2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Looks like NYC will be...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
TDale Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 5:17 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

banning hammers soon:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014....rooklyn

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 6:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ May 09 2014, 5:17 am)

Only hammers with pistol grips.
 Post Number: 3
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 7:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just call 911. They'll dispatch a LEO to help.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 4
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 8:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There's nothing in that article about banning hammers. Where did you get that from?
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 9:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

HG, YFI, you make me laugh

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 6
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 9:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And, of course, laughter is the best medicine!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 4:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

TDale, I was just checking to see if you could actually think beyond the bumper sticker that inspired this thread. Didn't really think you could but thought I'd give it a shot.  Go back to hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. No one is playing to pass a law against it.
 Post Number: 8
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 5:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

TDale may be BillBabs sock puppet. They both have a single purpose, guns for everyone, and a single arrow in their quiver; anyone that disagrees is an idiot.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 5:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The thing about TDale is he doesn't have enough sense to know how stupid a thread like this is. He actually thinks he's being clever.
 Post Number: 10
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 5:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you aren't astro-turfing, how do you post a thread on a subject that already has a thread from the immediately preceding day?  Not that the topic was buried or anything.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." áSteve McQueen
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 9:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

See, if you can't answer rationally, just be insulting.

--------------
 Post Number: 12
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 10:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What do you expect from the Saturday Evening Convicts League?

You know I kid TDale.

Does Zeke not have a point? Does his question not deserve a "rational" answer? Are you unwilling to do that but willing to label what you fail to address as irrational?

Have a great day everyone!

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 10:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He doesn't know how. He doesn't even really understand the point of his thread. He just saw some other yahoo on-line say, "Well I guess NYC is going to ban hammers now...yuk..yuk..yuk" and then decided to continue the meme here.
 Post Number: 14
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 11:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There are 42 responses right now to the other thread about NY banning assault weapons, based on looks.  6 of them are from TDale, so it isn't like he didn't know the other thread was there.  Just another turf war, it appears to me.

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." áSteve McQueen
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2014, 3:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ May 10 2014, 9:50 am)
See, if you can't answer rationally, just be insulting.

Once again, humorless leftists.  

And BTW, it's one thing to find some humor unfunny.
It's quite another to not even recognize it as being humor.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2014, 3:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(double cabin @ May 10 2014, 10:00 am)
Does Zeke not have a point?

Really?  astroturfing?  This thread is an example of astroturfing?

Does his question not deserve a "rational" answer?
Perhaps.  So let's try this.  The "other" thread was a serious discussioin about the merits vs utter stupidity of cosmetic definitions of "assault rifle".  This thread is a tongue in cheek romp down the whole notion of banning stuff 'cause someone does something scary with it.
 Post Number: 17
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2014, 7:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

KenV
Perhaps. áSo let's try this. áThe "other" thread was a serious discussioin about the merits vs utter stupidity of cosmetic definitions of "assault rifle". áThis thread is a tongue in cheek romp down the whole notion of banning stuff 'cause someone does something scary with it.

It is more than a "tongue in cheek romp down the whole notion of banning stuff 'cause someone does something scary with it". This thread points out that a hammer is a tool like a gun that CAN be used as an offensive weapon. TDale's OP addresses a VERY serious situation to Brooklyn subway riders. Brooklyn subway riders are being attacked and robbed with a person using a hammer.

These hammer robberies are much different than robberies where a gun is pointed at the victim and the victim ordered to hand over her purse or wallet. This robber attacks the victim first with a potentially deadly blow to the head, then takes the purse or wallet. The victims have been injured severely - nearly killed. So this robber is much more dangerous than a robber using a gun.

I think that TDale's OP áis bringing up three very good points for our consideration:
(1) The hammer is an offensive weapon.
(2) The robber doesn't care if he kills - is mentally ill and should not be walking around freely in America.
(3) There should be a subway attendant or security present to protect riders.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: May 15 2014, 2:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ May 13 2014, 7:14 am)
KenV
Perhaps. áSo let's try this. áThe "other" thread was a serious discussioin about the merits vs utter stupidity of cosmetic definitions of "assault rifle". áThis thread is a tongue in cheek romp down the whole notion of banning stuff 'cause someone does something scary with it.

It is more than a "tongue in cheek romp down the whole notion of banning stuff 'cause someone does something scary with it". This thread points out that a hammer is a tool like a gun that CAN be used as an offensive weapon. TDale's OP addresses a VERY serious situation to Brooklyn subway riders. Brooklyn subway riders are being attacked and robbed with a person using a hammer.

These hammer robberies are much different than robberies where a gun is pointed at the victim and the victim ordered to hand over her purse or wallet. This robber attacks the victim first with a potentially deadly blow to the head, then takes the purse or wallet. The victims have been injured severely - nearly killed. So this robber is much more dangerous than a robber using a gun.

I think that TDale's OP áis bringing up three very good points for our consideration:
(1) The hammer is an offensive weapon.
(2) The robber doesn't care if he kills - is mentally ill and should not be walking around freely in America.
(3) There should be a subway attendant or security present to protect riders.

Those are indeed three good points that should be considered

And none of them even remotely suggests we consider "banning hammers".  Hence my "tongue in cheek romp" characterization.
17 replies since May 09 2014, 5:17 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Looks like NYC will be...
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions