time to cast ballots, the Republican leadership discovered that a number of key Republican congressmen
had defected and joined the Democrats, arguing that the bill was too expensive and a sellout to the drug companies.
Burton and Jones were among them.

"They're suppose to have 15 minutes to leave the voting machines open and it was open for almost three hours," Burton
explains. "The votes were there to defeat the bill for two hours and 45 minutes and we had leaders going around and
gathering around individuals, trying to twist their arms to get them to change their votes."

Jones says the arm-twisting was horrible.

"We had a good friend from Michigan, Nick Smith, and they threatened to work against his son who wanted to run for his
seat when he retired," he recalls. "I saw a woman, a member of the House, a lady, crying when they came around her,
trying to get her to change her votes. It was ugly."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-2625305.html

So time and time again I've heard mainly Republicans repeat this false claim that ObamaRomneyHeritageFoundationCare
was passed in the "middle of the night" with strongarm tacitcs, which wasn't true, but not one of these people who repeat
this false claim have said ANYTHING, that I know of, about how the medicare prescription drug bill was passed in the
middle of the night to the wee hours of the morning(3:00 AM). I wonder how many Republicans in congress who voted for the
medicare prescription drug bill spew this hypocritical propaganda about ObamaRomneyHeritageFoundationCare being
passed in the middle of the night? Probably quite a few

--------------
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 3:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Aug. 25 2013, 1:16 pm)
Why would I read some lengthly artical, when I'm only inquiring about why a guy his age didn't already have insurance

Well, you could engage your big brain that has evolved over the past million years, and take note of the fact that he is an ex-Congressional staff person.  So, while he was a staffer he was covered, at taxpayer expense, by one of the very best health insurance programs that has ever existed.  And, apparently while so covered, or shortly thereafter, he developed cancer.

So when he was no longer a Congressional staffer, probably because he was too sick to keep the impossible hours that are demanded, he could not get any other insurance because he had a "pre-existing" condition.

And now, with Obamacare the insurance companies have to provide a policy in spite of the pre-existing condition.

See how that works, Jimmy??

Just use the big brain, the more you use it, the better it works.

So, while he was a staffer he was covered, at taxpayer expense, by one of the very best health insurance programs that has ever existed.  And, apparently while so covered, or shortly thereafter, he developed cancer.

Maybe, but like my insurance, it covers me while working and if I become disabled, I go on LTD and remain coverd till I die.....so, aparently he did't have >>>> one of the very best health insurance programs that has ever existed.

And, if he contracted his disease after he was no longer a staffer, wouldn't you think he would have known to have insurance.

--------------

Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 3:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ Aug. 25 2013, 1:22 pm)
JimmyC
some officals pass laws without reading them first

and

just pass the law, then read it

According to Hucklabee, Obamacare was "passed in middle of the night behind locked doors". It is my understanding that the Republicans were drinking and partying at a Virgina Hooters and felt no need to read the law or vote on it. And I have been told that lawmakers seldom read, much less understand, most laws that are passed. Why read over 2000 pages of dull legalspeack when you can be reading "100 Shades of Gray"?

So it makes sense to me that once you read the Affordable Health Care law you come around to supporting it.

That right, that is YOUR understanding.

--------------

Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 3:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Aug. 25 2013, 2:55 pm)
JimmyC said

Of course you assumed something which was that "lengthly artical" wouldn't have any information
pertaining to your inquire "about why a guy his age didn't already have insurance."

see look at your quote again

The clear and very obvious implication is that you thought the article wouldn't answer that question so you decided not
to read it(with the exception of the part I copied)

Also when you say "I only know what YOU copied in a thread." that shows that you were willfully ignorant and/or too lazy

JimmyC said

I know conservative love misrepresenting what Pelosi said but she never said that

.........................or too lazy is correct, I just read what you copied, I assume.

--------------

Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 3:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Too lazy?

I thought you right-wingers were supposed to be the hard working types?

You know the types that have contempt for the lazy?

--------------
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013, 3:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

jimmyc said

And, if he contracted his disease after he was no longer a staffer

So you don't know if he "contracted his disease after he was no longer a staffer"?

Do you think the article or one of the articles it links to answers that question?

jimmyc said

wouldn't you think he would have known to have insurance.

So let me get this straight. You think the reason he is without insurance now is that he made the decision not to get
insurance. Is that what the article said?

True or false. Did one one of the links that the first link linked say this or not?
"he was rejected by two major insurance companies on the basis of other pre-existing
conditions"

Not that this guy in the past wasn't responsible but that doesn't explain why he doesn't
have health insurance now

Would you expect someone who has cancer to have an easy time getting insurance?

Why are you hell bent in trying to blame this guy for not finding health insurance?

Have you not been paying attention at all to our health care system in America?

Or is it that if you didn't blame this guy then that would mean you would have to give
credit to a key piece of legislation pushed by Obama and passed by the Democratic
congress at the time?

--------------
94 replies since Aug. 21 2013, 8:21 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply GOP staffer sees light on Obamacare in his
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions