2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The Apocalypse?, I believe so.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 12:29 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@SenJohnMcCain
"@SenJohnMcCain: Scandal! Caught playing iPhone game at 3+ hour Senate hearing - worst of all I lost!"
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 12:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Okay, FAR less amusing:

Sen. McCain caught playing iPhone poker game during Senate hearing on Syria

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politic....tYqWTg1
 Post Number: 3
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 1:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Trying to learn how to bluff effectively.

He needs the practice, give him a break.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 4
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 2:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Apocalypse or a poker lapse ?
 Post Number: 5
GlenG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 2:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wonder if I'd still have a job after an incident like that?  Kinda one of the deeper issues as of late, don't you think?....I might still retain my job, but I'd get bumped up to the top of the layoff list just like that, if not fired on the spot.

Sickening and nauseating.....worse part is that I bet that he doesn't ever feel the slightest bit of remorse or probably doesn't even see it a being wrong.  The inmates are truly running the institution.  Be afraid, be very afraid.
 Post Number: 6
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 5:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey, warmongering is tough work.  

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran...
 Post Number: 7
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 5:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I testified about a bill in the last session the MD House of Delegates.  Thousands of us showed up in opposition.  The Chairman of the Committee spent most of his time looking down, but we didn't know why until the next day.  Someone in the galleries behind him got a picture of him, playing chess on his Ipad the whole time...

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 8
Ron. Search for posts by this member.
don't surround yourself with your self

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 11:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

McCain has already made his mind up.

Has he ever voted against a military action?

--------------
And be kind toward one another
 Post Number: 9
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 11:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

a 3 hour hearing....I have done much worse on conference calls :-)

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 10
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 11:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

McCain has an iPhone?
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 3:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Sep. 04 2013, 8:59 am)
McCain has an iPhone?

Yes and he complains to Tim Cook about the constant app updating he's subjected to in Congressional hearings.

(Sadly enough the new iOS7 is offering automatic background app updating: tragic pandering to the government if you ask me: Steve wouldn't have caved like that!)
 Post Number: 12
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 3:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Sep. 04 2013, 8:41 am)
a 3 hour hearing....I have done much worse on conference calls :-)

I'm sure you have.
But nobody has ever suggested you should've been President.  (except possibly your mom)
 Post Number: 13
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 6:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Franco @ Sep. 04 2013, 1:38 am)
Apocalypse or a poker lapse ?

Poker.

He doesnt understand Angry Birds.

:reckd:

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 14
Ron. Search for posts by this member.
don't surround yourself with your self

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2013, 7:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He needs an iPhone to keep in touch with the DNC :D

--------------
And be kind toward one another
 Post Number: 15
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2013, 2:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Face it, there's nothing McCain can do to influence Obama's decision, either way.  And in the end it's Obama's decision and NO ONE else's.  Of course Obama is going to try to deflect that fact and claim it is a "world decision" or an "international community" decision, or even a "congressional" decision.  But it's his decision and his alone.  And clearly he's exceedingly uncomfortable with that decision.  Speechifying and leading are  two very different things.  He's good at the former, but seems to be seriously lacking in the latter.

Obama drew the red line in August of 2012.  He's since had over a year to decide exactly what to do in the event Assad crossed that line and had a year to assemble a coalition that would act in the event Assad crossed the line.  Apparently he was bluffing last year, because now that the moment has arrived all he's doing is posturing, delaying, and deflecting.   Apparently Assad figured Obama was bluffing a year ago.  What is certain is that by the CIA's reckoning, Assad has clearly decided to call Obama's bluff.  If, as Obama claims. US credibility and prestige are at stake, Obama's inaction and now his deflection has seriously degraded both.
 Post Number: 16
Makio Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 06 2013, 7:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It isn't Obama's choice primarily. Congress has to give the thumbs up or thumbs down, but I don't see McCain giving the thumbs down anyway. The guy already said he wanted to invade these areas when he was running for president.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 06 2013, 7:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Makio @ Sep. 06 2013, 4:39 pm)
It isn't Obama's choice primarily. Congress has to give the thumbs up or thumbs down, but I don't see McCain giving the thumbs down anyway. The guy already said he wanted to invade these areas when he was running for president.

So he'd vote "no" for something short of invasion or long term military strikes as consistent with his go big approach.
 Post Number: 18
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 07 2013, 6:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Makio @ Sep. 06 2013, 7:39 pm)
It isn't Obama's choice primarily. Congress has to give the thumbs up or thumbs down,

NO.  THEY.  DON'T.

The president has the power and authority to take military action as he sees fit without prior Congressional approval.  Congress cannot grant nor deny the president that power because the constitution has already given that power to the president.  The ball is in Obama's court and he's clearly uncomfortable with it and trying desperately to hand it off.

And yeah, I get that that was a mixed metaphor.  But it works.
17 replies since Sep. 04 2013, 12:29 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The Apocalypse?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions