2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Cynical Kentucky Republican senators caught on, tape thinking no one was listening< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 8:19 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So just like this example shows who is being cynical we have another example where the two
Kentucky Republican Senators, Ron Paul and Mitch McConnel, showing what they are really thinking
about when it comes to the shutdown

PAUL: I just did CNN, and I just go over and over again: "We're willing to compromise! We're willing
to negotiate.!" I don't think they poll tested "we won't negotiate." I think it's awful for [Democrats]
to say that over and over again.

MCCONNELL: Yeah, I do too and I, and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them and that, and
that was basically the same view privately as it was publicly.

PAUL: I think if we keep saying, "We wanted to defund it. We fought for that and that we're willing to
compromise on this," I think they can't, we're gonna, I think... well, I know we don't want to be here,
but we're gonna win this, I think.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013....nd.html

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 9:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey, buddy.  We have you in your own words on record.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 9:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

and your point and how it relate to the OP?

or is there a point other than making an ass out of yourself as usual?

--------------
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 9:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Frankly, I believe you're becoming a threat to national security.  You're exhibiting dangerous proclivities.  May should be reported.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 9:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why and how does this relate to the OP?

or maybe you want to continue making an ass out of yourself with nonstop irrelevant inanity?

--------------
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 9:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think I get it

Tdale doesn't like what the OP is about because it makes the people he votes for
look petty and crass but he can't defend it so the next best thing is to
derail any discussion about the kind of petty cynical politics his party
engages in time and time again.

here comes the "both sides do it" platitude.

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 10:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think TDale's posts in this forum (especially recently) are, whether he realizes it or not, a cry for help.

He's smart enough to see how completely his rightwing talking points have been debunked (like the cancer thread) but he's still desperately clinging to it through sheer denial. Extremely difficult to admit he's been played for a fool by the rightwing noise machine, so all he has left is some increasingly pathetic snark in the guise of comedy.

It's all he's got left, but he can't turn away from this forum. Deep in his subconscious is a rational mind screaming to get out, and what we're seeing here is the internal struggle going on inside TDale.

I charge the same rate as Lucy: five cents, please.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2013, 10:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here's your nickle.

Better to direct the conversation to my mental state than yours.

You're losing.  And you're losing the American people.  That mean's losing the next election.  And that mean's losing obstructive ability to the revolution against your idiotic policies.

Suck on that.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 5:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I see you're still trapped in the rightwing bubble, which is the only place the fantasy you just expressed looks like reality. Hopefully your rational mind will ultimately break out of that bubble. The key is to gain control of your emotions, set aside the bitterness and the bias, and apply critical thought to factual evidence.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 10
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 6:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Oct. 03 2013, 10:23 pm)
You're losing.  And you're losing the American people.  That mean's losing the next election.  And that mean's losing obstructive ability to the revolution against your idiotic policies.

If you are talking about the very next election, which senators will be unseated to enable the R's to take the senate?  How will they get around a D senate filibuster?  How will they get around a Veto?  

If you are referring to the next Presidential election, I'd like to hear just which electoral votes you think will be lost.  How will the Republican candidate get to 270?  I think it would take a reversal of 4 states, Va, Oh, Pa, and Fl, and I am not seeing that happen.  2 maybe, 3 possibly, 4 highly unlikely.  I see no other path for a R victory, and certainly not if Rand, Ryan, or Christie is the candidate against Hillary.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 11
isawtman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 8:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The only way the Republicans are winning anything is because they are gerrymandering their districts.  Take a look at Wisconsin.  Obama won the Presidential vote and Tammy Baldwin won the US Senate vote by large margins but yet the Republicans still won the State Senate and Assembly.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 12
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 11:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Oct. 03 2013, 7:23 pm)
Here's your nickle.

Better to direct the conversation to my mental state than yours.

Suck on that.

Careful with the unnecessary apostrophes...if TDale sees that, he'll call you on it.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 11:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tdale said.

"That mean's losing the next election."

Well your party(the R's) will have a better chance in 2014 but that isn't because their policies are better
but because its non-presidential election which means lower turnout(your party does better the lower the
turnout there is).  So combine the lower turnout with massive  gerrymandering that favors republican and
probably some voter suppression in there and your stinking despicable contemptible party just may win

--------------
 Post Number: 14
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 12:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No, TD, the current debacle is what will guarantee that Democrats will be winning in 2014 and 2016.  

A very large majority of Americans clearly sees that the Shutdown has been caused by the Republicans, and that majority seems to be growing as the effects take place.  

Faux News is not able to counteract the weight of evidence against the Tea Party position, and they are steadily losing viewership, no matter how loud they yell.

This is going to be a huge fail for the GOP, maybe their death knell as a national party.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2013, 1:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And here is how it is currently working out for the Tea Hat extremists and their grand strategy to cripple the nation:

Americans don’t like shutting down the government.  Even Americans who don’t like Obamacare don’t like shutting down the government,” says Brown.

Brown’s latest poll found that 72 percent of Americans oppose the government shutdown and a growing number put most of the blame on Republicans in Congress.

“Politics is a zero-sum game.  If it’s good for one side, it’s bad for the other, and right now it’s bad for the Republicans and good for the Democrats,” says Brown.

But Brown and other analysts see a deeper, more troubling impact of the political dysfunction in Washington.

Americans seem to be losing faith in the ability of the political parties and the government to function, says analyst Charlie Cook.

http://www.voanews.com/content....03.html

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 16
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2013, 3:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Oct. 03 2013, 8:19 pm)

PAUL: I just did CNN, and I just go over and over again: "We're willing to compromise! We're willing
to negotiate.!" I don't think they poll tested "we won't negotiate." I think it's awful for [Democrats]

MCCONNELL: Yeah, I do too and I, and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them and that, and

PAUL: I think if we keep saying, "We wanted to defund it. We fought for that and that we're willing to
compromise on this," I think they can't, we're gonna, I think... well, I know we don't want to be here,

So what's the big evil problem with these quotes?  And what about them is "cynical"?
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2013, 4:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I could try and explain to Kenv with pages and pages of responses but I think everyone understands that either Kenv
wouldn't understand it(as simple as it is to understand) or he would pretend not to understand it.

--------------
 Post Number: 18
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2013, 4:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Oct. 05 2013, 4:13 am)
I could try and explain to Kenv with pages and pages of responses but I think everyone understands that either Kenv
wouldn't understand it(as simple as it is to understand) or he would pretend not to understand it.

Nice dodge.  Well played.
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2013, 4:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yep

Too dense to understand even the most simple and obvious

--------------
 Post Number: 20
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2013, 10:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KenV @ Oct. 05 2013, 3:41 am)

(Dennis The Menace @ Oct. 03 2013, 8:19 pm)

So what's the big evil problem with these quotes?  And what about them is "cynical"?

Ken you claim English is your third language. What are the first two?
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2013, 11:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Didn't he say that Mormon is #1, you know, the straight stuff from Joseph Smith and the bushes.

LOL

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 22
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2013, 12:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm just trying to figure out what country a Mormon named Ken who apparently retired from the American military might have originated from.
 Post Number: 23
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 09 2013, 1:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't ya just love when people like Tdummie make political election predictions.

Worked so well for Karl Rove and Romney eh?

Either the can't read polls or they only read the ones that agree with them.
 Post Number: 24
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 09 2013, 1:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

TDale, why don't you save yourself a lot of trouble and turn in your crystal ball for a real day job, K?
 Post Number: 25
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 09 2013, 7:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You may be assured that Harry Reid, Nancy P, and fill in the Democrat of your choice are having similar conversations, they just didn't get unlucky enough to get caught on a hot mike.
Politics, like sports, is about winning. Would you think that they are doing what they are doing in order to lose, regardless of what you think of their actions and positions?

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 09 2013, 7:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, their heartfelt desire to win seems to be widely divorced from their strategic actions.

They continue to lose in spectacular fashion, and next week is going to be an historical debacle for the Republican Party.  

Maybe that was the "last days" that Bachman was blathering about??  LOL

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
25 replies since Oct. 03 2013, 8:19 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Cynical Kentucky Republican senators caught on
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions