2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hanity caught lying about Obamacare< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 11:53 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Unbelievable. This guy is despicable-facts can be checked moron! The propaganda from these people is no different from the NAZI's.

http://www.salon.com/2013....twitter
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 11:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OOOPS sorry folks, didn't see this already posted below. My bad.
 Post Number: 3
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 12:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some things bear repeating.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 4
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 12:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The motto at Faux News:
Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story
 Post Number: 5
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 12:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

At least Hannity is a paid, professional liar. What were those civilian's excuse?
 Post Number: 6
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 12:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(tamarac @ Oct. 22 2013, 11:53 am)
Unbelievable. This guy is despicable-facts can be checked moron! The propaganda from these people is no different from the NAZI's.

It's the Nazi's against the Commies's..........................

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 1:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimmyC @ Oct. 22 2013, 9:58 am)

Yeah, it's all fun and games except for that fact that so many out there actually believe what Faux News reports.

There will always be the Hannitys trying to sell snake oil - but it's the buyers that are the bigger concern.
 Post Number: 8
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 1:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Oct. 22 2013, 1:06 pm)

Yeah, it's all fun and games except for that fact that so many out there actually believe what Faux News reports.

There will always be the Hannitys trying to sell snake oil - but it's the buyers that are the bigger concern.

Just replace Hannity with anyone over there. I feel just the same about CNN, now what?

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 9
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 1:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimmyC @ Oct. 22 2013, 11:24 am)
Just replace Hannity with anyone over there. I feel just the same about CNN, now what?

Do you have any specific examples of equivalent stories (ones you felt were lies or complete fabrications) from CNN?  I'm genuinely curious.

Here's a link to get ya started.  CNN.com

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 2:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimmyC @ Oct. 22 2013, 10:24 am)

(hbfa @ Oct. 22 2013, 1:06 pm)

Jeremiah 5:21
 Post Number: 11
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 3:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimmyC @ Oct. 22 2013, 10:24 am)

Your feelings about CNN have no bearing whatsoever on the factual accuracy (or inaccuracy) of the news they present. That's a matter for objective verification, not knee-jerk subjectivity.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
 Post Number: 12
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 3:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jon Stewart manages to trash both of them, with better political insights than any real news program on the cableverse.

I am guessing that The Onion is really glad Shutstorm is over, the Republicans were stealing all their good material.   :p

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 4:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GoBlueHiker @ Oct. 22 2013, 11:35 am)

Do you have any specific examples of equivalent stories (ones you felt were lies or complete fabrications) from CNN?  I'm genuinely curious.

Nothing?  I kinda figured you wouldn't have much.

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 14
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 5:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maddow and Hanity have an issue with facts.  Both could look at the exact same picture of one blackman at a tea party rally.  Hanity would claim that proves the majority of blacks support the tea party.  Maddow would claim it proves the tea party is made up of slave owners who bring their slaves to rallies.
 Post Number: 15
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2013, 6:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

nogods

To compare Maddow with Hannity really does show you don't have a clue. If you want someone on the left
that is closer to the mirror image of Hannity it would be someone like Mike Malloy or maybe to a lesser
extent Ed shultz.  Comparing Maddow with Hannity is really an asinine comparison and an ignorant false
equivalence. Its even more .asinine to suggest  that Maddow would make a statement such as "Maddow
would claim it proves  the tea party is made up of slave owners who bring their slaves to rallies.".

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 16
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 7:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GoBlueHiker @ Oct. 22 2013, 4:54 pm)

....chirp....chirp....chirp.....

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 8:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hannity vs  Maddow? LMAO

Hannity is a college drop out and Maddow went to Stanford and Oxford.

This is like comparing the intellects of George W Bush and Barack Obama.

Every pundit spins and exaggerates, because that's what they have to do, but comparing these two is ridiculous.

Hannity is little more than a Catholic blowhard polarizer. He, like his buddy Rush understand very little about political science and political philosophy.
 Post Number: 18
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 10:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maddow is certainly a liberal/progressive, and the content of her show as well as her commentary reflect that.

However, the the OP cited deliberate LIES that Hannity employs to mislead his viewers. The fact that he is "conservative" and Maddow is a liberal does not support an assertion of equivalency when it comes to deliberate LIES and deception.

To make that case you'd have to cite LIES by Maddow, and a preponderance of deception that reaches the level on Hannity's show.

I sincerely doubt anyone can come close to objectively making that case.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 19
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 1:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maddow just didn't go to Stanford and Oxford but was a Rhodes Scholar(and got her PHD from Oxford).

When Maddow realizes she made a factual error she corrects it in a later show(when has Hannity ever
done that?)

Hannity simply barfs up talking points and slogans. Hannity rarely if ever presents something
original.  Anyone who has watched Maddow knows she generally doesn't use slogans/talking points
and will have segments running sometimes as long as 15/20 minutes where its pretty much just
her talking. One signature of her show, at least when it comes to the first opening segment, is
that she will start off with something that seems to have no relation to anything in the news
or even politics but somehow ties it in to something current in the news later on in the segment.
I haven't seen anyone do this before or at least on cable news the way Maddow does and certainly
not something like Hannity who closely follows scripted slogans and talking points from the RNC
or right-wing media sources.  For example yesterday Maddow started her show off with how annoying
McAffee anti-virus software was/is and how bad the software really was/is. She then used that to
transition into the eccentric wierdo John McAfee(and that took probably about 5 minutes of time for
Rachel to describe the way McAffe has been very strange in the last number of years) and then finally
tied that into Republicans asking John McAfee advice on the healthcare.gov website.  Someone like
Hannity isn't going to present something in that way with that level of originally.

So its not just that Hannity is more dishonest than Maddow and that Maddow is more intelligent
than Hannity, its just that you can tell Maddow puts far more effort into her show and its reflected
by how much more original her show is compared to Hannity's(or just about any other show on cable
news which maybe isn't saying much since it is cable news).

Oh and here is a recent pic of McAffe(recent as in the last couple of years)

LOL!! I think you get the picture(he or one of his bodyguards may have also murdered an American in Belize)

more on McAfee

"Report: GOP asked ex-fugitive McAfee to testify on ObamaCare website"

http://thehill.com/blogs....Z5Up4kw

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 1:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If the core of your audience is based on radical anti-intellectualism, racism, and historical ignorance, who are you going to put up as the media leader of the group, Hannity, or Maddow??

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 1:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Old Frank @ Oct. 23 2013, 5:15 am)

...chirp chirp chirp...

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 22
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 1:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe Hannity should be replaced by Dan Rather.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 1:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Oct. 23 2013, 1:24 pm)
Maybe Hannity should be replaced by Dan Rather.

Sounds good to me!

A definite improvement, but how do you get Rather to work for Faux News??  I don't think they have that much money!

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 7:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

'Courage' Dan! Anybody would be an improvement over Hannity, except maybe his girlfriend Coulter.

Where's Joe Scarborough these days?
 Post Number: 25
rangersven Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2013, 7:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I like your point about old Jimmy C, Go Blue...!  More emotional drivel and no specifics or actual examples.  Jimmy C should learn to deal with things logically, not emotionally.  Never going to happen, though...

RS

--------------
"Backpacker.com's Original Provocateur."
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 25 2013, 9:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GoBlueHiker @ Oct. 23 2013, 11:20 am)

(Old Frank @ Oct. 23 2013, 5:15 am)

...chirp chirp chirp...

Chirp................chirp..................

The crickets are dying here, Jimmy.   Not even one example?  Not one?  Telling.

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 25 2013, 10:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's Friday, even in Texas, so JimmyC is baking cornbread today for the weekend.

He doesn't have time for reasonist backpackers political discussions.

Or maybe he is working on his sermon for Sunday morning, since he'll be busy watching college football and NASCAR tomorrow.
:D
 Post Number: 28
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 25 2013, 11:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

NASCAR wouldn't take up that much time, Cup practice and final practice at Martinsville are all there is plus a Crafstman Truck race and they're short. The Chase race is Sunday so he should have some spare time.

I thought teal Texans watched HS football Friday nights?
27 replies since Oct. 22 2013, 11:53 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Hanity caught lying about Obamacare
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions