2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Romney on minimum wage:, 'We ought to raise it'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 4:27 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"I think we ought to raise it, because frankly, our party is all about more jobs and better pay, and I think communicating that is important to us," Romney added in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

I don't know whether to be surprised or not? Or shocked?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 4:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Romney needs to clarify who he (and GOP) believes  should be getting better pay.

His concept of the Deserving might be debatable.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 3
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 4:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just more evidence that the Republican party is moving even farther right at a faster rate. Now Romney is more of a supporter of the working class, McCain isn't enough of a war monger, and Issah isn't enough of a lying thief. Time to climb on the bus for it's race to the cliff. Who is driving? Maybe it's the Cuban from Canada that wants to protect us from immigrants.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 4
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 4:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Old Frank @ May 09 2014, 1:39 pm)
Romney needs to clarify who he (and GOP) believes  should be getting better pay.

More of the full quote shows the obvious target: people making minim wage now..
""I, for instance, as you know, part company with many of the conservatives in my party on the issue of the minimum wage," the 2012 GOP presidential nominee said Friday morning.
"I think we ought to raise it, because frankly, our party is all about more jobs and better pay, and I think communicating that is important to us," Romney added in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe.""

Also, from the article, it appears he's been more for raising it than against raising it.
 Post Number: 5
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2014, 5:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ May 09 2014, 4:52 pm)

""I, for instance, as you know, part company with many of the conservatives in my party on the issue of the minimum wage," the 2012 GOP presidential nominee said Friday morning.
"I think we ought to raise it, because frankly, our party is all about more jobs and better pay, and I think communicating that is important to us," Romney added in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe.""

Also, from the article, it appears he's been more for raising it than against raising it.

Not really all that surprising, just some clear evidence that he does not intend to take part in any Primary electioneering for a Republican candidate for 2016.

After all, Romney is the guy who worked with the Democrats in Massachusetts to put "Romneycare" in place and increase the health insurance participation in that state to the highest in the country.

Also provided some beta testing for Obamacare, neh?   :cool:

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 6
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 3:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ May 09 2014, 4:52 pm)

Thanks for including that part of his interview.  I missed it, and I am a little surprised.

If that Romney had showed up in 2012, instead of the other Romney, he might have had a chance in the election (but not in getting nominated).

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
5 replies since May 09 2014, 4:27 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Romney on minimum wage:
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions