2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Liberal Bully of the Week, Climate-Change Con Artists< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 9:48 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

App[arently this is a regular column in the Washington Times:
It’s all about government bureaucrats and academia bullying people into feeling ashamed of their productivity and prosperity, making us feel frightened enough to accept more government control over our lives and our wallets. We’re also prodded to hate American industry, which has made lives around the world so much better. Politicians get more power, scientists get more funding, and elite liberals get to look down their noses at peasants who dare to enjoy luxuries that should be reserved for aristocrats… such as driving around in affordable, comfortable cars. There’s less science and more hysteria in the climate change… excuse me, climate disruption… movement every year. They don’t care how often they get everything wrong, because their computer models will always say the end is nigh, and it’s time for America to repent.

If the above writing is an example of conservative "thought" which shapes opinion on the right, it explains a lot of things.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 9:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

REPENT, USA, REPENT!

dons his hair shirt and searches for his flail

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 3
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 10:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ May 10 2014, 7:48 am)
.... We’re also prodded to hate American industry, which has made lives around the world so much better. Politicians get more power, scientists get more funding, and elite liberals get to look down their noses at peasants who dare to enjoy luxuries that should be reserved for aristocrats… such as driving around in affordable, comfortable cars. There’s less science and more hysteria in the climate change… excuse me, climate disruption… ...

If the above writing is an example of conservative "thought" which shapes opinion on the right, it explains a lot of things.

"Luxeries" like food can become scarce.  The California drought really hit produce in neighboring states.  Couldn't get a decent head of lettuce and then going out to eat, the restaurant had a bit of romaine with old iceberg deeper in the sandwich.  

Not so much alarmist, just crops will gradually move and higher prices may become part of the landscape.  California cattle had to get trucked east this year but remember when Texas cattle were being trucked north for the first time a couple years back?  Q: Who's going to pay?  A: beef eaters.  Nevada farmers are switching to drought-resistant grape but will wine and cheese jive with the cowboy culture?  Maybe Village People YMCA cowboys perhaps...

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 4
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 10:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ May 10 2014, 9:48 am)
It’s all about government bureaucrats and academia bullying people into feeling ashamed of their productivity and prosperity, making us feel frightened enough to accept more government control over our lives and our wallets. We’re also prodded to hate American industry, which has made lives around the world so much better. Politicians get more power, scientists get more funding, and elite liberals get to look down their noses at peasants who dare to enjoy luxuries that should be reserved for aristocrats… such as driving around in affordable, comfortable cars. There’s less science and more hysteria in the climate change… excuse me, climate disruption… movement every year. They don’t care how often they get everything wrong, because their computer models will always say the end is nigh, and it’s time for America to repent.

Is it any surprise that the writer is a former radio shock jock?
 Post Number: 5
craigwill Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 1:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ May 10 2014, 10:15 am)

(Drift Woody @ May 10 2014, 9:48 am)

Is it any surprise that the writer is a former radio shock jock?

It's amazing how little talent or intelligence it takes to regurgitate all of the right wing talking points - and then actually make a living doing it.
 Post Number: 6
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 2:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(craigwill @ May 10 2014, 12:41 pm)
It's amazing how little talent or intelligence it takes to regurgitate all of the right wing talking points - and then actually make a living doing it.

More disturbing is how many people nod their heads in agreement with such tripe.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 7
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 10 2014, 2:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

This guy knows his comments are BS.  ditto for most of the commentators on right-wing radio/tv.

They are not gullible dummies.  

But, they are aware they make a ton of $ from people who are gullible dummies.

And, as long as the gullible will keep forking up $ (by tuning in) to get re-assured, the more-clever will keep dishing out BS.

A valid form of good old-fashioned capitalism:    Spot suckers, and take their money.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
6 replies since May 10 2014, 9:48 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Liberal Bully of the Week
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions