2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Your favorite spaghetti recipe?, What works for you?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
treelinebackpacker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2012, 12:45 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just wondering if anyone has experimented with dehydrated spaghetti.
Any good recipes floating around out there?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2012, 3:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, My wife  and I dehydrate spaghetti. She uses the dry sauce packet, not sure what brand, and then we mix it with the noodles and dehydrate it. Yhen for the meat we use either dehydrated  TVP or hamburger or freeze dried hamburger. We  add the meat when after or while we rehydrte it. It's easy to dehydrate spaghetti, I usually flip it over about 1/2 way thru to get it thoroughly dry.
 Post Number: 3
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2012, 7:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't even have to dehydrate my favorite.  Barilla tortellini is cooked and dehydrated on the shelf.  A 10-15 minute soak in hot water and it's ready to drain and sauce.  I make up pesto before leaving home and take along some parmesan cheese for one of the best trail meals I could ask for.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2012, 9:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

QCHIKER, Thanks for the tips!
I'm yet to use my dehydrator (just finally got one), and I'm pretty excited to try some interesting things. I was thinking about adding squash and zucchini to it.
I know exactly what Barilla product you're talking about, sadly, I can't find them anywhere around here. I've made them a few times at home, and they're delicious.
 Post Number: 5
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2012, 10:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.amazon.com/Barilla....0VJM4FO

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 6
bikehikefish Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2012, 12:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Walmarts site has them. I will have to try it
 Post Number: 7
buddero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2012, 8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I make a basic marinara with crushed tomatoes, Italian herbs, etc. and dehydrate that. I put the leather in the freezer, then into the blender to yield a highly concentrated powder. I guess because of the sugar in prepared marinara it tends to burn some when I dehydrate it.

I also like Wagner's chipotle cream sauce for spaghetti.

All with hamburger gravel.

In this thread I learned that there may be marinara mix to which I can just add water? I'll try that!

--------------
Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty
If your cup is full, may it be again

Journal and links to refugees, backpacking, travel in Asia, photos, honky-tonk angels, other beautiful things...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 04 2012, 7:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

@buddero. That sounds pretty tasty.
I have a recipe that involves cream of mushroom soup being mixed with the marinara (amazing!) but I have no idea how cream of mushroom will dehydrate?
I just received my dehydrator, and as a trial run I'm doing some left over ziti, and a bunch of strawberries, just because I like strawberries.
I'll know how it goes in the morning.
How long do you guys normally dehydrate your fruits? Pastas?
7 replies since Oct. 29 2012, 12:45 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Your favorite spaghetti recipe?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions