2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Really cool software, Sagelight< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
mtnsteve Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 11 2011, 6:04 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have been playing with this for some time. If you can't afford Adobe Lightroom or are tired of using bootleg software, give this a look. NOTE: PC Only!

Sagelight Blog

Sagelight Technology

--------------
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
Helen Keller
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2011, 1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good score.  I hadn't heard anything about it, thanks for that. :)

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 3
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 22 2011, 12:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, thanks for the tip.  I'm actually looking for some kind of affordable image processing software right now*, so this is very timely.  

*Took a bunch of stunning shots at Crater Lake.  Dust on the sensor.  Don't have anything to correct it.   :p

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2011, 8:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Glad you guys liked it. What amazes me most is it's all done by one guy who listens to everyone about how to improve it. Each release is better than the last. Much of it is over my head but I'm slowly learning. I can do things in a couple minutes that took me half an hour with other programs.

TehipiteTom... Wireworm, in the plug in filters, works great for dust and spots, but I suspect you figured that out already. Have you posted your photos?

--------------
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2011, 1:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ Jun. 28 2011, 5:13 pm)
Glad you guys liked it. What amazes me most is it's all done by one guy who listens to everyone about how to improve it. Each release is better than the last. Much of it is over my head but I'm slowly learning. I can do things in a couple minutes that took me half an hour with other programs.

TehipiteTom... Wireworm, in the plug in filters, works great for dust and spots, but I suspect you figured that out already. Have you posted your photos?

No, I hadn't figured it out--wow, that looks amazing!  I really need to get it.  

I've been using the cloning brush to remove dust.  First efforts were a little clumsy, but I'm getting the hang of it; still, it's a tedious process, and WireWorm will be a major quality of life improvement.  

Here's one that had a couple of prominent dust spots:

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
 Post Number: 6
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2011, 1:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh wow, that is good.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 21 2011, 11:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ Jun. 28 2011, 5:13 pm)
TehipiteTom... Wireworm, in the plug in filters, works great for dust and spots, but I suspect you figured that out already.

Finally got around to downloading it, and I've been playing around with it over the last week or so.  Love it!

Here are some shots from last December that highlight the maddening amount of sensor dust I had at the time...along with their post-Wireworm counterparts.  

DSC_6796 by Tom Hilton, on Flickr

The Picnic Table Fixed by Tom Hilton, on Flickr

DSC_6807 by Tom Hilton, on Flickr

Mt Diablo 01 by Tom Hilton, on Flickr

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 24 2011, 12:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice results Tom.  Great photos too! 

The next release is suppose to be this weekend and will have several new features to work with.  Sagelight Forum

--------------
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2011, 1:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ Sep. 23 2011, 9:20 pm)
Nice results Tom.  Great photos too! 

The next release is suppose to be this weekend and will have several new features to work with.  Sagelight Forum

Thanks!  And thanks for the tip.  This is great stuff.

Looking foward to the new features.  I might have to play around with some tilt/shift images...

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 24 2011, 12:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sagelight 4.2 is out.  
Very nice  :)

--------------
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: May 30 2012, 1:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sagelight 4.3 is now out.

If you own a camera you really need to look at this  :)

--------------
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 12
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: May 30 2012, 1:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That is cooool....

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: May 30 2012, 3:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mtnsteve @ May 29 2012, 10:11 pm)
Sagelight 4.3 is now out.

If you own a camera you really need to look at this  :)

Gonna download the update when I get home.

And then I'm gonna have me some fun with the HDR.  :;):

--------------
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2012, 4:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Did some playing around with the single-shot HDR function in 4.3.  Here are some images illustrating the HDR presets (you can fiddle around with each; I didn't).  

First, a shot I took two years ago in Little Slide Canyon:

The "artistic" (i.e., super-artificial-looking) HDR:

The black & white HDR:

The highlight-recovery setting:

Stark HDR:

I'm not a huge fan of HDR generally (I think it's over-overused--that is, too many people use it, and they use too much of it), but I can see these being useful in smaller doses (especially the HDR black & white).  Sagelight has an undo slider, so you can always pull it back a ways if an effect is over the top.

--------------
 Post Number: 15
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2012, 12:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was so impressed with Sagelight that just a few hours of playing with the free download that I bought it. There is a sale going on. $39.95 with free upgrades for like. Usually, it's $79.95.

I think I'm going to have some fun with it. Thanks for mentioning it.

Here is one I was just playing with. The first one was already somewhat enhanced using Irfanview free software. It looks kind of pale next to the Sagelight enhanced one. I didn't go beyond Quickedit for this picture.

Before Sagelight.

With Sagelight.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
14 replies since Jun. 11 2011, 6:04 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Really cool software
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions