2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hey Lizs...  trail time coming up?, (and the rest of you for that matter)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
peeb Search for posts by this member.
Let's see who's been naughty, and who's been naughty!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 20 2012, 3:12 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lizs is always bugging me about any time I have to spend on the trail... which without my family is rare   :;):

There's a strong possibility that I will have some unprecendented free time during the week of September 17th, and I'm thinking of hitting the trail for local backpacking.  I can't go too far from home since my kidlet will be at a school science camp near Milwaukee that week and I would have to be available to get him if something went horribly wrong.  (Otherwise I'd be at PixRox, LOL)

Just wondering if there was any interest for a midwest get together in KM or some such.  I'm looking at maybe the 18th; the 19th and 20th are more likely.  If my hubby doesn't go to that conference in Boston, I'll probably not have the time.  But he doesn't really have a reason not to go.

Takers?

--------------
It's all so simple when you break it down scientifically - Nick Bakay
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Firedancer Search for posts by this member.
Colorado Dreamin'

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2012, 10:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd love to join you but will just be getting back from a 17 day vacation - I think my boss would kill me if I asked for another couple days off  :laugh:

--------------
The future is no place to place your better days.
Dave Matthews
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2012, 2:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I could see how the Boss wouldn't like that... :;):

Thanks, though! :)

--------------
 Post Number: 4
WisMike Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2012, 3:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can't (work during the week), but if you need help setting up a shuttle in KM South, feel free to post.

That reminds me, fall's right around the corner.  Was up north in Tomahawk last weekend.  Leaves were already starting to turn though we have another little warmer stretch on our hands here now.
 Post Number: 5
Eric H Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2012, 6:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some chance, but slim, that I could join you at KM. I'm seeing some mine campaign deadlines then that could keep me away from the woods.

I'm hoping to get to the Trap Hills later next week, do the whole Old M-64 to Old Victoria Traverse. Looks like fine fall like weather moving in.
 Post Number: 6
lizsbaby Search for posts by this member.
Hangin' in the Driftless  (google it!! ;-P)

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2012, 1:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for thinking of me, Peeb! I'm hitting good ole YRSF for car camping, maybe an overnight backpack and a little exploring in the area over Labor Day with a visiting friend. One adventure could be checking out a talus algific slope (or as I like to say, "talgific," lol) in the Driftless National Wildlife Refuge. It's a "secret" NWF with 9 or 10 units and only maybe 3 open to the public.

Anyway, I have to pretty much just do weekend stuff now. Tapped out of vacation... and money, too, for that matter! SUCKS!!! I do hope you get to go out and enjoy it. :)

--------------
"Our rocky blufftops are jewels on the crown of nature encircling us, and the Mississippi River is the artery and lifeblood of our existence here." Tim Jacobson, Mississippi Valley Conservancy
 Post Number: 7
thegriz1 Search for posts by this member.
Will hike for beer

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 26 2012, 10:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A possible here if I can get the old trail crew together to do a hike and make it worth my time to cruise back, but just may anyways and hike solo on the NCT so may have time, give me a couple days to sort things out, can do both I hope

--------------
Life is too short to drink cheap beer
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2012, 11:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh, nice that there might be some interest!  :)  I've lived in the midwest now for 8 years and haven't been able to meet up with anyone yet, LOL!

My hubby is still getting some details worked out.  I may be able to get out for as many as 2 nights mid-week that week.

We'll keep each other posted.

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 11 2012, 9:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Eric, griz, anyone else?

It looks like I have a green light for next Tuesday (9/18) for an overnight - I am looking at KM north (unless the shelters are unavailable - I'm looking in to that today) as my DH will actually be at home to take any phone calls from camp.

Send me a PM if you're still interested and have the time, and we'll work out the details.

peeb  :)

--------------
 Post Number: 10
WisMike Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 11 2012, 12:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

For anyone who didn't see, lizs suffered some severe injuries recently.  There is a now sticky thread in the main forum about it.
9 replies since Aug. 20 2012, 3:12 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Hey Lizs...  trail time coming up?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions