2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: While normal people watch football< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
TDale Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 14 2013, 7:32 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

...on Saturday, there's a liberal circlejerk going on in TPA.

Y'all enjoying yourselves?

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 14 2013, 7:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You've been particularly condescending lately T - not enough fiber in your diet?
 Post Number: 3
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 14 2013, 8:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.aans.org/en....ry.aspx
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 14 2013, 8:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I did watch the Vuelta A Espana today, would that count as "normal"?
Horner is kicking some Euro @ss - but I'm sure you already knew being a sports fan and all, T.
 Post Number: 5
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 14 2013, 8:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Americas Cup here. New Zealand came this close to having their boat go over when their sail didn't rotate on a turn.

Hey The Vuelta! Horner's doing okay for an old guy eh?

Nice to see Euskadi being rescued. Always fun to see the orange racing livery.
 Post Number: 6
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 14 2013, 8:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes I am. And at the same time watching the Liberal intellectual University of Oregon beat the living dogcrap out the the southern bigoted University of Tennessee.

Happy Saturday!

Thanks a lot for your concern Tdumbass.

your subjective opinion about 'normal' people.... is just that.
 Post Number: 7
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 1:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

TDale's just crabby because he can't afford to pay his dues at the 1% club. Nothing like the sense of entitlement of the sometimes rich.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 8
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 9:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

TDale has become "JimmyC Lite". Nothing to see here, move along. This guy just wants to inject noise into the system. One wonders if both carry noisemakers with them to rattle when others attempt to communicate...And, yes, there is "drain bamage" here, even if it's only a mild case of the "Please pay attention to me!" mass killer kind.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 2:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Sep. 14 2013, 7:55 pm)
You've been particularly condescending lately T - not enough fiber in your diet?

I'm just tryin to fit in.

It seems that if you can't insult someone, you don't fit in here.

So, PO.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 3:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I note your "growing combativeness", TDale. You are angry about something.

My original contention was that simply posting a link with no comment is "trolling", and I stand behind that. If you actually give a damn about any of it, you'd take a position. You're just trying to stir up trouble and "get a response" - are you really that desperate?

Sometimes insults are not deserved. In your case - esp. lately - I don't think you could say you haven't generated the response yourself. If you're really that troubled, get help. Professional help.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 3:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gabby, GFY.

I couldn't care less about your opinion.

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 3:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Sep. 15 2013, 11:23 am)

(hbfa @ Sep. 14 2013, 7:55 pm)

I'm just tryin to fit in.

It seems that if you can't insult someone, you don't fit in here.

So, PO.

Okay, so I'll buy you BRAN muffin.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 3:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Sep. 15 2013, 2:13 pm)
Gabby, GFY.

I couldn't care less about your opinion.

That's certainly clear.

Doesn't help your anger, however.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 3:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You confuse boredom with anger.  I'm bored.  Otherwise, your stupidity wouldn't interest me.

--------------
 Post Number: 15
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 4:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

TDale, you obviously are not normal. Otherwise, you'd be watching football on Sunday  :laugh:

(BTW, I just finished watching the Chicago Bears win another come-from-behind 4th quarter victory)

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 8:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Pro ball bores me.  They just don't care.

--------------
 Post Number: 17
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 9:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was doing something stupid like doing a day hike.

Besides college football sucks.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 18
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 9:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

LOL

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 10:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Raznation @ Sep. 15 2013, 9:43 pm)
I was doing something stupid like doing a day hike.

Besides college football sucks.

You post that like I care.

--------------
 Post Number: 20
mtnsteve Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 10:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Unlike some on the right I can do two things at once, watch football on one monitor and make political observations on another....

On that note, the Seahawks fans must be guided by the Republican strategy of... if you can't win fair and square, tilt the playing field in your favor :p

--------------
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 21
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2013, 11:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Glad I don't have the kind of free time Dale has but if I did, I'd hike every day. Not watch fat guys grope each other.
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 16 2013, 12:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Sep. 15 2013, 5:25 pm)

Commie!
 Post Number: 23
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 16 2013, 4:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Gabby @ Sep. 15 2013, 9:00 am)
TDale has become "JimmyC Lite". Nothing to see here, move along. This guy just wants to inject noise into the system. One wonders if both carry noisemakers with them to rattle when others attempt to communicate...And, yes, there is "drain bamage" here, even if it's only a mild case of the "Please pay attention to me!" mass killer kind.

"JimmyC Lite".

Gabby.........did you enjoy your JimmyC Lite?  :laugh:

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 24
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 16 2013, 4:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Sep. 15 2013, 11:53 pm)
Glad I don't have the kind of free time Dale has but if I did, I'd hike every day. Not watch fat guys grope each other.

HG, I didn't know you were a vanpire...................no mirrors. :;):

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 25
mtnsteve Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 16 2013, 10:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, there's that noise again, I swear that's a fart.
Kinda stinks too.

--------------
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 26
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 16 2013, 11:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Sep. 15 2013, 3:40 pm)
You confuse boredom with anger.  I'm bored.  

Really?  You're bored so you amuse yourself by insulting people.  I remember that from the bullies in the 3rd grade.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 27
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 16 2013, 11:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 28
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 16 2013, 12:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Sep. 15 2013, 8:25 pm)

+1

Pro ball is OK. But the college game is much, much more interesting.

Anyone see Wisconsin get jobbed by some really bad officiating?

Any my Northwestern Wildcats are showing that even smart, nerdy kids can play ball, even without getting paid. Keep an eye on them in the B1G.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 16 2013, 12:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Sep. 16 2013, 11:09 am)

(TDale @ Sep. 15 2013, 3:40 pm)
You confuse boredom with anger.  I'm bored.  

Really?  You're bored so you amuse yourself by insulting people.  I remember that from the bullies in the 3rd grade.

Jer, I make an effort to not insult anyone undeserving.

--------------
 Post Number: 30
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 16 2013, 12:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Uh, HJ, check his post again.

He was saying that college ball IS pro ball, and that it is as boring as other pro ball.

Just say'n.

Was a very funny comment though, to some of us.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
38 replies since Sep. 14 2013, 7:32 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply While normal people watch football
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions