2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: fracturing within GOP and between GOP and, Tea Party< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 12:54 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A lot of information coming out about this recently and good example of this is
the following from Glenn Beck(this from Glenn Beck so take it for what its worth
but at the very least it shows animosity of a major pro tea bagger pundit, Glenn
Beck, and the Republican establishment)

Glenn Beck has grown steadily more frustrated with establishment Republicans unwilling to stand for conservative
values, and on Tuesday he revealed yet another reason to be outraged. Beck said he was informed by an anonymous
source that during a closed-door meeting, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell insinuated that anyone working
with the Senate Conservatives Fund or FreedomWorks is basically a “traitor” to the GOP.

Beck made it clear that McConnell did not actually use the word “traitor,” “but that’s what everybody heard.”
McConnell also reportedly said that these two groups in particular are “trying to destroy the Republican party,”
and Beck brought up the words of another Republican senator who he has so far not been able to identify. This is
a rough idea of what this second senator said, according to Beck.

“FreedomWorks and the Senate Conservatives Fund worked hard to unseat me, and I want you to be very clear on this.
 If any of you take a dollar from either   FreedomWorks or the Senate Conservatives Fund, you’re an enemy of mine.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online....raitors

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 1:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

more on this

The struggle has exposed a rift between the party’s confrontational, populist, tea party wing and its
traditional  business and establishment wing. These tensions reflect fundamental questions about the
direction of a party whose  rightward shift over the past decade has helped intensify the political
conflict and changed the calculus of governance generally.

The conservative movement is not deeply divided over philosophy and policy. Obamacare is unpopular
across the  spectrum of conservatism, and the president is distrusted by many conservatives who do
not consider themselves tea  party followers. Overall, virtually all elements of the Republican
coalition are more conservative and more hostile to the government than they were in the past.

But Republicans are divided about whether to be a party of “no” or a party that can fashion a more
positive vision  for conservative governance. The shutdown has brought these differences into even
sharper focus. But if there is an obvious resolution, party leaders haven’t found it.

Tea party activists view compromise as capitulation to policies destroying the country and to a
president they despise.  Mainstream conservatives don’t particularly trust the president either, and
oppose much of his agenda. But they question  the tactics of the tea party wing, particularly in the
shutdown battle. They recognize the inherent risks of being  defined by their most hard-line faction.
The unease of many Republican governors and other conservatives about the course  the House pursued
reflects this tension.

However, the perceived power of the tea party — and of those who help fund its members and threaten
primary challenges  to those who do not hew to the line — continues to make more traditional conservatives
wary of staking out positions  that are overtly critical of those forces.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politic....ry.html

--------------
 Post Number: 3
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 8:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's probably true.  The Republicans seem to have lost their conservative principles and keep running liberals like McCain and Romney.

I sure hope the tea party can hold the line.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 4
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 9:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Seems likely. It appears the GOP is splitting into two groups:

1) Neo-con, war mongering, spend and don't tax, morality police who look at 1984 as a guide book

2) Tea party, get the government out of everything except enforcing our beliefs, don't tax and divert all spending to the military

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 5
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 9:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Oct. 11 2013, 8:32 am)
The Republicans seem to have lost their conservative principles and keep running liberals like McCain and Romney.

No... that's who keeps winning Republican primaries. Obviously, that's the type of candidate that a plurality of Republicans feel best represents their interests. Those interests being "beating the Democratic candidate".

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 11:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's probably true.  The Republicans seem to have lost their conservative principles and keep running liberals like McCain and Romney.

I sure hope the tea party can hold the line.

and slinger people like you are why the Republican party is splitting when you call people like McCain and Romney
liberals. No one really knows what ideology defines Romney since he is all over the map but its truly laughable
to call McCain a liberal. McCain was ranked, with a number of other Republicans, as the most conservative senator
for 2010 by the National Journal(not liberal publication)

Fact the days of McCain even being the moderately conservative haven't been true for a long time and since Mccain
started to run for president in 2007 he ran hard to the right

So you're a perfect example of what is happening to the GOP which makes people like me happy because people
like you will make it just about impossible for the GOP to win presidential elections. THe only thing people
like you can count on are massive gerrymandering, voter suppression, campaign finance laws continuing
deteriorate because of court decisions and hope that the right-wing entertainment complex gets bigger and bigger
hoping it indoctrinates as many people as possible

--------------
 Post Number: 7
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 11:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Oct. 11 2013, 11:38 am)
So you're a perfect example of what is happening to the GOP which makes people like me happy because people
like you will make it just about impossible for the GOP to win presidential elections. THe only thing people
like you can count on are massive gerrymandering, voter suppression, campaign finance laws continuing
deteriorate because of court decisions and hope that the right-wing entertainment complex gets bigger and bigger
hoping it indoctrinates as many people as possible

+1.  DtM nailed it.  When you can win working within the system, then manipulate the system.  That's exactly what's a happening in the House of Representatives right now.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 11:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Oct. 11 2013, 9:11 am)

The Republicans seem to have lost their conservative principles and keep running liberals like McCain and Romney.

No... that's who keeps winning Republican primaries. Obviously, that's the type of candidate that a plurality of Republicans feel best represents their interests. Those interests being "beating the Democratic candidate".

Well only when it comes to who the GOP picks for president but certainly not for who they pick in congress where
the primaries have been hardcore right-wing central.  I hope in 2016 the GOP actually does pick someone like Cruz.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 11:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hilarious how they just don't get it. And why and world do conservatives think McCain/Romney type people get nominated from their party?

American neo-conservative ideology is bankrupt of ideas in a diverse and complex world.

Most of the reasonable American voters like moderation. That's why Libertarians and Green Partiers never win national elections.

And that's why ultra conservative Republicans are where they are today. Scrambling for identity and to stay relevant.
8 replies since Oct. 11 2013, 12:54 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply fracturing within GOP and between GOP and
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions