2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Pope Francis denounces ‘trickle-down’ economics< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 8:19 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

“Some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world,” Francis wrote in the papal statement. “This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, expresses a crude and naive trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power and in the sacra­lized workings of the prevailing economic system.”

“Meanwhile,” he added, “the excluded are still waiting.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busines....ry.html

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 9:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What's a good American Catholic to do?

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 3
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 9:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Nov. 27 2013, 8:28 am)

Compartmentalize, like Paul Ryan (GOP chairman of the House Budget Committee) who is a "good Catholic" and a devotee of Ayn Rand.

Sarah Palin is not Catholic, but a "good Christian" nevertheless. She recently expressed concern that the new Pope might be too liberal. The retort to that is (not sure who said it first): Wait till she hears about Jesus!!!

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 4
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 10:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ Nov. 27 2013, 9:37 am)

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Nov. 27 2013, 8:28 am)

Compartmentalize, like Paul Ryan (GOP chairman of the House Budget Committee) who is a "good Catholic" and a devotee of Ayn Rand.

Sarah Palin is not Catholic, but a "good Christian" nevertheless. She recently expressed concern that the new Pope might be too liberal. The retort to that is (not sure who said it first): Wait till she hears about Jesus!!!

Some liberals claim that Jesus would be an advocate for the poor, maybe even support them getting decent affordable healthcare.

Might even ask the better-off to carry a heavier share of the cost. ....shows how poorly the liberals understand the  messages of  Jesus.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 5
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 10:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sarah is more than a good Christian. She is a fundy Pentecostal. Haven't you seen the video of her having demons cast out by her pastor at her church in Alaska?

She' nuttier than a soup sandwich.
 Post Number: 6
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 11:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ Nov. 27 2013, 9:37 am)
Wait till she hears about Jesus!!!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I'm beginning to like this Pope.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 11:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Old Frank @ Nov. 27 2013, 10:02 am)
Might even ask the better-off to carry a heavier share of the cost. ....shows how poorly the liberals understand the  messages of  Jesus.

Something in there about the "Prince of Peace" as well.  Really makes you wonder sometimes, if the ultra conservatives actually have ever read the New Testament.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 8
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2013, 10:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think the Pope is anti abortion/birth control too....

You liberals are good with that too correct?

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 9
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2013, 10:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Nov. 28 2013, 8:35 am)

Ahhh.... Nothing like a simplistic dose of all-or-nothing thinking to start the morning.  Thanks for that. :;):

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2013, 11:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Nov. 28 2013, 10:35 am)

Hey, we'll take what we can get.  It's progress, after all and especially after the last Pope.

--------------
 Post Number: 11
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2013, 12:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Pope Francis is like JFK (in more ways than just being Catholic) and Obama: they make noises like they're "liberal", but, underneath it all, they're the same old deal. It's all "window dressing" for public consumption: "Look, we're reforming the tired old Church!"

Nah, they're not. Sadly, it's not much progress at all.

Come to think of it, Pope Francis has also got a lot of supporters on the Supreme Court, which makes me somewhat tense about the upcoming decision on contraception and the ACA. My bet is that Popey F. (one letter from being "PopeyE") disapproves of contraception, though probably not in public: has the Church changed its stance (funny word that!) on whacking off?
 Post Number: 12
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2013, 8:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Nov. 28 2013, 10:35 am)

There's that black and white thinking again.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2013, 8:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Nov. 27 2013, 11:23 am)
Something in there about the "Prince of Peace" as well.  Really makes you wonder sometimes, if the ultra conservatives actually have ever read the New Testament.

Most conservative religious types focus on the wrath of god stories in the OT and the legalism of the self-appointed apostle Paul. Therefore they don't have time to read about Jesus.
 Post Number: 14
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2013, 6:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Gabby @ Nov. 28 2013, 11:07 am)
has the Church changed its stance (funny word that!) on whacking off?

You're allowed to do it until you need glasses.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2013, 7:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Apparently the Pope is a Marxist, at least according to he High Priest of Right Wing Lunacy.

Rush Limbaugh: Pope is preaching 'pure Marxism'
14 replies since Nov. 27 2013, 8:19 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Pope Francis denounces ‘trickle-down’ economics
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions