2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: New Poster Child for Failure< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 17 2014, 3:12 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think the writers of Greek tragedy missed this story line, didn't they??

Beowulf comes close, but not quite this complete a failure:

Rapper Andre Johnson severed his penis and jumped from a Los Angeles apartment building early Wednesday, police said.

Johnson was seriously injured, but survived the fall from the second level of the building in North Hollywood, Los Angeles Police Sgt. William Mann said.

Johnson, along with his recovered penis, was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was being treated, Mann said.

Details about what triggered the incident were not available.

Johnson has been a member of Northstar, a Long Beach, California, hip hop group that was part of the Wu-Tang Clan family, according to the Wu-Tang Clan website. He performs under the name Christ Bearer.

http://www.cnn.com/2014....t=hp_t2

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014, 6:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wait, what?  Johnson cut off his johnson?!!

Oh the humanity!!
 Post Number: 3
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014, 9:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well played, KenV.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 4
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014, 9:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's a unique way of marketing an album ...

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 12:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Side question:

Who paid for the penis reattachment surgery and for all the other medical bills this sad sack racked up?
 Post Number: 6
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 6:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KenV @ Apr. 20 2014, 11:41 pm)
Side question:

Who paid for the penis reattachment surgery and for all the other medical bills this sad sack racked up?

Why do you care?

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
beemerphill Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 8:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Raz,
I would ordinarily agree with you-who cares who pays for the medical treatment. However, with everyone sharing their opinion of the the new ACA, or Obama care as it is called by opponents, it would be nice to see who gets the bill for this little misadventure. It would also be nice to see if this young professional singer has insurance. It is the premiums paid by younger people that will make the ACA a success or a failure. If more people knew just how much the taxpayers had to pay for uninsured young people, it would change many minds about a national insurance plan. It might also get both parties working to fix some of the problems with the plan that did get passed.
 Post Number: 8
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 9:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well he's black so obviously no health insurance. Probably on food stamps too. Plus, being black the cost of re attaching it must be huge.
 Post Number: 9
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 2:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Actually, the doctors were unable to reattach the member.
 Post Number: 10
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 4:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can't help but to think that it is a good thing that he won't be reproducing.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2014, 3:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Raznation @ Apr. 21 2014, 6:54 am)

Side question:

Why do you care?

Why?  For many obvious reasons related to the current debate on healthcare funding (AKA Obamacare).

Did this sad sack have insurance?  And if not, who paid?  If the old "safety net" for the uninsured is still in place in addition to the ACA, what's the motivation to buy insurance under the ACA?
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2014, 12:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ah, yes, the Ken Rule:

Let 'em lay where they fall, god will sort them out.

I guess that Ken finally sees the good sense that a mandatory, single payer system would be, just like other, more rational countries have in place.

:)

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 13
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2014, 3:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I thought this was going to be about Ted Cruz.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2014, 3:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wishful thinking again!  Like Johnson, you have to have a johnson before you can sever it.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 15
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2014, 9:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KenV @ Apr. 24 2014, 2:29 am)

(Raznation @ Apr. 21 2014, 6:54 am)

Side question:

Why do you care?

Why?  For many obvious reasons related to the current debate on healthcare funding (AKA Obamacare).

Did this sad sack have insurance?  And if not, who paid?  If the old "safety net" for the uninsured is still in place in addition to the ACA, what's the motivation to buy insurance under the ACA?

Funny, I dont recall you getting all prolapse about other people who use the emergency room as their own private doctor.

As far as who paid the medical, we can only assume that his insurance paid for it since he has the money to afford to pay for medical coverage.

Besides, he took a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It is unfortunate that he will be a unix for the rest of his life but actions have consequences.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2014, 11:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Apr. 24 2014, 12:52 pm)
Ah, yes, the Ken Rule:

Let 'em lay where they fall, god will sort them out.

Blatant strawman, if ever there was one.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 25 2014, 12:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Raznation @ Apr. 24 2014, 9:41 pm)
Funny, I dont recall you getting all prolapse about other people who use the emergency room as their own private doctor.

Then  you haven't been keeping up.

As far as who paid the medical, we can only assume that his insurance paid for it since he has the money to afford to pay for medical coverage.
We can "only" assume he bought insurance because he can afford it?  What specious logic!  Being able to afford to buy something and actually buying that something are two very different things.  I have been able to afford to buy a new car for decades, and yet I've never bought one.

Besides, he took a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It is unfortunate that he will be a unix for the rest of his life but actions have consequences.
unix?  That's a computer operating system.  You clearly meant eunuch.  And BTW, that requires castration, which would involve more than Johson's johnson.
16 replies since Apr. 17 2014, 3:12 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply New Poster Child for Failure
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions