2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Michigan Trail Plan Public Comment< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Equipaje Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 24 2013, 9:01 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry that I didn't get this posted earlier, but the Michigan Snowmobile and Trail Advisory Council's Trail Plan is open for public comment.  This council was formed by the Governor to provide direction for the state improve and expand its trail offerings.

Public comment is due by the end of the day tomorrow, but if you have the time, you might want to check it out and comment.  I was concerned by the lack of focus on hiking and, especially, backpacking opportunities.  Hopefully some comments from us will help this get addressed in the next draft.

Link is on the Michigan DNR page:

Michigan DNR Home Page

Let's be heard!

Equipaje
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
isawtman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 8:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The plan seems really overweight for motorized trails, and the North Country Trail, Michigan's premier hiking trail isn't even hardly mentioned
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 1:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

They need to look at what other states have done and are successful with. For instance Iowa has done a lot with their water trails and has really done a great job of it. And if they look to their next door neighbor Wisconsin, they have done extremely well with the snowmobile trails and rails to trails conversions for bike trails. WI has both temporary snowmobile trails and they get to use the bike trails in the winter. Iowa is also big on equestrian trails especially at the state forests.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
2 replies since Jan. 24 2013, 9:01 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Michigan Trail Plan Public Comment
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions