2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Safety Through More Guns< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 7:57 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anybody know if these two safe and sane gun owners are also members of this forum??  They sound like several who post here!

An apparent booze-fueled dispute over loud music between two groups at a Chino campground over the weekend escalated to the point where men from both sides drew guns and opened fire.

No one was hurt, but the two alleged gunmen have plenty to explain.

It turns out that the rival gun-toting campers were both Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies.

http://www.latimes.com/local....1.story

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 8:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yep - those are the guys who come to save you from the serial killer breaking into your home when you call 911.

You'll need a gun to protect yourself from the criminals and the Sheriffs.
 Post Number: 3
rangersven Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 8:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

More proof that alcohol and guns don't mix.  It'll probably cost them their careers.  I have less and less patience for bad behavior due to drinking and people losing control.  

RS

--------------
"Backpacker.com's Original Provocateur"
 Post Number: 4
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 8:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

First guy who fired his weapon probably loses his job.  Second guy can claim he was trying to stop a crime.  Both guys need to be mall security somewhere where guns are not allowed.  Neither should be able to own guns any more.  If you cannot figure out you have had too much to drink to be handling firearms, you should not be able to own one.  

Wonder how many shots were fired, and if any bystanders were hit?  Maybe everyone got lucky and no one hit anything.

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 5
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2013, 10:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Public drunkenness is practically in the IMPD job description. No wonder Chicago is so afraid of import from Indianapolis

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2013, 9:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Seriously......all you folks that fear the mere presence of firearms should be very nervous around armed police

I think the Barney Fife rule may be needed

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013....g-event

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 7
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Glacier detail

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2013, 7:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Armed police are generally fine - I know plenty of good ones.  Armed drunks are entirely different.
 Post Number: 8
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2013, 10:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Another reason to avoid organized campgrounds.
 Post Number: 9
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 12:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

DISARM THE POLICE!

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 10
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 7:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Those drunks might otherwise have tried to show whose pecker was bigger, but instead they reached for their phallic substitutes.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 11
Ron. Search for posts by this member.
don't surround yourself with your self

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 11:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ Sep. 04 2013, 6:20 am)
Those drunks might otherwise have tried to show whose pecker was bigger, but instead they reached for their phallic substitutes.

Ooooo you're so clever!  :D  LOL

--------------
And be kind toward one another
 Post Number: 12
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2013, 2:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Sep. 01 2013, 8:32 pm)
Wonder how many shots were fired, and if any bystanders were hit?  Maybe everyone got lucky and no one hit anything.

From the linked article:

They did not fire at each other, he said, but into the air.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2013, 3:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm still trying to get my head around this statement in the OP:

They sound like several who post here!

What does that mean?
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2013, 4:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What does it mean to you?

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 06 2013, 6:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Sep. 05 2013, 4:43 pm)
What does it mean to you?

Hard to say, but you appear to be suggesting that members of this forum are known by you to be irresponsible gun owners and anything but "safe and sane" with their guns.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 06 2013, 11:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

'Nuff said.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 07 2013, 3:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Sep. 06 2013, 11:28 pm)
'Nuff said.

OK.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 07 2013, 8:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The only person I have heard touting the value of a negligent discharge of a firearm is Joe Biden.....does he post here???

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 5:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Sep. 07 2013, 8:54 am)
The only person I have heard touting the value of a negligent discharge of a firearm is Joe Biden.....does he post here???

Does Uncle Joe post here? Last  I heard, not so much.

Although there do seem to be plenty of folks who post here who slavishly defended his immensely stupid (and in many jurisdictions totally illegal) suggestion on how to ward off an intruder.
18 replies since Sep. 01 2013, 7:57 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Safety Through More Guns
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions