2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: A woman's right to choose, Between a boy and a girl< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 6:32 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just keep killing them until you get the one you want

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm....he-west

kinda sad

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 8:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Neither case cited in the article is in the US.  Since the Right to Choose is such a hot button issue, only in the US, you are being deceptive with the title and then linking to an international event.  Australia has no problem with a couple choosing the sex of any child they bring into the world.  Why should you care about what happens there?  Mostly, I think you are just trolling.

If you wanted to start a true dialogue about other countries' laws an views on matters, why not do so?  Just start something like Abortion laws of the World.  or Gun Laws of other countries.  Be honest in your discussions.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 3
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 9:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's not choosing the sex, it's aborting the girls.

I would be easier if they waited until they were born, then just drown them like they do in China.

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/core9/phalsall/texts/c-wnhol.html
 Post Number: 4
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 2:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

First child was due.

I wanted a boy, but lied: "I don't care, as long as it is healthy".

Girl.

Held her.  

First thought: "Must have been crazy to want a boy."

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 5
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 2:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The cure for one kind of misogyny (sex-selective abortion) is not a different kind of misogyny (restricting reproductive rights). The cure is a society in which there is no advantage to having male children over female children.

Seems kind of obvious to me, but the forced-childbirth lobby apparently doesn't get it.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 2:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There are lots of practices in other countries that I might wish were not so.  Other cultures place a premium on sons caring for their parents in old age.  I can see the desire for sons over daughters in that case, but eventually someone will figure out the women of marriageable age are a premium.  No society lasts long with no children at all.

I just don't get the uproar in the US over abortion, much less in abortion in other countries.  It can't be those Christian babies you are all concerned about in China.

How about we deal with our own problems before we get bent over some other culture doing what they think is best.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 7
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 2:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Y'all keep killing yourselves off.  In the end there will only be people respectful of life.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 8
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2013, 5:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah TD, like those people who want to ban a woman's right to choose, but have no qualms about sending other peoples kids off to die in some foreign conflict somewhere.

I am convinced that every conservative who is against abortion rights for women, is only so because they see the probability of a brain washed soldier down the line.

Or a Pastor.
 Post Number: 9
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2013, 1:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Naw, TD, the right wingers are only concerned about a babies life before it is born, they are on their own after birth.  No need to provide food, health care and protection from abuse, that stuff requires more taxes!

The examples are glaringly clear during the current Shutstorm.  There are no bills by the Republicans to fund food programs for the poor, with are largely for children, no emergency funding for NIH programs for dying patients, many of whom are children.

BUT, instant emergency funding for the families of dead soldiers, and not for needy, sick veterans, and for military pay, but not for the rest of the Federal workforce who need their wages even more than the military does.

Pretty clear where the priorities are, neh?

What a country!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 10
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2013, 6:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thank goodness JimmyC has saved the future...............3 JimmyC boys bouncing around! :p

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 11
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2013, 6:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Oct. 11 2013, 8:03 am)
Mostly, I think you are just trolling.

BillBab trolling?   Surely you jest.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2013, 8:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't call me Shirley!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 13
yosemite girl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 16 2013, 6:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You know, I was excited thinking that the ability to sex-select during IVF had become more affordable, or mainstream, or something.

Not so much. Is this ethical? No. Legal? Probably. Never the twain shall meet, eh?

--------------
...there's just something about him.

Something around the eyes...I don't know...reminds me of...me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
 Post Number: 14
burntfoot Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 19 2013, 7:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In India, both abortion and sex-determination of a fetus are illegal.  BIG problem over there, as families want sons for inheritance and workers in the family business (or on the farm), and don't want daughters because of the expensive dowrys.  In a couple of the states, the ratio of boys to girls is still 70 percent.

--------------
I love the mountains!
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 19 2013, 11:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Which leads to demographic disaster down the road.  Much like China is facing.

Biology is a tough taskmaster, and cannot be avoided.

Should be some historically impressive levels of homsexuality in those societies when all those males reach puberty, neh?

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 16
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 21 2013, 4:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

India - Kama Sutra..........duh.

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
15 replies since Oct. 11 2013, 6:32 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply A woman's right to choose
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions