2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Gun Graphics, Laughable and Politically INCORRECT< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Bass Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2014, 7:28 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You have to have a sense of humour to get this ..... Are you laughing JimmyC?

Be careful that you don't break a rib laughing at this politically incorrect gun propaganda:

Gun Graphic .

Be sure to check out the other gun graphics at More Gun Graphics .
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2014, 8:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just to pick on one country often mentioned as having a high gun ownership but low murder (by gun) rate...
Switzerland is nothing at all like the US.
Most guns found in households there are military issued weapons that are required for men between 20 and 30 and often kept after that.
You cannot walk around there with a loaded gun , ammunition's must be kept separate,and you do require a very good reason for having a weapon with you in the first place.
Apart from military in active duty and police, when you see a gun there , even an hunting rifle when non hunting, it will not have ammo inside.
The notion of owning a gun as a right and for self defence is not part of the Swiss mentality.
I have not been to Finland but I understand that the situation there is similar except they have a lot more hunting riffles.(at home guns must be locked up or have parts missing)
Again , even with a gun permit you cannot walk around in Finland , when not hunting,  with a loaded gun .
 Post Number: 3
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2014, 11:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Franco @ Apr. 20 2014, 8:41 pm)
Just to pick on one country often mentioned as having a high gun ownership but low murder (by gun) rate...
Most guns found in households there are military issued weapons that are required for men between 20 and 30 and often kept after that.
You cannot walk around there with a loaded gun , ammunition's must be kept separate,and you do require a very good reason for having a weapon with you in the first place.
Apart from military in active duty and police, when you see a gun there , even an hunting rifle when non hunting, it will not have ammo inside.
The notion of owning a gun as a right and for self defence is not part of the Swiss mentality.
I have not been to Finland but I understand that the situation there is similar except they have a lot more hunting riffles.(at home guns must be locked up or have parts missing)
Again , even with a gun permit you cannot walk around in Finland , when not hunting,  with a loaded gun .

All good points.

And yet it's the "ugly military looking" guns that many folks want to restrict or outright ban in the USA, while the folks in Switzerland, Finland, and elsewhere keep actual military weapons in their home.

As for guns in the streets, they are much more rare in those nations.  It is indeed a very different culture there.
 Post Number: 4
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 6:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The primary difference in those countries where civilians keep their military weapons is they really aren't "civilians".
Everyone graduating HS or turning 18 must serve some period in the military and remains a member of a civilian militia for most of their lives. Every one of them has received proper military training in using those weapons and undergoes "refresher" training on a periodic basis.

The US could stand such a requirement.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 6:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This one is really ludicrous!

It takes a really warped mind to come up with this stuff.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 7:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gun types seem to love violent movies too. Who would consider such a violent movie "entertaining"? It takes a real psychopath to come up with this one:

Such movies should be banned - not used as gun propaganda!
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 7:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And the one with poorest "in your face" taste - a slap in the face to those of us who want to put that unfortunate period of our violent European history behind us:

Only a very demented mind would think that is funny!
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 7:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gotta love this logic. What would you expect from the gun propaganda types?

Cold weather causes murder! In other words, anything but guns cause murder!

That's the type of logic that keeps us from having the common sense expanded instant background check system passed by the Senate!
 Post Number: 9
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 7:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The bigger difference is a lack of gun nuttery in Switzerland, that has increased dramatically here in America since Wayne LaPierre turned the NRA into a propaganda machine.  In just the last week we had a local incident where a five year old killed a seven year old with a gun left lying around at birthday party. And another of a six year old killing an adult when she found a gun in the backseat of the car, picked it up and shot through the driver's side carseat. In another recent incident a loaded gun was found in a residential daycare within reach of the children the owner was caring for. It was found due to the death of an infant in the daycare.

These incidents are so common now I suspect there will be something similar this week. They are due largely to the attitude of gun nuts who believe the 2nd Amendment means they don't have to take any responsibility whatsoever for gun ownership.
 Post Number: 10
Roger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2014, 3:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Got to love the way folks use numbers.  If one assumes that the number are correct 219 million gun in the US for 313.9 million people does not = 88.8% gun ownership.   One person could own all 219 million guns and the rest zero or they could be distributed equally across the population.  Data shows that a large percent of the gun owning population own multiple guns which of course would decrease the percent of the population owning guns.

--------------
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain
 Post Number: 11
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2014, 5:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I like this one

Post Number: 12
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2014, 5:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Apr. 22 2014, 2:03 pm)
I like this one

Who's the bigger drama queen, you or her?
 Post Number: 13
Westhiker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2014, 6:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Apr. 22 2014, 5:03 pm)
I like this one

+ 1

Nice stance she has!
 Post Number: 14
Scot Search for posts by this member.
Some light Slayer please...

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2014, 9:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Apr. 21 2014, 7:55 am)

The bigger difference is a lack of gun nuttery in Switzerland, that has increased dramatically here in America since Wayne LaPierre turned the NRA into a propaganda machine.  In just the last week we had a local incident where a five year old killed a seven year old with a gun left lying around at birthday party. And another of a six year old killing an adult when she found a gun in the backseat of the car, picked it up and shot through the driver's side carseat. In another recent incident a loaded gun was found in a residential daycare within reach of the children the owner was caring for. It was found due to the death of an infant in the daycare.

These incidents are so common now I suspect there will be something similar this week. They are due largely to the attitude of gun nuts who believe the 2nd Amendment means they don't have to take any responsibility whatsoever for gun ownership.

Please tell me the last time you were in Switzerland...

Please define "so common." Fuzzy words need definition...

--------------
The tree of liberty must be renewed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots for it is its natural manure
 Post Number: 15
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2014, 9:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Scot @ Apr. 23 2014, 9:33 am)
Please tell me the last time you were in Switzerland...

Just curious...what does the frequency of a visit have to do with understanding a culture?
 Post Number: 16
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2014, 10:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If the number of guns that my gun owning friends own are any indication of the national average, fewer than one person in three or four own any guns. Many of them have a dozen or more.

I shoot several times a year and occasionally hunt, but I've never really needed to buy a gun because the friends that I shoot with are willing to let me use one of theirs.

If everyone that didn't own a gun wanted guns to be banned, they would have been banned a long time ago. On the other side of that equation, a percentage of the people that are in possession of a gun, do so for criminal purposes. Gun owners may take umbrage at being called "gun nuts," but a percentage are truly obsessive compulsives and some of them are dangerous. I have three acquaintances that were once friends but now are outright shunned by my social circle, because of waving guns around irresponsibly.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 17
Westhiker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 25 2014, 8:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ecocentric @ Apr. 23 2014, 10:28 am)
If the number of guns that my gun owning friends own are any indication of the national average, fewer than one person in three or four own any guns.

Stay tuned!

WASHINGTON — A record surge in recent firearms production and transactions have swamped the federal government's automated registration system for select weapons, including machine guns.

http://www.usatoday.com/story....8115273
 Post Number: 18
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 25 2014, 8:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

She kinda looks like she would like very much to be eaten by a Wolf!!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
17 replies since Apr. 20 2014, 7:28 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Gun Graphics
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions