2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Well, Since Y'all Asked So Nicely..., Instant Ground Beef Gravel Meat Pies.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
TJCeeJay Search for posts by this member.
Take a Hike!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 9:41 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not quite instant, but close enough for me.

Ingredients:

Ready to Fill precooked tart cups / shells. (Or canape cups / shells) - Find these in the bread isle or the baking isle.

Some mini Babybel cheese. (Or those little real cheese singles.)

The Ground beef that you already seasoned, cooked, dehydrated, sealed and brought camping.

How to: Make.

Take some of your gravel and rehydrate it. Put it into the tart shells. Shred or slice the cheese and cover the top of the beef right to the edge of the tart shell. "Bake" in your cookpot for just long enough to melt the cheese. (A couple minutes.) Now eat.

Note: Use whatever seasoning you want for the beef, and whichever type of cheese you please.

How to: Eat.

Make chewing motions and direct food towards your face.   :p

Enjoy!

--------------
MAY THE WIND BE ALWAYS AT YOUR BACK, AND THE PATH ALWAYS RISE UP TO MEET YOUR FEET.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013, 7:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That sounds like some good stuff. I have some gravel in the refrig and may try that out.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 3
OldGuyWalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013, 10:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

sounds like a bacon cheeseburger pie the finicky 10yr old would eat.

Nice tip!
 Post Number: 4
TJCeeJay Search for posts by this member.
Take a Hike!

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2013, 11:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oooooh! Just thought of a CRAZY good addition to the mini meat pies; layer the bottom and sides of the tart cups with shelf stable BACON! Cover the tart cups with 3 pieces of bacon crisscrossed over each other, then push the bacon down to the bottom so that the bottom and sides of the cup are baconised. NOW fill with the rehydrated beef gravel, then fold the rest of the bacon over the top of the ground beef.  The bacon can now be covered with the shredded cheese. Oh gawd, I think I need to be alone for a minute...

Cheers!

--------------
MAY THE WIND BE ALWAYS AT YOUR BACK, AND THE PATH ALWAYS RISE UP TO MEET YOUR FEET.
 Post Number: 5
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 05 2013, 12:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You could make and put a layer of instant mashed potatoes on the beef under the cheese.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 6
OldGuyWalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 07 2013, 11:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TJCeeJay @ Mar. 04 2013, 10:14 pm)
Oooooh! Just thought of a CRAZY good addition to the mini meat pies; layer the bottom and sides of the tart cups with shelf stable BACON! Cover the tart cups with 3 pieces of bacon crisscrossed over each other, then push the bacon down to the bottom so that the bottom and sides of the cup are baconised. NOW fill with the rehydrated beef gravel, then fold the rest of the bacon over the top of the ground beef. áThe bacon can now be covered with the shredded cheese. Oh gawd, I think I need to be alone for a minute...

Cheers!

and then substitute gravel and put in bacon bits?
5 replies since Feb. 26 2013, 9:41 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Well, Since Y'all Asked So Nicely...
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions