2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Photos of My Recent Trip< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 7:22 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

More traveling than hiking... I went on a trip recently to the Caucasus (Georgia and Armenia) -- then Iran -- and then the various Arabian Gulf States (Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and UAE).  I have uploaded some pics of my trip.  If interested, please click here.  Thanks.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 9:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for sharing those pictures.  I'm a little jealous.  My wife won't quit her job so we aren't able to travel very far for very long.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2013, 11:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks, llamapacker!

Yeah, there are both plus and minuses for being married versus staying single.  I only have to lock my front door and I can go traveling for months on end.  My poor dad -- he so wants to do a "round the world" cruise -- but my mom doesn't like cruising and will only humor my dad and go on short cruises.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 4
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2013, 11:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, life is full of trade offs and decisions.  Live with no regrets and make the most of this short existence.
 Post Number: 5
DonTom Search for posts by this member.
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2013, 6:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Nov. 29 2013, 8:30 pm)
Thanks, llamapacker!

Yeah, there are both plus and minuses for being married versus staying single.  I only have to lock my front door and I can go traveling for months on end.  My poor dad -- he so wants to do a "round the world" cruise -- but my mom doesn't like cruising and will only humor my dad and go on short cruises.

I agree with your mom. I thought 10 days was way too long. Our three day cruise was a lot more tolerable, IMO. A guy I work with went for a world cruise and he said he would never do that again!

Here we are on our last boring cruise, somewhere near Cedros Island:

BTW, have you made it to Yosemite yet, or are you still skipping most of the pages in the book from your favorite  quote?

-Don-  SSF, CA

--------------
-Don- South San Francisco, CA or Cold Springs Valley, NV (near Reno).
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2013, 3:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You two don't look happy at all...  :D

Yeah, so many more pages to read...

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Loon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2013, 11:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, thanks for sharing. Lots of history! I enjoy seeing the  scenes of  everyday life too. I'm up to picture 300, will continue later...
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2013, 1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for viewing, Loon!   :)

--------------
 Post Number: 9
solonomad Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2013, 3:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great pics, Sir. You're a regular "Paul Theroux"!!

I've been to Kuwait and one of the more fascinating aspects of it is the diversity of dress that is widely accepted in public places.

Question if you don't mind. Did you go into & travel within Iran solo or were you with a tour operator?

--------------
"When you travel; if you avoid the people, reject the food, ignore the customs, and fear the religion...you might as well stay home"
                                      James A. Michener
 Post Number: 10
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2013, 3:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

500 photos, loaded up.  I dare not imagine your editing process, narrowing them down to 508.  Thanks for the pics, but it seems like you spent a great deal of time looking at the world through your camera lens.  Light, composition, and all that.  Still, nice of you to share.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 07 2013, 12:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Howdy ol-zeke!  I didn't think I spend "that much" time looking though the lens.  Or maybe I did?  Anyway, it was 60 days of traveling...  :D

--------------
 Post Number: 12
swimswithtrout Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 08 2013, 12:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Very nice Ben ! I love the shots of the ruins at Naqsh-e-Rostam and Persepolis in particular.

--------------
Want to see The Wind River Range in widescreen 1080p ?
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2013, 8:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks, Swimswithtrout!  Yes, Persepolis was built to impress -- and after a good 2,300 years of deterioration, it still does.

--------------
 Post Number: 14
Starbreaker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2013, 10:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great photo's but I need to ask wth you do for a living that you can do these things if you don't mind me asking?
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2013, 10:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(solonomad @ Dec. 03 2013, 12:12 pm)
Great pics, Sir. You're a regular "Paul Theroux"!!

I've been to Kuwait and one of the more fascinating aspects of it is the diversity of dress that is widely accepted in public places.

Question if you don't mind. Did you go into & travel within Iran solo or were you with a tour operator?

Oops, missed your thread -- sorry!  Answering your question, I went to Iran by myself.  Thanks for looking!

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2013, 10:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Starbreaker @ Dec. 26 2013, 7:41 pm)
Great photo's but I need to ask wth you do for a living that you can do these things if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!  I am retired, actually, so lots of time to travel.   :D

--------------
 Post Number: 17
Tipi Walter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2013, 12:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for sharing you fotogs.  I especially like your 2009 Panama Canal album as I spent 2 years in the Zone and thruout the Interior when I was a member of Uncle Sam's School for Boys Who Hate Flying (USAF).  Your jungle pics bring back green memories.

And I also liked your 2012 Caribbean shots as I spent several weeks on the island of Tobago in '89.  Several of your shots reminded me of the Nylon Pools---a great snorkeling destination.

You could also consider using Smugmug which is a pretty good site for photo organization.

--------------
http://trailjournals.com/TipiWalter11

http://tipiwalter.smugmug.com/
 Post Number: 18
Starbreaker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2013, 1:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 26 2013, 10:53 pm)

(Starbreaker @ Dec. 26 2013, 7:41 pm)

Thanks!  I am retired, actually, so lots of time to travel.   :D

Wow, very cool..  Something tells me I had better pay more attention to my retirement plan.  I am completely inept when i comes for investing/retirement plans.  I should have just enough to make sure I am buried in a shallow hole...lol  Those are GREAT trip photos...
17 replies since Nov. 27 2013, 7:22 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Photos of My Recent Trip
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions