2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Knockout "game" won by victim< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2013, 5:35 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Marvell Weaver, Teen Playing 'Knockout' With Stun Gun, Shot Twice By Victim

Weaver survived the shooting and was sentenced to a year in jail for the attack. He now regrets playing "knockout" and admits he got off easy for it.

"It was just a lesson learned. I wish I hadn't played the game at all," Weaver told WILX.

The rest of wish you never have offspring.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
RedDoug Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2013, 9:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Nov. 22 2013, 5:35 pm)
Marvell Weaver, Teen Playing 'Knockout' With Stun Gun, Shot Twice By Victim

Weaver survived the shooting and was sentenced to a year in jail for the attack. He now regrets playing "knockout" and admits he got off easy for it.

"It was just a lesson learned. I wish I hadn't played the game at all," Weaver told WILX.

The rest of wish you never have offspring.

Keep reading, searching. This is almost exclusively black on white assaults.

--------------
No Shame- Proud to be an American
 Post Number: 3
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2013, 10:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is almost exclusively black on white assaults.

Hate crimes.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 4
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 12:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow racism and gun nuttery in the same thread. Way to live up to the stereotype fellas.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 12:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Nov. 23 2013, 12:07 pm)
Wow racism and gun nuttery in the same thread. Way to live up to the stereotype fellas.

Lynching was primarily a white on black crime.

The "knockout came" is primarily a black on white crime.

You think a person who states those facts is a racists?

I think those facts describe racist acts by criminals. Reporting facts doesn't make the reporter racists.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 12:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Nov. 23 2013, 12:15 pm)

I think a person who consistently only reports facts that make one race look bad is a racist.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 12:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Nov. 23 2013, 12:16 pm)

I think a person who consistently only reports facts that make one race look bad is a racist.

Are all the black leaders and organizations racists in your view because they only address white on black crime?

I don't think so, just as I don't think a person who focuses on black on white crime is a racists.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 12:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

All the black leaders? Wow. I think you made my point for me.
 Post Number: 9
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 1:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Nov. 23 2013, 12:48 pm)

(HighGravity @ Nov. 23 2013, 12:16 pm)

Are all the black leaders and organizations racists in your view because they only address white on black crime?

I don't think so, just as I don't think a person who focuses on black on white crime is a racists.

I think you have badly misstated the facts.

Most black leaders/spokespersons, and organizations focus much more on black on black crime, the bane of their de facto segregated communities, especially in the inner cities.

Of course they also address white on black hate crimes, but that is much smaller part of the picture now we have finally enacted civil rights laws and provided some actual enforcement.

But you have the emphasis exactly backward from what the real situation for black victims of crime.

You might also take note that most crime committed against whites is also by whites, for the same basic reasons.  If most of the people in the community are white, most of the criminals are also white.  Same for brown, red, black and yellow, but that is not the problem you have, is it?

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 1:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Nov. 23 2013, 12:57 pm)

You can't respond to fact with fact.  The best you got is trying to kill the messenger because you don't like the facts.

For example, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson spend their facetime addressing white on black violence, even when that violence is not criminal (like the shooting of would-be-mugger Martin).

To be sure, they'll acknowledge that black on white violence is not acceptable when they are pressed about the issue, but their focus is on white on black violence.

Unlike you, I don't think they are racists because of it.  

All those black knockout game players attacking white victims would look just like President Obama's son if he had one.  That's a factual statement.  Those who can't deal with that fact will try to run from it with the cry of racism.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 1:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Nov. 23 2013, 1:20 pm)
Most black leaders/spokespersons, and organizations focus much more on black on black crime, the bane of their de facto segregated communities, especially in the inner cities.

Simply not true.  Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton and the like don't get on national TV and organize rallies to address black on black crime.  They spend their media face time addressing white on black violence.

You may wish it is was otherwise but it is not.  Your saying so does not make it so.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 1:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Nov. 23 2013, 1:30 pm)
You can't respond to fact with fact.  The best you got is trying to kill the messenger because you don't like the facts.

And you can't make a logical argument to save your life. But you're doing a hell of a job making mine fore me. First you engage in a tu queue argument, now you've moved on to a composition fallacy. When RedDoug starts discussing white on black crime, then you might actually have a defense for his earlier comment. Although at this point it's too little too late.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 1:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Nov. 23 2013, 1:44 pm)

And you can't make a logical argument to save your life. But you're doing a hell of a job making mine fore me. First you engage in a tu queue argument, now you've moved on to a composition fallacy. When RedDoug starts discussing white on black crime, then you might actually have a defense for his earlier comment. Although at this point it's too little too late.

You are doing a hell of job making senseless noise and running from the facts.

Not one response from you to any factual matters.

Not one bit of logic in anything you have said - just cries of "racism racism!"

That seems to be all you got.

Do you disagree with Allen West's view of the matter? If so, can you articulate an argument against his view on something other than calling him a racists or some other name that suits your fancy?

Why Black Leaders are Silent on KO Game
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 2:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Nov. 23 2013, 1:34 pm)

(wwwest @ Nov. 23 2013, 1:20 pm)

Simply not true.  Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton and the like don't get on national TV and organize rallies to address black on black crime.  They spend their media face time addressing white on black violence.

You may wish it is was otherwise but it is not.  Your saying so does not make it so.

And you saying that it is not so, does not make it not so.

Try these:

Actor Will Smith, a native of Philadelphia, has his Party 4 Peace celebrity weekend here to raise money and awareness about violent crime. In Memphis, volunteers from the Temple of Christ Baptist Church repainted the graffiti-defaced garage of an 86-year-old grandmother. V.J. Smith has started a Minneapolis chapter of MAD DADS (Men Against Destruction Defending Against Drugs and Social Disorder), which parades the streets, urging black males to sign a pledge abjuring violence. Across the nation, black males are stepping up to address what is loosely called black-on-black crime.

AFTER READING two letters concerning black-on-black crime in Philadelphia, I feel compelled to share my own opinions. Black-on-black crime has been taken out of context and made into an extreme phenomenon when it is no different from murders committed by whites on whites, by Chinese on Chinese, and so on. Why do crimes committed by blacks on blacks have to get a special term? I feel that it's just another instance of racism in America. I realize there is a high rate of crimes committed within the African-American community, and that is something that needs to be discussed by members of the community who know firsthand how to solve it. But I don't think it's fair that these crimes seem to get more negative media attention compared to the crimes committed by white people.

My family and I went to Cook County Jail on Christmas morning as we do every year. We went to share the promise of the Messiah's birth. We departed with our hearts heavy at the sight of hundreds of African-Americans sentenced to jail for crimes committed mostly against other African-Americans. These men look physically strong, but they are emotionally wounded, casualties of hard lives with limited options. Too many African-Americans grow up sentenced to premature death. Young men in Bangladesh are more likely to reach the age of 40 than black males in Harlem.

April 11, 2012

Wrong conclusions on shooting Annette John-Hall has deduced the wrong conclusion in "Of hoodies and mistreatment" (Friday). She states that 92 homicides have occurred in Philadelphia in 96 days - mostly black-on-black crime - and that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in Florida 39 days ago. However, the "anger turned on itself" in Philadelphia during the 57 days before Martin bought his last bag of Skittles had absolutely nothing to...

26, 2013 | BY SEAN COLLINS WALSH, Daily News Staff Writer walshSE@phillynews.com, 215-854-4172

ADDRESSING black-on-black violence must be a priority for the city and the nation, Mayor Nutter's chief of staff said at a news conference at City Hall yesterday. "Race - it's the unanswered question for us as a society," Everett Gillison said, referencing the recent Trayvon Martin case in Florida. Gillison was among top Nutter-administration officials who gathered to highlight the city's "holistic approach" to fighting crime, which has decreased dramatically in the first half of the year in several key areas.

http://articles.philly.com/keyword/black-on-black-crime

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 2:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Or, you might try this one.

Of course you see comments by political self worshippers in the MSM addressing the current hot issue they are using to increase their rating from the masses, but that does not mean they represent the actual leaders in the black communities, andymore than MSM over hyping respresents the reality in white communities.

Basing your opinions on the over hype of TV, especially Faux News, is a sure way to be wrong.  Everytime.

Here’s something to think about:

“If we don’t give our children time, the system will” – Xavier Aritist

Make a pledge to rescue our youth TODAY:  “Young women, young men of color, we add our voices to the voices of your ancestors who speak to you over ancient seas and across impossible mountain tops. Come up from the gloom of national neglect, you have already been paid for.Come out of the shadow of irrational prejudice, you owe no racial debt to history.The blood of our bodies and the prayers of our souls have brought you a future free from shame and bright beyond the telling of it. We pledge ourselves and our resources to seek for you clean and well furnished schools, safe and non-threatening streets, employment which makes use of your talents, but does not degrade your dignity.  You are the best we have.You are ALL we have.You are what we have become. We pledge you our whole hearts from this day forward.”

By Maya Angelou

A few hours of your time in a month can make a lifetime difference to a child.  

http://catwafitz.wordpress.com/2007....-enough

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 2:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nogods, You keep referring to "facts" and ignoring the fact that the only facts you and reddoug care about are facts that make minorities look bad. How about focusing on facts that paint a good image of minorities? Why is it that you red blooded gun nuts seem to want to paint this picture of America being taken over by lawless black people?

The bottom line is that this another of your idiotic attempts to paint society as so frightening and horrible that you must arm yourself to the teeth. It's a page right out the NRA's Freedom in Peril pamphlet.

The sad thing is you don't even seem to realize you're just another NRA lemming.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 2:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here are a couple more from another section of the country:

Black youths, who statistics show are more likely than other youths to become crime victims or offenders, are the targets of a campaign started Friday by the Metropolitan Orlando Urban League to reduce black-on-black crime.Urban League officials announced plans to attack crimes by blacks against blacks this summer by conducting a series of crime prevention programs geared toward black youths. The announcement came during a news conference at the headquarters of Peterson Outdoor Advertising.

Black leaders, including those in Eustis, are concerned that black-on- black crime is getting out of control in communities around the country.Two weeks ago a riot almost erupted in Eustis and got the attention of local black leaders, including Derryl Benton.Benton doesn't want his hometown of Eustis to become a war zone statistic. Benton grew up in the area and graduated from Eustis High school in 1978. Now he is a vice president and manager of a Sun Bank office in Leesburg.He also is mayor of Eustis, population 11,500, including more than 3,000 black residents.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/keyword/black-on-black-crime

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 2:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

police officials in several cities where such attacks have been reported said that the “game” amounted to little more than an urban myth, and that the attacks in question might be nothing more than the sort of random assaults that have always occurred.

And in New York City, police officials are struggling to determine whether they should advise the public to take precautions against the Knockout Game — or whether in fact it existed.

“We’re trying to determine whether or not this is a real phenomenon,” Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly said on Friday. “I mean, yes, something like this can happen. But we would like to have people come forward and give us any information they have.”

…There is particular concern within the department that widespread coverage could create the atmosphere where such a “game” could take hold in New York.

Much news coverage of reported knockout attacks includes 2012 footage from a surveillance camera in Pittsburgh of James Addlespurger, a high school teacher who was 50, being swiftly struck to the ground by a young man walking down an alleyway with some friends. Yet the Pittsburgh police said the attacker insisted the assault was not part of any organized “game.”

This was just a random act of violence,” Police Commander Eric Holmes said in a televised interview last year. “He stated that he was just having a bad day that day.” The assailant saw Mr. Addlespurger, the commander said, “and decided this was a course of action he was going to take.”

“If there ever was an urban myth, this was it,” he said. Still community concerns spurred by the video prompted a member of the City Council there, Candice Osborne, to post on her Facebook page, “there have been NO reported instances of this type of assault.”

…“We keep getting asked that question,” he said, of the Knockout Game, “and there is no noticeable trend…

http://www.nytimes.com/2013....th.html

It's amazing how quickly these urban legends spread when there's an ulterior motive for making people believe them huh Nogods?
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 2:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

+1

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 20
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 4:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Nov. 22 2013, 3:35 pm)

Criminals always regret it after they get caught....or shot.
 Post Number: 21
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 7:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Nov. 23 2013, 12:57 pm)

For example, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson spend their facetime addressing white on black violence, even when that violence is not criminal (like the shooting of would-be-mugger Martin).

To be sure, they'll acknowledge that black on white violence is not acceptable when they are pressed about the issue, but their focus is on white on black violence.

Unlike you, I don't think they are racists because of it.  

All those black knockout game players attacking white victims would look just like President Obama's son if he had one.  That's a factual statement.  Those who can't deal with that fact will try to run from it with the cry of racism.

The black leaders that you like to point out focus on crime in order to highlight what they believe are racial injustices, whether because blacks are more likely to be perceived as being a threat or how those accused of crimes are perceived by the media and the public, or how they're treated by police and justice system.

They don't actually focus on white-on-black violence.  They focus much more on the treatment of black men by the justice system, whether the black man is the victim or the criminal.

There are also many other black leaders and role models that focus their attention on the black community.  People like Bill Cosby, Colin Powell and Oprah Winfrey talk to black groups all the time. You may not hear about their efforts because a black person talking to a group of African Americans is just not national news and probably not of interest to someone like you.

Yes, there are many, many blacks who are racist.  It's a racism born of being discriminated against every day or being taught to distrust whites by their parents and grandparents who were mistreated.  Remember that the generation that lived through segregation, through the life and death of Martin Luther King, Jr., witnessed Little Rock... are still alive today.  And while I don't condone their attitudes, I know that motivates it.  I'm not certain what motivates yours.

I used to be on a debate team a long time ago and the point was to be able to find, pick and choose the "facts" to support your argument.  It wasn't all that hard to make an argument for either side of any subject, however controversial.  I know you're an attorney and you're careful to stick to the "facts", but that certainly doesn't mean that your argument isn't biased.

Frankly, I think your personal feelings are REALLY obvious.  Maybe cloaking it in "facts" and "logic" makes you feel it's justified.

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 7:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 23 2013, 2:42 pm)

(nogods @ Nov. 22 2013, 3:35 pm)

Criminals always regret it after they get caught....or shot.

If this had been a white kid attacking a black victim, there would outcries of racism by black leaders and hate crime charges. Why not in this case?

http://violenceagainstwhites.wordpress.com/the-hat....r-about

--------------

Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 7:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Nov. 23 2013, 7:40 pm)

REALLY??  You're citing a website called "Violence Against Whites" that asks "Is diversity worth dying for?", has an entire section on why slavery wasn't such a big deal: "Sick of liberals trying to make you feel guilty about slavery? All you need to do is remind them of a few historical points: 1. All races kept slaves all through history. 2. Most of the American slaveships and American slave-markets were run by Jews..."

WOW.

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 8:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Nov. 23 2013, 2:28 pm)
police officials in several cities where such attacks have been reported said that the “game” amounted to little more than an urban myth, and that the attacks in question might be nothing more than the sort of random assaults that have always occurred.

And in New York City, police officials are struggling to determine whether they should advise the public to take precautions against the Knockout Game — or whether in fact it existed.

“We’re trying to determine whether or not this is a real phenomenon,” Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly said on Friday. “I mean, yes, something like this can happen. But we would like to have people come forward and give us any information they have.”

…There is particular concern within the department that widespread coverage could create the atmosphere where such a “game” could take hold in New York.

Much news coverage of reported knockout attacks includes 2012 footage from a surveillance camera in Pittsburgh of James Addlespurger, a high school teacher who was 50, being swiftly struck to the ground by a young man walking down an alleyway with some friends. Yet the Pittsburgh police said the attacker insisted the assault was not part of any organized “game.”

This was just a random act of violence,” Police Commander Eric Holmes said in a televised interview last year. “He stated that he was just having a bad day that day.” The assailant saw Mr. Addlespurger, the commander said, “and decided this was a course of action he was going to take.”

“If there ever was an urban myth, this was it,” he said. Still community concerns spurred by the video prompted a member of the City Council there, Candice Osborne, to post on her Facebook page, “there have been NO reported instances of this type of assault.”

…“We keep getting asked that question,” he said, of the Knockout Game, “and there is no noticeable trend…

http://www.nytimes.com/2013....th.html

It's amazing how quickly these urban legends spread when there's an ulterior motive for making people believe them huh Nogods?

Wow - relying on the word of the criminal in one case to claim the knockout came is not being instigated by black youths upon white victims.

And someone +1 it - precious.

Hey, OJ didn't kill Nicole either, after all he said so didn't he?

That's the best you got?

Still no response to Allen West? Is he a racist for claiming it is black youths attacking white victims?

Tough one to respond to isn't it.
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 8:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Myth Busters:

In New York, police have charged Amrit Marajh, 28, with two felony hate crimes after they said he assaulted a 24-year-old Jewish man wearing a yarmulke Friday in Brooklyn, NYPD Sgt. Carlos Nieves said.

Marajh, who is Trinidadian, was talking about the knockout games with three other men and said an anti-Semitic statement just before the incident, Nieves said.

All four men were taken into police custody shortly after the 2:45 a.m. attack, but Nieves said only Marajh is believed to have participated in the assault.

Marajh, of Brooklyn, is charged with aggravated harassment as a hate crime, assault as a hate crime and misdemeanor assault, Nieves said. The victim was not seriously injured.

'Knockout game' leads to arrests, more police patrols

Oh crap...a hate crime...in NYC...what will they discover next?
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 8:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TigerFan @ Nov. 23 2013, 7:04 pm)
The black leaders that you like to point out focus on crime in order to highlight what they believe are racial injustices, whether because blacks are more likely to be perceived as being a threat or how those accused of crimes are perceived by the media and the public, or how they're treated by police and justice system.

They don't actually focus on white-on-black violence.  They focus much more on the treatment of black men by the justice system, whether the black man is the victim or the criminal.

There are also many other black leaders and role models that focus their attention on the black community.  People like Bill Cosby, Colin Powell and Oprah Winfrey talk to black groups all the time. You may not hear about their efforts because a black person talking to a group of African Americans is just not national news and probably not of interest to someone like you.

Yes, there are many, many blacks who are racist.  It's a racism born of being discriminated against every day or being taught to distrust whites by their parents and grandparents who were mistreated.  Remember that the generation that lived through segregation, through the life and death of Martin Luther King, Jr., witnessed Little Rock... are still alive today.  And while I don't condone their attitudes, I know that motivates it.  I'm not certain what motivates yours.

I used to be on a debate team a long time ago and the point was to be able to find, pick and choose the "facts" to support your argument.  It wasn't all that hard to make an argument for either side of any subject, however controversial.  I know you're an attorney and you're careful to stick to the "facts", but that certainly doesn't mean that your argument isn't biased.

Frankly, I think your personal feelings are REALLY obvious.  Maybe cloaking it in "facts" and "logic" makes you feel it's justified.

Didn't being on a "debate team" teach you that the first thing you need to do is know the issue?

My responses were in reply to a person who claimed that merely stating a fact - i.e., the knockout game is violence by blacks on whites - was indicative of the person stating that fact being a racists.

When I took him to task for that claim he tried to justify it with the logic that anyone who focuses on just one race is a racists.

And I pointed out that by his logic, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, and other notable black leaders would be racists.

Then, being unable to wiggle out of his silly logic, he began attacking me instead of responding to the silliness of his logical argument.

The debate is about whether a person who points out a simple fact about a subject is a racist because they focus on the race of the perpetrators and the victims.
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 9:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You're citing a website called "Violence Against Whites"

The purpose was to link "reverse" hate crimes, nothing else. Unless you're saying and have links to show it, that the hate crimes listed are non-existent?

Bigotry on the site does not invalidate the crimes nor does black bigotry invalidate white against black crime.

--------------

Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 9:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Nov. 23 2013, 8:53 pm)
The debate is about whether a person who points out a simple fact about a subject is a racist because they focus on the race of the perpetrators and the victims.

Wasn't implying this discussion was a debate.  Just pointing out that it's easy to make a biased/racist/prejudiced argument that's "factual".

You seem to think that people's comments in this forum can be struck down as being invalid (or silly or whatever) if it doesn't meet your criteria for logic.  But, of course, if anyone questions your comments like "would-be-mugger Martin" or "Treyvon is a thug", your response is that "it's obvious".

When black leaders cite a case to support their argument that black men are treated unfairly by the justice system, race is pertinent to their argument.   That's why they point it out.  From what I can see, you point it out for very different reasons.

Btw, the other thing I learned in debate is that winning the debate is just a technical thing.  It doesn't make you right.

--------------
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2013, 10:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Nov. 23 2013, 8:53 pm)
My responses were in reply to a person who claimed that merely stating a fact - i.e., the knockout game is violence by blacks on whites - was indicative of the person stating that fact being a racists.

When I took him to task for that claim he tried to justify it with the logic that anyone who focuses on just one race is a racists.

And I pointed out that by his logic, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, and other notable black leaders would be racists.

Then, being unable to wiggle out of his silly logic, he began attacking me instead of responding to the silliness of his logical argument.

You seem a bit slow witted. Let me see if I can help you understand. You've made it clear in the past that you're one of those gun obsessed lunatics who is opposed to reasonable gun restrictions. You started a thread for the purpose of making it appear that guns were needed to stop this threat, and it as I showed you, the threat isn't real. You're more likely to get struck by lightening than to die from some crazed black teenager hitting you in the face. In other words, your sales pitch fell completely flat and you revealed some things about yourself that you didn't realize were obvious to the rest of us.

Now you can kick and scream some more if you want, but I'm not sure it's going to dig you out of this hole.
 Post Number: 30
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 24 2013, 7:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Nov. 23 2013, 9:33 pm)
You're citing a website called "Violence Against Whites"

The purpose was to link "reverse" hate crimes, nothing else. Unless you're saying and have links to show it, that the hate crimes listed are non-existent?

Bigotry on the site does not invalidate the crimes nor does black bigotry invalidate white against black crime.

The purpose was to link reverse hate crimes, nothing else.

Is a reverse hate crime a "love" crime?
98 replies since Nov. 22 2013, 5:35 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Knockout "game" won by victim
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions