2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Crazy Woman Attacks Capital Police, Rams Barricades and Shoots Police< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Bass Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 4:46 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Another senseless mass shooting - this time near the White House.

At least one policeman has been flown to the hospital, a lot of shots fired, and the crazy woman killed.

From the news reports and sounds of all the gunshots, the woman was probably using an AR-15.

It is time for the US to address the mental health issue and ban guns!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
jcb Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 4:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

wasnt a mass shooting. dont know the cause. only scary thing is she supposedly had a kid in the car with her.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children.
 Post Number: 3
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 4:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wait for more info to come out.  "Initial reports" have proven dubious at best about such matters.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 4:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Was she being chased by cafe motorcycles?

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 5
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 5:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ Oct. 03 2013, 4:46 pm)

At least one policeman has been flown to the hospital, a lot of shots fired, and the crazy woman killed.

From the news reports and sounds of all the gunshots, the woman was probably using an AR-15.

It is time for the US to address guns and ban mental health!....................through Obamacare.

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 6
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 5:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.cnn.com/2013....ex.html

"The chase began when the woman driving a black sedan got involved in some kind of verbal altercation with officers at a security checkpoint a block from the White House, the intelligence source said.
As police cars arrived at the scene, the vehicle sped away and led police on a wild chase that included running red lights, according to the source.
When the vehicle approached the area of the Capitol building more than a mile away, several squad cars stopped it and officer "came out with their guns drawn," said Frank Schwing, a D.C. resident who witnessed what happened.
The armed officers tried to open the passenger side door, he said.
"At that point, the driver slammed into reverse, slammed into a cruiser, did a 180 (degree turn), took off, and at that point, there were a half dozen or so shots fired," Schwing told CNN, apparently all by small arms from police.
The black vehicle then crashed into security barriers closer to the Capitol building, said police and witnesses."

To the extent that description holds up you've got tragically standard road rage taking a fatal turn.  People in cars often think they're invincible, well, they are not.
 Post Number: 7
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 5:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One of the promising things about Obamacare is that the insurance provided has to cover mental health treatment.

Could go some way to begin bringing us back to national sanity and prevent untreated psychotic people from running amok in public.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 8
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 6:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There was no mass shooting.

The cnn article is relatively close, but early reports do not indicate that officers fired at the vehicle until it was stopped a second time when the driver tried to run over another officer.

A USCP officer was cut out of his cruiser when it struck a vehicle barrier.  He is reported to be talking and moving.

The subject is dead.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 9
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 6:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Oct. 03 2013, 4:51 pm)
<What HSF posted>

This is pretty much what I figured.

Try to avoid arguing with the police. If you do, keep your hands away from your person and move slowly. Stay calm, and talk in a low, calm voice, however angry you may be.

I figured, after the dust cleared (and it hasn't really, even yet), we'd all find that it was only police weapons that were fired.

------------------------------------
A Story

Once upon a time, there was a news story I heard coming home from work in Dallas (I think the incident took place in Plano) in which an Asian woman was dropping off her child at a local school.

This woman watched far too much cable news TV (apparently), and was extremely nervous about "violent altercations". From reports of the incident, she apparently had fashioned an entire suit from flattened cans, like a sort of "chain mail" garment, and was wearing it when this happened.

So, anyway, she drops off her child, but forgot to give the child his/her lunch bag. So, she drove back to the school, parked the vehicle and furtively entered the school building with the lunch bag. A security person apparently tried to stop her to ask what she was doing, so she dropped the bag, turned and ran, then drove off rapidly. The police were summoned, chased her, and ultimately shot her to death (as I recall), and it turned out she was merely very "skittish".

Sad, but true. I have no idea what happened today, but I suspect something vaguely similar.
 Post Number: 10
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 6:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for an update from reality!

Any word on the little girl who was in the car??

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 6:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I missed the 6pm press conference but word appears to be that a 1 year old girl was safely recovered.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Post Number: 12
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 6:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Most importantly, you are alright, Jim. I found out about the situation as it was unfolding and first thought of you and your safety.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 6:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I continued my bizarre streak of being off when the fecal matter hits the air circulation device.

--------------

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Post Number: 14
Hiker01 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 6:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mass shooting ???   Maybe she was perfectly sane and was upset that she couldn't sign up for Obamacare when she logged on.
 Post Number: 15
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 7:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No.  We need to address the mental health issue and ban keyboards.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 16
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 8:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hiker01 @ Oct. 03 2013, 3:58 pm)

Mass shooting ???   Maybe she was perfectly sane and was upset that she couldn't sign up for Obamacare when she logged on.

More tragically she was following her GPS that told her she had to drive straight down Pennsylvania Ave. that's been closed off since 9/11 and after fighting DC traffic and street "Patterns" all afternoon just didn't have much left and when faced with a security blockade versus her insistent voiced GPS she just lost it.

Stranger things.
 Post Number: 17
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 8:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Republican congressman Timothy Griffin(and Karl Rove protege) essentially blames Democrats(at least implies
they are to blame) for the shooting

http://ktemnews.com/congres....hooting

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/359581

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 8:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Oct. 03 2013, 8:18 pm)
Republican congressman Timothy Griffin(and Karl Rove protege) essentially blames Democrats(at least implies
they are to blame) for the shooting

http://ktemnews.com/congres....hooting

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/359581

If he has than he's in idiot.  Give it time DTM democrats will start blaming Republicans.
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 8:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"If  he has than he's in idiot."

So you think he might not have said that or at the very least might not have implied it?

IF so why did Griffin delete the tweets?

--------------
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 8:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can't win with you.  Tweet was in poor taste, obviously.
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 8:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hiker01 said

"Give it time DTM democrats will start blaming Republicans."

Democratic politicians will start blaming Republicans for the shooting?

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 8:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hiker01 @ Oct. 03 2013, 8:39 pm)

what does that mean?

but if it was in poor taste doesn't that imply that the Griffin did in fact blame Democrats or
at least the very least imply that was his intention?

and if that is the case then there would be no need to start your sentence with "If  he has"
since he did

--------------
 Post Number: 23
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 10:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hiker01 @ Oct. 03 2013, 8:39 pm)

No, you can't.   Either bow to the Dennis or STFU.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 11:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

well thats funny Tdale because you once told me STFU simply because I gave a response to one of your website links

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 1:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh no, my goodness sake, what are we to do now?
A black woman with an AK shootin' in DC, how can this be handled?

http://www.chron.com/news....id=hpbn

Ya know folks, she could be Obama's daughter. Oh well.......................

--------------

Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 1:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gee I wonder why JimmyC felt compelled to show her face and to mention her race

Gee I wonder why JimmyC would do that?

Gee I wonder why?

Oh and she was unarmed so I don't know what this "AK shootin" refers to

--------------
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 1:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Oct. 04 2013, 1:31 am)
Gee I wonder why JimmyC felt compelled to show her face and to mention her race

Gee I wonder why JimmyC would do that?

Gee I wonder why?

Oh and she was unarmed to I don't know what this "AK shootin" refers to

Just sayin'.......................

--------------

Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 1:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

and you said it for what reason?

for reasons that are probably very consistent with your posting history I would think

--------------
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 1:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Oct. 04 2013, 1:35 am)
and you said it for what reason?

for reasons that are probably very consistent with your posting history I would think

Just like you and others..................................cool huh?

--------------

Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 1:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

well except that I don't think my posting history would lend itself to anyone concluding I would play the
race card("race card" in this case is probably the most diplomatic description) like you did above.

--------------
61 replies since Oct. 03 2013, 4:46 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Crazy Woman Attacks Capital Police
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions