2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 612345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The NRA's America< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 9:11 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CNN) -- A gunman carrying "a large amount of ammunition" and apparent makeshift explosives killed two workers at a busy Columbia, Maryland, mall before turning a shotgun on himself, police said.

The shooting, which also left five others injured, ended a violent week which saw shootings or gun scares at American schools or shopping centers -- ordinary places where people once felt safe.

"This should not happen at the Columbia Mall," Howard County Police Chief Bill McMahon told reporters. "This shouldn't happen anywhere."

McMahon told reporters that the shooter apparently fatally shot a man and woman -- both store employees -- before shooting himself in a store on the second floor of The Mall in Columbia. The motive was unclear.

http://www.cnn.com/2014....t=hp_t2
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 9:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No, in the NRA's America other shoppers would have shot the shooter after he shot the two store employees (because everyone would be armed).

Heck, it's even possible the employees would have deduced the deranged gunman was going to shoot them and they would have dropped him before he dropped them.

The certainty of dying from gun violence if you're crazy enough to engage in gun violence will make America a much safer place.

Do I need to flash the SARCASM sign?

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 3
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 11:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Turns out it was a lovers quarrel.  The X and her boy friend just happened to work at the mall.  How many times has this story played out?

So, it happened in Maryland who already has strict firearms laws, it was a Joe Biden Shotgun and not an evil black "assault rife" nor a handgun.

I haven't heard anything about the purchase, but I'd be willing to bet he purchased it through a dealer and passed a background check.

I hate that the x boy friend thought this was the way to deal with the problem.  So, the question to you liberals is, would you be happier if he killed them with a knife?

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 11:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Jan. 26 2014, 11:30 am)
Turns out it was a lovers quarrel.  The X and her boy friend just happened to work at the mall.  How many times has this story played out?

Where'd you get that from? The media sources all say the police are still trying to figure out their connection if any.

(gunslinger @ Jan. 26 2014, 11:30 am)
I haven't heard anything about the purchase, but I'd be willing to bet he purchased it through a dealer and passed a background check.

Imagine that. Maybe you are finally getting the point.
 Post Number: 5
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 1:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....rt.html

"The shooting may have been the climax of a domestic dispute between Benlolo, her boyfriend and an ex-boyfriend who fired the shots, WBAL reported on the air."

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 6
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 1:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So in essence, a law abiding arsehole couldnt handle the fact that his exGF told him to F off so he did what any other law abiding person would do.........shoot and kill his ex and his replacement.

Nice to know that a gun solves any problem a person might have.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
mtnsteve Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 1:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yet another pu$$y with a gun.

--------------
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 1:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Jan. 26 2014, 1:17 pm)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....rt.html

"The shooting may have been the climax of a domestic dispute between Benlolo, her boyfriend and an ex-boyfriend who fired the shots, WBAL reported on the air."

So the UK tabloid the Daily Mail says, "There is speculation that the shooting could have been a domestic dispute between Benlolo, a boyfriend and an ex-boyfriend" and you convert that to, "Turns out it was a lovers quarrel."  Did you notice that the line above indicates at the time of the writing the tabloid had not even been given the shooter's name? In other words, it was speculation based on zero evidence.

You really are a hoot.
 Post Number: 9
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 1:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is why we need to ban assault rifles......

I fail to see what the article has to do with the NRA.

When there's a car accident, do people blame the American Automobile Association?
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 2:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This was written prior to the shooting Friday at South Carolina State.

There Has Been an Average of One School Shooting Every Other School Day so far This Year

Last year was supposed to be a year of action to curb gun violence in our schools. But three weeks into the new year, statistics suggest that the problem could actually be worsening.

Though the sample size is far too small to draw any definitive conclusions, 2014 is off to a deadly start: in the first 14 school days of the year, there have been at least seven school shootings. For sake of comparison, there were 28 school shootings in all of 2013, according to gun violence prevention group Moms Demand Action.

Purdue University is the most recent, when a 23-year-old teaching assistant fired four shots inside a campus building on Tuesday, killing a 21-year-old senior. One day earlier, a student was hospitalized after being shot near the athletic center on the campus of Widener University in Pennsylvania. And last week, there were at least three other school shootings, resulting in the hospitalization of five students between the ages of 12 and 18.

That number could have been even higher were it not for several near-misses. An eighth grader was arrested in Georgia last week after he brought a gun to school on consecutive days and robbed a classmate. On Tuesday, Portland police rushed to an area high school after a student was reportedly showing off his gun to a fellow classmate during lunch. And early on Wednesday four teenagers were arrested after they were seen pointing a gun at a school bus in Norfolk, Va.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 2:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe it's because people who have never bought a firearm before are buying them now because they're worried that they may soon be outlawed.

Chickens coming home to roost?
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 2:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Jan. 26 2014, 11:10 am)
Maybe it's because people who have never bought a firearm before are buying them now because they're worried that they may soon be outlawed.

No, just more pu$$ys who find it's easier to get a gun to solve the drama in their lives then it is to register to vote.

God forbid we even try to keep guns out of the hands of fools.

--------------
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 2:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Jan. 26 2014, 2:10 pm)

Great logic. So they are so paranoid that the "gummit" is going to outlaw guns that they are not only buying more but deciding it's best to go ahead and see how many people they can kill first. And these are the people you want armed?
 Post Number: 14
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 3:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Raznation @ Jan. 26 2014, 1:20 pm)
replacement.

Yep, any problem - marital problems, bad grades in school, quarles over the neighbors dog, not being able to get all the drugs you want, bad drivers, bears in the woods. You name it, there's no problem a good gun can't solve.  It's all so very simple.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 3:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Raznation @ Jan. 26 2014, 1:20 pm)

Yep, any problem - marital squabbles, bad grades in school, quarles over the neighbor's dog, not being able to get all the drugs you want, bad drivers, followers of other "false" religions, You name it, there's no problem a good gun can't solve.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 3:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Jan. 26 2014, 3:07 pm)

Double post.  So sorry.

--------------
 Post Number: 17
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 4:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ Jan. 26 2014, 1:39 pm)

Sin City................................are you saying certain humans can't have a gun?

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 4:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Jan. 26 2014, 3:09 pm)
[quote=hikerjer,Jan. 26 2014, 3:07 pm][/quote]
Double post.  So sorry.

No your not, Charlie Chan :laugh:

--------------

Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 4:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimmyC @ Jan. 26 2014, 1:22 pm)

Sin City................................are you saying certain humans can't have a gun?

Your reading compression needs a little work...or did all the talk of gun toting pu$$ys keep you from thinking logically?

No, I'm saying not everyone should. Apparently you are concerned that the criminally insane, felons, child molesters, etc wont be able to pack a big gun.

--------------
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 4:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ Jan. 26 2014, 4:35 pm)

(JimmyC @ Jan. 26 2014, 1:22 pm)

Your reading compression needs a little work...or did all the talk of gun toting pu$$ys keep you from thinking logically?

No, I'm saying not everyone should. Apparently you are concerned with the criminally insane, felons, child molesters, etc wont be able to pack a big gun.

But, YOU mentioned certain humans or are you saying these certain humans are criminally insane, felons, child molesters, etc.

--------------

Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 4:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Please show me where I said "certain humans"

Still riled up over the gun toting pu$$ys. huh?

--------------
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 4:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jimmy, you really must stop listening to the little voices, they are lying to you
:D

--------------
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 4:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ Jan. 26 2014, 4:46 pm)
Please show me where I said "certain humans"

Still riled up over the gun toting pu$$ys. huh?

"Still riled up over the gun toting pu$$ys. huh?"

Hell yes..............!

"Please show me where I said "certain humans""

You didn't, I did...........pay attention.

--------------

Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 9:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ Jan. 26 2014, 12:14 pm)
No, just more pu$$ys who find it's easier to get a gun to solve the drama in their lives then it is to register to vote.

How exactly would you word that piece of legislation?  Make sure you don't discriminate...must keep this politically correct.
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 9:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 26 2014, 12:15 pm)

Great logic. So they are so paranoid that the "gummit" is going to outlaw guns that they are not only buying more but deciding it's best to go ahead and see how many people they can kill first. And these are the people you want armed?

Don't blame me.  I'm not the one who's pushing this delusional agenda that passing restrictive gun laws will lower crime.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 10:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Jan. 26 2014, 6:11 pm)

How exactly would you word that piece of legislation?  Make sure you don't discriminate...must keep this politically correct.

Since we need to register to vote perhaps we should also register when we buy our guns. I registered when I got my CWP. I believe voting is my right and so is owning a gun. I also believe that some folks should not be allowed to own a gun just like some states do not allow you to vote if you are a convicted felon. They could do a basic background check and check for mental illness, history of violence, spousal abuse, etc.

Alabama, Arizona, Mississippi, Kentucky, Virginia, among others, can limit your voting rights and depending on your crime, you can even lose your voting rights permanently. If these states can limit your voting rights shouldn't they also have the right to limit your ability to legally own a gun if you have a history of beating your wife for example?

Doing nothing is akin to saying we should allow people to drive drunk because drunks are still getting behind the wheel...Hey people are still driving drunk so so the law is useless, right?

Will it keep this senseless violence from happening, no, but it may save one child from getting killed.

--------------
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 27
Three Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 10:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ Jan. 26 2014, 9:19 am)
Heck, it's even possible the employees would have deduced the deranged gunman was going to shoot them and they would have dropped him before he dropped them.

And you don't like that outcome?

Prefer to live in a place with a near total prohibition on the legal ownership of firearms like Mexico?
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 10:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Jan. 26 2014, 6:14 pm)

(HighGravity @ Jan. 26 2014, 12:15 pm)

Don't blame me.  I'm not the one who's pushing this delusional agenda that passing restrictive gun laws will lower crime.

Lets do away will all laws that haven't stopped...
murders, rapes, drunk drivers, robbery's and child abuse since all these crimes are still going on it's obvious the laws aren't working, right?

--------------
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 29
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 10:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Background checks are a good start.
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 10:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Jan. 26 2014, 7:54 pm)

Background checks are a good start.

+1

--------------
Helen Keller
164 replies since Jan. 26 2014, 9:11 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 612345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The NRA's America
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions