2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 612345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Obama does it again< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 8:50 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Once again, Obama caters to the Taliban.

He exchanges four detainees from Gitmo for Bowe Bergdahl.

(Hmmm, I just cant seem to be able to post like a Faux News sockpuppet.)

But anycows, Bowe was released after five years of being a POW and is at Landstuhl for evaluation.

Discuss.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 9:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You can't even count.  It was five detainees.  And he did it breaking a law he signed.  But, he did issue a signing statement saying he would ignore it as he signed it into law.

Yep, O did it again.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 9:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Needs to pass off those Gitmo prisoners somehow, and getting one of our own back in exchange seems like a good deal.  One of these days we will need to let all of the Gitmo prisoners go, or find a prison in the US to keep them in.  No other country wants them, and we will have to do something sooner or later.  I don't see us funding a special prison in Gitmo forever.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 4
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 10:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Even though there hasn't been a full debriefing, it appears that Bowe Bergdahl wasn't tortured or humiliated by his captors.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 5
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 10:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What? They didn't put women's underwear on his head?  Or threaten to turn dogs on him when he was naked?  They treated him humanely?  Are we talking about these same, less than human, terrorist AQ cells?  They treated their prisoner better than this civilized country treated theirs?  Blasphemer.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 12:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Jun. 01 2014, 10:42 am)
What? They didn't put women's underwear on his head?  Or threaten to turn dogs on him when he was naked?  They treated him humanely?  Are we talking about these same, less than human, terrorist AQ cells?  They treated their prisoner better than this civilized country treated theirs?  Blasphemer.  

You haven't even been through a full summer in Florida and the sun's already affecting you, OZ.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 7
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 12:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd say the thirty day notice is covered by the year of Qatari restraint so a pragmatic move.

But if Boehner wants to get a House Republican bill passed requiring the United States return the troop back to the Taliban for further imprisonment (since they didn't get their 30 days heads up) I'm sure the Senate would be more than happy to debate the bill on its merits.

Please, please make that happen.    :)
 Post Number: 8
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 12:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How is Fox news covering this story ... will they characterize Bergdahl as they did when he was captured?
When it was first reported that he had been captured, Fox News brought in their “strategic analyst” Lt. Col. Ralph Peters to offer his opinion on the matter. Whereupon Peters, without any evidence, declared that Bergdahl was a liar, a deserter, and that “the Taliban can save us a lot of legal hassles and legal bills,” presumably by killing him.

Peters also appeared on Bill O’Reilly’s show where they both demeaned Bergdahl as “crazy,” showing little sympathy for his plight or the suffering of his family.
link

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 12:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

C'mon y'all, let's talk baseball.  Anything other than O breaking a law he signed.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 2:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Which law is that TDale?
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 5:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Interested to see the various America haters demanding captured American troops be abandoned to the enemy  like this. Brings back of fond memories of when Nixon and Ford did the same thing in the 70's. "POW'S? What POW'S?"  Glad to see some political stripes don't change their coloration.

I imagine they'll really whine were he to need V.A. medical care.....

Looking forward to the introduction of that legislation demanding he be returned to Taliban imprisonment! :)
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 6:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't know the specific law but:

"A senior administration official, agreeing to speak on the condition of anonymity to explain the timing of the congressional notification, acknowledged that the law was not followed. When he signed the law last year, Obama issued a signing statement contending that the notification requirement was an unconstitutional infringement on his powers as commander in chief and that he therefore could override it. "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politic....nt.html

When they start requiring anonymity to speak, it's not good.

--------------
 Post Number: 13
mtnsteve Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 6:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The NRA and Republicans prefer to swap weapons for prisoners.

--------------
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
Helen Keller
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 7:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Jun. 01 2014, 6:01 pm)

Of course not. What a surprise.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 7:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jun. 01 2014, 7:20 pm)

(TDale @ Jun. 01 2014, 6:01 pm)

Of course not. What a surprise.

badumpbump

See?  You have a future as a bad Don Rickles imitator.

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 7:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/powmia-home.html
 Post Number: 17
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 8:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ Jun. 01 2014, 5:41 pm)

That may not be the preferred route to a gun free America. But that is one good way to eliminate guns in the US - confiscate all guns in the US and send them to the Taliban in exchange for prisoners. Let the Taliban kill each other with them - rather than Americans killing each other with them!

mtnsteve, you are a genius!
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2014, 9:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ Jun. 01 2014, 3:41 pm)

Might have been too subtle do let's lay it out:

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1889.html
 Post Number: 19
mocamper1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 11:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

U.S. Army Warrior Ethos:

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

Until this point, I held the CIC responsible for not getting this guy back. Obama has no sense of the Warrior Ethos.  There are still several U.S. citizens being held by other countries like Iran and Mexico that demonstrate this. Not enough is being done to get them back.

That said, if this soldier did, as many allege, desert his post, he should be held accountable.  He definitely did not adhere to the Warrior Ethos.

--------------
"It's time to be immortal 'cause heroes never die!"
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 11:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Jun. 01 2014, 9:49 pm)

Well!  I guess two wrongs make a right.  A right to ignore law.

--------------
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 11:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Jun. 02 2014, 11:48 am)

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Jun. 01 2014, 9:49 pm)

Well!  I guess two wrongs make a right.  A right to ignore law.

A law you still haven't been able to locate.
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 11:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A brain you still haven't been able to use.

--------------
 Post Number: 23
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 12:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Tdale

are you wasted yet today?

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 12:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Jun. 02 2014, 12:00 pm)
Hey Tdale

are you wasted yet today?

You were wasted at birth, Dennis.

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 12:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm really worried about that TDale. Collecting golf balls for a living must be a stressful job.
 Post Number: 26
mocamper1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 12:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, you guys vying for the douche bag of the forums award?

--------------
"It's time to be immortal 'cause heroes never die!"
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 12:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mocamper1 @ Jun. 02 2014, 12:19 pm)

mo, they go lower and lower as I keep hammering them.  

S'ok.  They're gnats on the golf course of my life and I got DEET.

If I had the equivalent of liberal permethrin I could be rid of them.

--------------
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 12:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah that TDale, is quite the victim. He could get back to the topic and tell us what law was broken, but he'd rather just be an ass.
 Post Number: 29
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 12:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Jun. 02 2014, 12:35 pm)

(mocamper1 @ Jun. 02 2014, 12:19 pm)

mo, they go lower and lower as I keep hammering them.  

S'ok.  They're gnats on the golf course of my life and I got DEET.

If I had the equivalent of liberal permethrin I could be rid of them.

You've never hammered anyone in your entire life

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2014, 12:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

There are still several U.S. citizens being held by other countries like Iran and Mexico that demonstrate this.

Giggle: what moral let alone political leverage do we have what with Republicans touting Gitmo as the best there is and happy as a clam to make sure it stays open and populated with other nation's citizens? American citizens are at the mercy of the nation they choose to visit. Just like their citizens are when they visit here (or we kidnap them from somewhere else...). "Warrior ethos" my tushy.

And please, the United States has a tawdry long history of leaving people behind, from the tens of thousands abandoned as too inconvenient after WWII that were left to rot in Soviet Gulags having been "liberated" by Soviet troops from Nazi POW camps through to the POW/MIAs of Vietnam. Ex.: NO ONE made it to the ground alive of all those aircraft shot down over Cambodia and Laos? Total B.S.

ETA: Oh and just how is "the CIC" responsible for someone who voluntarily abandons his post and disappears over a hill in a war zone? Negotiate with "terrorists"?
151 replies since Jun. 01 2014, 8:50 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 612345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Obama does it again
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions