2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Whatever happened to "MasterHiker2012"?, He must have been cooked!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
waterdog Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2013, 1:41 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, what did he cook up?

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
I'm more comfortable with unanswered questions than I am with unquestioned answers.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2013, 2:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He wasn't banned.  His thread is still there, profile is still active.  He's just isn't posting to the thread much any more, it would seem.  Read into that what you will.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
waterdog Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2013, 12:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I just found it odd. I didn't think he'd been banned. Hell, I haven't been banned yet! But I thought it was a funny graphic.

--------------
I'm more comfortable with unanswered questions than I am with unquestioned answers.
 Post Number: 4
wcolucci Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 17 2013, 3:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

me thinks folks was a tad harsh with him.

--------------
getting old stinks...but it beats the alternative
 Post Number: 5
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 17 2013, 5:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wcolucci @ Apr. 17 2013, 12:52 pm)

Well, no one likes to be condescended to.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 6
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 17 2013, 5:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RebeccaD @ Apr. 17 2013, 3:29 pm)

(wcolucci @ Apr. 17 2013, 12:52 pm)

Well, no one likes to be condescended to.

I see both sides.

I rolled my eyes when I saw his first post too.  Calls himself "MasterHiker" even though he admits (in another thread he started) that he hadn't actually gone hiking in years and was only now getting interested in it again, and then walks in with the "I'm a chef!" notion and explains he'll answer everyone's questions and fix everyone's problems with wilderness cooking, even though many folks have been cooking in the wilderness for many years and he, admittedly, hasn't at all.  Seemed a bit full of himself.  "Condescension" is a good word there.

That said, I doubt he was a troll.  Coulda been a valuable member of the boards.  I don't think he really did anything to warrant being "run off."

I find this thread a bit ironic, given the OP who whines like no tomorrow over in the THR about how harshly new members are treated on these forums.  Irony is funny.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 7
wcolucci Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2013, 9:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

good points Mike.

he kind of reminded me of Ron, the LL Bean fanatic.....(but at least he was a pretty humble kid...and polite as anyone I've seen here).  Remember him??

Some loaded up on him and I think Tigger (pre his hiatus from these boards), kind of came to his rescue...he turned out to be a lot of fun w/the wide eyed view of a newbie...all these new discoveries and what was working and not.

I guess I don't let "know it alls" bother me as much as it used to being the father of an eight year old daughter...

ya wanna talk about an expert in their own minds...and the raw enthusiasm to share their new found knowledge?  Looking back, I can remember my father listening to my bs in my mid 20's...30's  and remarking how interesting my concept(s) was??

yeah MaterhikerGhinzochef was way off base on his ideas but we all can't be as perfect as..say....moi

--------------
getting old stinks...but it beats the alternative
6 replies since Apr. 15 2013, 1:41 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Whatever happened to "MasterHiker2012"?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions