2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Gov. Walker Urges Parents to Skip Toys, Send the Christmas Money to Him< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2013, 2:40 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

“Instead of electronics or toys that will undoubtedly be outdated, broken, or lost by the next Holiday Season, help give your children the gift of a Wisconsin that we can all be proud of,”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs....-to-him
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2013, 2:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bet the kids see differently...

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 3
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2013, 3:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 4
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2013, 4:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He means to invest in more top notch teachers, paying them the kind of money needed to hire the best these days, right??

LOL

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 5
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2013, 4:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:D   Thanks for the laugh.

Btw, I heard a great piece on NPR about Scott Walker and how his administration treated Josh Inglett, a Wisconsin student who had applied for one of the Regent seats.  They took him through the entire application process, interviews, vetting, the whole shabang, approved the nomination and then withdrew it when they found out that Josh had signed the recall petition two years previously, when he was 18 and in support of his mother, who was a school teacher.
This is a quick summary, but if you have a chance to listen to the NPR piece, it's worthwhile.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013....73.html

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 6
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2013, 7:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TigerFan @ Dec. 03 2013, 1:50 pm)
:D   Thanks for the laugh.

Btw, I heard a great piece on NPR about Scott Walker and how his administration treated Josh Inglett, a Wisconsin student who had applied for one of the Regent seats.  They took him through the entire application process, interviews, vetting, the whole shabang, approved the nomination and then withdrew it when they found out that Josh had signed the recall petition two years previously, when he was 18 and in support of his mother, who was a school teacher.
This is a quick summary, but if you have a chance to listen to the NPR piece, it's worthwhile.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013....73.html

Can't help contrasting that with how the President treated the protestor who was trying to shout him down in San Francisco the other day. Stopped the Secret Service from ejecting the young man, said he admired his passion, then explained why he thought the young man was wrong.

Walker...you just look at the guy and you can sense something ain't quite right.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
star Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2013, 3:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's a War on Christmas, I tell ya!

The boy's a beaut, isn't he?

--------------
If I wanted to live in a dictatorship I would have picked a place with shorter winters.
 Post Number: 8
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2013, 4:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(star @ Dec. 04 2013, 3:24 am)

Naw, the "War On Christmas" belongs to Sarah Palin.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs....as-book
 Post Number: 9
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2013, 4:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Panhandler @ Dec. 04 2013, 1:48 pm)

(star @ Dec. 04 2013, 3:24 am)

Naw, the "War On Christmas" belongs to Sarah Palin.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs....as-book

Well and from all the bodies littering the sidewalks in The War it's the trees that are losing out…. I drive along and see those chain link fenced-in little prison yards with a lot of 'em in plastic restraints.. so sad.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2013, 2:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ha!
Our place was a Christmas tree farm at one time. Well, it was supposed to be. Planted all those trees, checked on them, too small. Couple more years, too small. Couple more years, still too small. Forgot all about them, oh they're over 30 foot tall.

--------------
If I wanted to live in a dictatorship I would have picked a place with shorter winters.
 Post Number: 11
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 08 2013, 1:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I find it extremely ironic that the same people who are bashing Walker want to ensure that public sector retirees receive everything they were promised.  Wisconsin has the second best public sector retirement funding in the country.  In fact, Wisconsin retirement funds are at 101.2%.  Public sector workers in Wisconsin can thank Walker for that.

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 12
2itchyfeet Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 08 2013, 9:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(justwalkin @ Dec. 08 2013, 12:31 am)
I find it extremely ironic that the same people who are bashing Walker want to ensure that public sector retirees receive everything they were promised.  Wisconsin has the second best public sector retirement funding in the country.  In fact, Wisconsin retirement funds are at 101.2%.  Public sector workers in Wisconsin can thank Walker for that.

[/QUOTE]
You are going to have to explain this one to me.  The Wisconsin retirement system has been touted as one of the healthiest retirement systems in the US and has been studied by other states.  Please tell us how Walker accomplished this as it was in place and healthy long before Walker entered the political scene.  In fact it was alive and  healthy when  Walker was getting himself kicked out of Marquette for unethical practices in the student union.  As a former state employee, you'll have to try much harder than that to convince me that Walker is my friend!
 Post Number: 13
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 08 2013, 7:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(2itchyfeet @ Dec. 08 2013, 9:25 am)

(justwalkin @ Dec. 08 2013, 12:31 am)

[/QUOTE]
You are going to have to explain this one to me.  The Wisconsin retirement system has been touted as one of the healthiest retirement systems in the US and has been studied by other states.  Please tell us how Walker accomplished this as it was in place and healthy long before Walker entered the political scene.  In fact it was alive and  healthy when  Walker was getting himself kicked out of Marquette for unethical practices in the student union.  As a former state employee, you'll have to try much harder than that to convince me that Walker is my friend!

Basic conservatism.  Defined benefit retirees are much more secure in states like Wisconsin and North Dakota because political leaders don't ignore the future.  Walker continues that.

Tell me, if you were a defined benefit retiree, would you feel comfortable being a retiree from North Dakota or Wisconsin?  Would you feel less comfortable receiving a retirement from the city of Detroit, or Illinois?  If you answered yes to both of those questions then why do you still vote democratic?

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2013, 12:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That is the real prize that goes with the collective bargaining rights. Control of the pension fund, which is currently fully funded. You have only to look at Social Security, or cities like Detroit to see what happens when they get their hand in the cookie jar. Would you like your retirement funded by assets or promissory notes?
There are some other little goodies they'd like to get their hands on too, like the Land Trust, which is currently administered by the Secretary of State, a position they would like to eliminate. As they're trying to get control of that they're also pushing a bill allowing unlimited land sales to China, Walker has even met with the Chinese to discuss investments. I think it pertains to the proposed mining projects, they're the ones that want the taconite after all. I could be wrong about that, but that he plans to sell them sizeable parcels of our land is undeniable.

--------------
 Post Number: 15
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2013, 1:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Now this cracked me up (warning: rude gestures). The perfect response, IMO.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2013, 3:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

He fired the aide that sent out that email. Supposedly for making racist and offensive tweets years ago, although he has defended others in his administration for doing the same.

--------------
15 replies since Dec. 03 2013, 2:40 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Gov. Walker Urges Parents to Skip Toys
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions