2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Racism In Texas Today< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 2:19 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hurry up and get elected Wendy Davis, it is time that someone brought Texas into the 20th Century.

Hard to believe that there are still LEOs who will go to this extent to cover up deadly racial violence in their jurisdiction.

SABINE COUNTY, TX (KSLA) -
It's an Ark-La Tex case making national headlines: A-28-year-old physical therapist and married father of 3 disappears and turns up dead just 25 yards from where he was last seen. Now United States Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee is getting involved and asking U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to take over the investigation.

Yahtorah Kupenda was in the search group that found Alfred's body and took pictures of the scene. Kupenda described the body as having no eyes and his ear was cut off. Kassilia Wright, Alfred's sister said she believes he was captured and tortured before being killed and dumped in the remote area.

The official autopsy revealed accidental drug overdose. It showed shallow puncture wounds on his left palm, left thigh, leg, and abdomen, but no evidence of severe trauma.  The autopsy said what appeared to be a straight cut on his neck was from animal activity.

The family hired their own pathologist, Dr. Leann Grossman.  During a news conference, Dr. Grossman said she has a high index of suspicion that Alfred Wright's death is a homicide.  Dr. Grossman said there was severe trauma to the neck and head in addition to his ear and teeth missing. She also said it appeared his throat had been slashed.  Now there are more questions than answers for a family who has lost faith in law enforcement.

http://www.ksla.com/story/24583348/backwoods-mystery

Just another thug to the local rednecks, I guess.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 2:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:laugh: I'm a big 'ol catfish, but you got the wrong kind of bait westy.

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 3
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 3:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In 2011, there were 2,695 black homicide victims.  Of the perpetrators, 193 were white, 2,447 were black, 9 were classified as "other" and 37 were unknown.

Other than the fact that the investigation was poorly handled by the police, is there any other indication that this may have been a racist act?

Source
 Post Number: 4
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 4:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sooooo...a black man dies under very suspicious circumstances + the investigation is botched by the county sheriff = racism?

Interesting math.

But let's debate this one more time just for fun!

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 5
Walkinman Search for posts by this member.
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 4:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hungry Jack @ Feb. 04 2014, 12:21 pm)
Sooooo...a black man dies under very suspicious circumstances + the investigation is botched by the county sheriff = racism?

Interesting math.

But let's debate this one more time just for fun!

Well, we could debate it in the greater context of how often this happens nationwide. Wanna give that a whirl?

--------------
Guided Alaska backpacking and hiking trips

"What good is a used up world and how can it be worth having?" -- Sting, All This Time.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 5:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Temporary aside: my first attempt at writing a response was foiled by some g****m Google ad that camped out right over my text box, and would not go away. WTF?)

If it happens once, it's too often. Policing and justice should be color blind.

Clearly this happens. And it's unacceptable.

But any attempt to discuss how often this happens the broader context of societal behaviors should also include a discussion of how often it does not happen. Any sampling of behavior should include a control group, right?

I am obviously being somewhat facetious, but trying to parameters around this type of problem can be a fool's errand, IMO.

This case is more intriguing not because of the color of the victim, but because he was allegedly involved with the sheriff's daughter (according to some reports). Whether or not that involves a racial element is for others to decide. I just hope they get to the bottom of what appears to be a murder followed by a botched investigation.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 7
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 5:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But any attempt to discuss how often this happens the broader context of societal behaviors should also include a discussion of how often it does not happen. Any sampling of behavior should include a control group, right?

Hungry Jack

The research on that has long been done. Talk to a police reporter in any major US city about what happens when Joe Black Kid gets shot in South Central, versus when Tad Rich Old White Guy is killed in the wealthier burbs.

--------------

"What good is a used up world and how can it be worth having?" -- Sting, All This Time.
 Post Number: 8
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 5:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think I have to agree with some of the other posters

You seem to be making a huge sweeping leaps here wwwest which is pretty ironic given your
previous comments on "conspiracy theories" like your views regarding the view that the warren
commission was incorrect regarding the JFK assassination.

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 8:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Walkinman @ Feb. 04 2014, 5:12 pm)

Hungry Jack

The research on that has long been done. Talk to a police reporter in any major US city about what happens when Joe Black Kid gets shot in South Central, versus when Tad Rich Old White Guy is killed in the wealthier burbs.

Ok. So do we need to discuss this again?

The case is more intriguing not because a black man was murdered. It's intriguing because it looks like a man was murdered, and the murder was apparently covered up, and it's possible that local law enforcement was involved in the cover up. Spinning it as a racism story is just a cheap attempt to hype a story around an issue with which some people are so obsessed that all they can see are the racial elements.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 10
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 8:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Feb. 04 2014, 2:19 pm)
Hurry up and get elected Wendy Davis, it is time that someone brought Texas into the 20th Century.

Fat chance of that happening.  At least not without JimmyC's support.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 11
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 11:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Spinning it as a racism story is just a cheap attempt to hype a story around an issue with which some people are so obsessed that all they can see are the racial elements

Example

I just now got an email via CNN mobile saying

"New York police have taken in for questioning four people who are believed to be connected to the drugs found in late actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's apartment, a New York law enforcement official told CNN Tuesday night.

Also, preliminary tests show the heroin recovered from the apartment does not contain fentanyl, a law enforcement official told CNN.

More testing will be done, but as of now no fentanyl has been detected."

Barely a few days after PSH's death, police have taken in 4 people for questioning about the drugs. Now had PSH been a 19yr old black kid from Brooklyn, you think the NYPD would have made the same progress? How many detectives do you think they'd have on that case? Better yet, how many detectives do you think they pulled OFF a case like that to investigate PSH's death?

Spinning things as NOT racist is a cheap attempt to spin a story around some other issue because some people are afraid that all they don't EVER see the racial elements.

--------------

Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2014, 11:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Walkinman @ Feb. 04 2014, 11:18 pm)
Spinning it as a racism story is just a cheap attempt to hype a story around an issue with which some people are so obsessed that all they can see are the racial elements

Example

I just now got an email via CNN mobile saying

"New York police have taken in for questioning four people who are believed to be connected to the drugs found in late actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's apartment, a New York law enforcement official told CNN Tuesday night.

Also, preliminary tests show the heroin recovered from the apartment does not contain fentanyl, a law enforcement official told CNN.

More testing will be done, but as of now no fentanyl has been detected."

Barely a few days after PSH's death, police have taken in 4 people for questioning about the drugs. Now had PSH been a 19yr old black kid from Brooklyn, you think the NYPD would have made the same progress? How many detectives do you think they'd have on that case? Better yet, how many detectives do you think they pulled OFF a case like that to investigate PSH's death?

Spinning things as NOT racist is a cheap attempt to spin a story around some other issue because some people are afraid that all they don't EVER see the racial elements.

I don't disagree with you at all. Never did.

But interpreting everything through a purely racial lens is the hallmark of someone who has a serious axe to grind about racism. Mind you that your example of racial inequity about PSH's death is pure conjecture. Go ahead and believe it if you need to. I won't try to convince you otherwise, in part because your conjecture is plausible. But also in part because it's a strawman.

But instead of finding some story as a foil to get up and allege racism and then go fishing around an Internet forum to see who might or might not subscribe to your claim, why not realize many people are a bit more hesitant to engage around here because 1) the subject is brought up regularly; 2) it's hard to prove or disprove racism on the basis of reporting; and 3) there is not much we are going to do about it on an Internet forum.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 13
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 12:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

HJ

Of course, we can't sit here and examine each and every single topic microscopically and determine every nuanced degree of what is or is not racism, and so on. But we don't need to, imo.

I didn't point to racial inequity about PSH's death .. I pointed to what is clearly an example of the racial inequity in how we as a society follow that up. How do we deal with it? How do we deal with the various subsets of our culture? We legitimize one "type" of person and we de-legitimize another when we do this.

And why do I say "clearly" above? Because it's so predictable. Just as the sun started to sink toward the horizon this afternoon I felt "clearly" nightfall is coming. And here we are in the darkness. Now you can say this is merely conjecture and coincidence, but at some point, it's not.

How is this a strawman? ???

--------------

Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 7:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Walkinman @ Feb. 04 2014, 9:18 pm)

Same story if you replaced your 19yo black kid with a poor 19yo white kiid.

It's not a race issue.
 Post Number: 15
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 8:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Change your example to Oprah Winfrey and a poor white kid. Which one would get more police response? Would it still be racism?
It's the publicity and face of a public figure and has nothing to do with the color of the victims' skin.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 10:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Walkinman @ Feb. 05 2014, 12:09 am)
HJ

Of course, we can't sit here and examine each and every single topic microscopically and determine every nuanced degree of what is or is not racism, and so on. But we don't need to, imo.

I didn't point to racial inequity about PSH's death .. I pointed to what is clearly an example of the racial inequity in how we as a society follow that up. How do we deal with it? How do we deal with the various subsets of our culture? We legitimize one "type" of person and we de-legitimize another when we do this.

And why do I say "clearly" above? Because it's so predictable. Just as the sun started to sink toward the horizon this afternoon I felt "clearly" nightfall is coming. And here we are in the darkness. Now you can say this is merely conjecture and coincidence, but at some point, it's not.

Now had PSH been a 19yr old black kid from Brooklyn, you think the NYPD would have made the same progress? How many detectives do you think they'd have on that case? Better yet, how many detectives do you think they pulled OFF a case like that to investigate PSH's death?

You are trying to prove a point by invoking a hypothetical argument as if it is fact.

The silly thing is you don't have to. The practices of racial profiling in policing are well documented.

But per Montana's point, wealth and social status are also a huge factor. In the eyes of the police, Oprah and PSH are likely the same.

Re your question on how we "deal" this inequity in policing, laws and independent monitoring and audits are a good start.

But as I have argued before, racism is first and foremost an issue of personal conduct. It requires one to step outside their own comfort zone of associations and prejudices.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 17
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 11:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Similar debatable cause of death conclusions happen all the time - including with regard to white people as well - this one has been ongoing for 5 years - the relatives even filed a civil lawsuit against the county claiming fraud and a cover up

As family and friends reminisced lingering questions remain about Amanda's death. The Erie County Medical Examiner determined her death was caused by a drug overdose, but family members believe she was murdered.

"We know she was strangled. There's tons of forensic information. There's DNA from three people found on her and in her, a hair found on her naked body. There's tons of forensic information. If this case went to court tomorrow, there would be a conviction," said Wienckowski Family advocate Kathy Weppner.

But after five years, no one has ever been charged and the questions surrounding her death remain. The family released balloons to mark this day and to send a simple message to the world.

Family of Amanda Wienckowski mark fifth anniversary of her death with vigil
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 2:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, thankfully for the rest of y'all, racism only happens in Texas................

--------------

Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 5:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I find it interesting that no one posting about how this was not racially motivated torture and murder failed to mention the fact that this black man was married to an attractive white woman, nor how she was treated at the local sheriff's office, nor the fact that there was an earlier assault on a black man at the same location, which was also not effectively investigated.

This is just plain old redneck lynching of a black man, not really different than thousands of other cases, maybe tens of thousands.

What is disturbing is the continuing attitude of local authorities to tolerate, or perhaps condone, such blatant, deadly racism.

Glad to see some action being taken to correct that situation.  I hope the Justice Department steps and takes over.

I was simply noting how slow the progress has been since the mid 60's in some areas of our country.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 20
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 6:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Feb. 05 2014, 3:08 am)

It's not a race issue.

Lamebeaver

That doesn't mean it's not a race issue. It means there can well be other factors at play, and they're every bit as important. One doesn't excuse or deny the other. So don't pretend that it does. MLW essentially repeats your post, and he's equally as wrong as you are.

--------------

Post Number: 21
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 6:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hungry Jack @ Feb. 05 2014, 6:39 am)

(Walkinman @ Feb. 05 2014, 12:09 am)
HJ

Now had PSH been a 19yr old black kid from Brooklyn, you think the NYPD would have made the same progress? How many detectives do you think they'd have on that case? Better yet, how many detectives do you think they pulled OFF a case like that to investigate PSH's death?

You are trying to prove a point by invoking a hypothetical argument as if it is fact.

The silly thing is you don't have to. The practices of racial profiling in policing are well documented.

But per Montana's point, wealth and social status are also a huge factor. In the eyes of the police, Oprah and PSH are likely the same.

Re your question on how we "deal" this inequity in policing, laws and independent monitoring and audits are a good start.

But as I have argued before, racism is first and foremost an issue of personal conduct. It requires one to step outside their own comfort zone of associations and prejudices.

But it is a fact. And I'll guarantee you it happened both in this instance as we both know it happens in countless others. Whether I point to an example you're familiar with or any other example doesn't change that, it simply illustrates what I'm talking about.

Racism isn't simply, or even first and foremost, a personal issue at all. Racism is embedded in our institutions and our culture, and has been for a long, long time. We don't simply overcome or change that by stepping outside our own comfort zones and prejudices. Nor is pointing to examples of it the wrong thing to do - conversely, ignoring examples of it, and remaining silent in the face of it, does perpetuate it.

--------------

Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 10:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Walkinman @ Feb. 05 2014, 4:12 pm)

It's not a race issue.

Lamebeaver

That doesn't mean it's not a race issue. It means there can well be other factors at play, and they're every bit as important. One doesn't excuse or deny the other. So don't pretend that it does. MLW essentially repeats your post, and he's equally as wrong as you are.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

If a famous black actor died, who do you think would generate a more thorough police investigation, that famous black actor, or a 19 year old white male from Brooklyn?

I think wealth, social status and public interest completely overshadow race.
 Post Number: 23
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2014, 10:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Feb. 05 2014, 6:07 pm)

(Walkinman @ Feb. 05 2014, 4:12 pm)

It's not a race issue.

Lamebeaver

You're comparing apples to oranges.

If a famous black actor died, who do you think would generate a more thorough police investigation, that famous black actor, or a 19 year old white male from Brooklyn?

I think wealth, social status and public interest completely overshadow race.

Well, it IS apples to oranges. Black ones and white ones.

Do I think if it had been Denzel Washington who died the situation would be the same? Sure.

But do you really think this same dynamic does NOT happen, time and again, on a racial bias? Because that would be an astonishing thing to claim.

Equally astonishing is the idea that because other factors can play into certain situations that racial dynamics can not equally apply.

I've seen firsthand how critically differently the authority systems and the judicial systems work for black folks versus white folks. I don't deny that wealth and social status play a huge role as well. OJ walked because he was rich; but that's not an argument that race isn't equally a significant factor.

All of this, of course, ignores the equally poignant point about how and WHY those factors such as wealth, social status and public interest fall along the racial lines that they do.

--------------

Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2014, 3:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here in Chicago, a nephew of former mayor Daley was finally sentenced nearly ten years after he punched and killed a 19 year-old outside a Chicago night spot, but was protected by the police. It took his family years of raising the issue before a special investigator was appointed and revealed the cover up.

This is how these incidents of institutional injustice should be handled (albeit faster).

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 25
buddero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2014, 4:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Feb. 04 2014, 8:44 pm)

We sent her $ last week. Half from my wife and me and half honoring JimmyC.

--------------
Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty
If your cup is full, may it be again

Journal and links to refugees, backpacking, travel in Asia, photos, honky-tonk angels, other beautiful things...
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2014, 8:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(buddero @ Feb. 06 2014, 4:14 pm)

(hikerjer @ Feb. 04 2014, 8:44 pm)

We sent her $ last week. Half from my wife and me and half honoring JimmyC.

"honoring JimmyC."

Naturally.................. :laugh:

--------------

Post Number: 27
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2014, 8:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Walkinman @ Feb. 04 2014, 5:12 pm)

Hungry Jack

Well it probably goes something like this

They check Joe black kids record and discover that he was killed in retaliation for him killing another JBK and they wish he would have stayed in school instead of joining that gang

Compare and contrast him inserting himself into the street violence as opposed to ROWG getting shot by some other JBK's looking to rob him or possibly just bored.

I saw an article on some major urban police department that said that something like 75% of murder victims were "known to the police"

Chances are closer to 100% of the murderers were also "known to the police"

Any death is a tragedy.....but at least when the criminals kill each other it is easier to identify the bodies since their particulars are all "on file"

Back to the original topic....the media has a simple formula....if it happened to a black person it simply must be racism

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2014, 2:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Especially when it plainly is racism behind the violence.l

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2014, 3:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Apparently there was some racism in Texas this weekend in Lubbock on Saturday.

Travis Smart had no right to go into the stands and shove a fan, and his punishment is just.

But one has to think that Smart has done us all a favor by opening up the discussion about unacceptable--more like ugly--fan behavior that involves racial insults, as Smart alleges. Being a fan with a paid ticket does not entitle you to be a @$$40le.

Hopefully Smart's 3-game suspension becomes a footnote in this story, and Orr is held responsible for his behavior by the court of public opinion and the aTm community.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2014, 6:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The situation that occurred in Lubbock is entirely different than what West alleges in his interpretation of the suspicious death / botched investigation.

I will accept at face value Smart's version of the story. After all, he was the prime witness, and some other reports corroborate his story.

Now West reads a story about the highly suspicious death of a black man followed by questionable police follow up, and the first thing he blurts out is "racism." But other reports suggest a more complex plot/motive than simply a racial bias.

But that's the hyperbole-driven world we inhabit.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
32 replies since Feb. 04 2014, 2:19 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Racism In Texas Today
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions