2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: From Barack to Hillary< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2013, 9:40 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I suppose the hate will just carry over. Republicans have always hated Hillary as bad as anyone.

How will they survive 8 years of her? Will the walls close completely in? Will she then become the anti-Christ?

What's worse conservatives, a black man or a white woman?

I think secession is a definite option, as your reactionary dream for America is over.

Or you can save America and nominate Ted Cruz!

There's your answer.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2013, 9:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can only hope your candidate, if victorious has more class and grace than you do sir.

You do no credit to your party.

If I were a Democrat, I would be ashamed to be associated with you.
 Post Number: 3
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2013, 10:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If they repea party wakes up they'll nominate Christie and Rubio so they can win the election with moderates and minorities of color, instead of losing with rich white guys and poor ignorant white guys.
 Post Number: 4
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2013, 11:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What do you think the chance is for Christie to be nominated by the current Republican base that is controlled by the Tea Hatters??

Personally I am well pleased, because he would be a very tough opponent, with a real chance to win.

If the Tea Party goes down to defeat in 2014 through their extreme battles which harm the American economy, then there might be a chance for Christie in 2016.

A two edged sword from my point of view!!   ???

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 8:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lame as usual you are clueless. I am not a democrat.

And, it is the epitome of irony that the party of hate and bigotry would accuse anybody else of having no class.
 Post Number: 6
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 9:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You walk like a duck....you quack like a duck.....
 Post Number: 7
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 10:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She was my Senator for awhile, and I think she did a decent job.

Personality-wise, I can't stand her. If my kids needed a babysitter, and my only options were Hillary and a honey badger... it would be a tough decision.

I don't envision voting for her, as I will likely vote for a 3rd party candidate (Dem will win NY anyway). The saving grace is that she is an American... "I'll see your Putin, and raise you a Hillary".

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 8
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 12:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Oct. 29 2013, 11:54 am)
What do you think the chance is for Christie to be nominated by the current Republican base that is controlled by the Tea Hatters??

Christie occupies a weird niche in the GOP.  He is anathema to the Tea Party, but he is also largely disliked by the national party establishment for being insufficiently doctrinaire.  As memories fade, I feel obliged to remind people that he was the lone Republican on initial list of federal prosecutors that Karl Rove proposed for Alberto Gonzalez to fire.  GW Bush took him off the list.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 12:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Oct. 30 2013, 12:01 pm)

Christie occupies a weird niche in the GOP.  He is anathema to the Tea Party, but he is also largely disliked by the national party establishment for being insufficiently doctrinaire.  As memories fade, I feel obliged to remind people that he was the lone Republican on initial list of federal prosecutors that Karl Rove proposed for Alberto Gonzalez to fire.  GW Bush took him off the list.

I should add that winning in NJ requires Christie to be somewhat moderate.  He will be forced to take a hard right when he goes national.  The 2014 elections will be an important indicator of how far needs to move.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 12:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Oct. 30 2013, 12:07 pm)

(big_load @ Oct. 30 2013, 12:01 pm)

I should add that winning in NJ requires Christie to be somewhat moderate.  He will be forced to take a hard right when he goes national.  The 2014 elections will be an important indicator of how far needs to move.

Well, I submit that he could never take a hard enough right to attract ANY of the Tea Hatters.

Christie is the picture in the dictionary for RINO, and the picture they use is Christie announcing that NJ is no longer challenging gay marriage.

If you turn that far right you lose any semblance of credibility, and his middle of the road credibility is the only reason he would be a serious candidate in the national race.

The Tea Hatters will prevent any credible Christie run for the Presidency, unless the Tea Party is completely rejected in 2014, and much as I would like that, it doesn't seem realistic.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 12:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Oct. 30 2013, 12:33 pm)
Christie is the picture in the dictionary for RINO, and the picture they use is Christie announcing that NJ is no longer challenging gay marriage.

His strategy is to claim that challenge to be unimportant, since the issue must ultimately be decided on other grounds in the NJ Supreme Court.  I concede that accepting his argument requires more nuanced reasoning than currently prevails.

It will be interesting to see whether his relative electability is enough to galvanize support within the GOP establishment.  It's only been a year since the last time that happened.  I agree that he won't get much Tea Party support.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 1:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And without significant Tea Party support no Republican gets nominated.

Best thing that could ever happen for the Democrats in 2016.

I am guessing that Christie will get less than 5% in Iowa, and probably has to skip it entirely to avoid being crushed at the outset.

And then North Carolina is often the clincher nowadays.  But not for a moderate.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 13
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 1:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.ontheissues.org/Chris_Christie.htm

My vote is up for grabs in 2016, but I can't see voting for Christie.  I really do believe that this is a guy that will say whatever is the most politically expedient thing possible.  With few exceptions, I find it hard to know whether I agree or disagree with him on an issue since he seems to change his mind sort of regularly.

--------------
You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 1:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why should he be different??  LOL   :p

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 15
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 1:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton, or Bill for that matter. I voted for Ross Perot in 1996, and he was right when he cautioned about the "giant sucking sound" of jobs leaving the US when President Clinton signed "free" trade agreements. Even worse, Clinton signed the repeal of Glass-Steagall -- letting banks take the risks that led to the 2008 collapse.

And I will never vote in a Democratic primary for Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden or any other candidate who voted for the Iraq War Resolution in October 2002. I was especially disappointed in John Kerry, whose experience in Vietnam and leadership against that war should have made him the champion for putting the brakes on GW's fraudulent and reckless rush into Iraq.

I'm really fed up with presidential elections being so much more about the personage and name recognition of the candidates than qualifications and policy positions on critical issues.

Hillary may be inevitable, but I wouldn't gloat about it.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 16
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 1:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ Oct. 30 2013, 1:36 pm)

Corey Booker is sworn in to the Senate tomorrow.  Does he run in 2016 or wait for 2020?

--------------
You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 1:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hmm, I hope that Hillary isn't the Democrat candidate in 2016, too old, too much baggage and too conservative.

But, if she does get the nomination I will be working hard for her election because otherwise we get the next version of GeeDumbya.

There is still time for a much younger, more articulate, more nimble, less hated Democrat to emerge.  

I have a secret hope for Wendy Davis to rise to the top, but she is definitely a 1000-1 long shot, and has a lot of hoops to jump before becoming a real candidate.

But if she becomes Texas Governor, she could be formidable in the 2016 race, and would have many attractive running mates to help her along.

Hope springs eternal!

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 1:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Oct. 30 2013, 1:46 pm)

Corey Booker is sworn in to the Senate tomorrow.  Does he run in 2016 or wait for 2020?

I think Booker will run in the primarys, but has little chance to be nominated.

Could be a leading candidate for VP though, depending on how the primarys go.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2013, 1:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Oct. 30 2013, 1:46 pm)

I think this is as far as he goes in elective office.  Maybe NJ Governor someday.  The only thing that could change my prediction is a long distinguished career in the Senate, and I don't see that in the cards.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 9:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hillary is not my favorite candidate either actually. I just think if she chooses to run her nomination, and election is somewhat inevitable, considering the crash and burn of the theocratic party riding the elephant.

We need new  blood from somewhere. Corey booker would be great. Or Elizabeth Warren. Or Mark Warner.
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 12:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Or, Wendy Davis, or maybe, several other dynamic Democrat Governors that still have time to emerge on the national stage.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 22
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 12:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(tamarac @ Oct. 31 2013, 6:46 am)
Hillary is not my favorite candidate either actually. I just think if she chooses to run her nomination, and election is somewhat inevitable, considering the crash and burn of the theocratic party riding the elephant.

We need new  blood from somewhere. Corey booker would be great. Or Elizabeth Warren. Or Mark Warner.

Inevitability was predicted leading to 2008 as well.

Much like Obama's "great communicator" common wisdom  turned hollow she revealed a profound weakness when it came to being a candidate.

I'd like to see what other governors are out there, a short term senator is a bad competitive choice in most any normal year for the American Presidency based on history (even with the Bush boat anchor and the crashing of the great recession Obama almost lost that first one). An executive seemingly can almost always make a more persuasive case than a legislator.
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 12:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It is interesting to note, though, that both Kennedy and Obama followed that path to Presidential success.

I fear that the lesson is that being a verbal flasher, having the intellectual capacity to articulate real, complex issues in sound bites, and having a good camera presence are more important than experience in the Senate or in a Governor's chair.

Having great internet and social media savvy and presence will also be a big plus in 2016, and the chops to motivate younger voters.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 1:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Oct. 31 2013, 9:59 am)
It is interesting to note, though, that both Kennedy and Obama followed that path to Presidential success.

I fear that the lesson is that being a verbal flasher, having the intellectual capacity to articulate real, complex issues in sound bites, and having a good camera presence are more important than experience in the Senate or in a Governor's chair.

Having great internet and social media savvy and presence will also be a big plus in 2016, and the chops to motivate younger voters.

Though both cases offer caution: Obama squeaks through with his opponents burdened by the Iraq war and the Great Recession (and against an opponent who was also a career legislator: a gift from the Pubbies IMHO, totally negating the "in-experienced at executive" argument) while Kennedy benefited from Nixon's badly handled television presence, when television was a novelty and some highly shady voting shenanigans to also squeak through a victory.
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 1:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Squeaking through is important, and long lasting.  

Check with Al Gore and George Bush.

I have toyed with the idea of writing an historical alternative novel about the Gore Presidency, showing how different the world would be today, especially the domestic condition of America.

Too lazy and disorganized to actually get the work done though!   :p

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 2:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Oct. 31 2013, 10:32 am)
Squeaking through is important, and long lasting.  

Check with Al Gore and George Bush.

I have toyed with the idea of writing an historical alternative novel about the Gore Presidency, showing how different the world would be today, especially the domestic condition of America.

Oh absolutely, Shrub had that right at least, a win, is a win.

But for someone who wants MY choice to win I prefer contests that aren't close.
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 2:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, but Hillary does not have to deal with the dynamic orator that is Barack Obama this time around.

She may not get the nomination, however she is globally known, largely liked and extremely well connected and funded.

Tough seeing her lose to Uncle Joe or some less known policy wonk.
 Post Number: 28
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 3:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Oct. 31 2013, 1:32 pm)
I have toyed with the idea of writing an historical alternative novel about the Gore Presidency, showing how different the world would be today......  :p

Please. Do not remind me that I voted for Bush in 2000.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 29
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 7:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Oct. 31 2013, 12:32 pm)

Don't worry, it's already been done:
http://www.spike.com/video-clips/zfwna5/president-al-gore

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 30
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 01 2013, 9:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Oct. 31 2013, 1:32 pm)

Typical libbie.  :p  :D  :p

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
34 replies since Oct. 29 2013, 9:40 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply From Barack to Hillary
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions