2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Next trip recommendations?, Need some suggestions on another hike< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
rogeremeadows Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2012, 10:48 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

New to hiking/backpacking and have completed Moab, Rim to Rim and Maroon 4 pass.   Need some suggestions for a few trips next year.  Prefer 4-5 days.  

What are your favorite must do hikes?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 28 2012, 12:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cam you be a little more specific?  Your question covers a lot of ground.  Region of country, type of terrain,  level of difficulty, time of year, etc.  We can be of a lot more help and would be glad to, with a little more information.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 3
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 28 2012, 11:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Pinedale to Dubois. And with somebody giving me a ride back.

:p
 Post Number: 4
buddero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 28 2012, 6:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There is a reason why there are so many Wind River fans here. Have a look at SWT's Youtube vid and Dorf's TRs. Probably good to think in terms of 5-7 days though.

--------------
Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty
If your cup is full, may it be again

Journal and links to refugees, backpacking, travel in Asia, photos, honky-tonk angels, other beautiful things...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
John Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 08 2012, 9:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In the Weminuche Wilderness of SW Colorado, hike the Elk Park -- Needleton Loop.
 Post Number: 6
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 8:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Completed Moab? There's a !@#$load of hiking there.

Four nights doing "THE COMPLETE" Teton Crest Trail is one of the best you'll ever find. Don't let anyone tell you to skip the southern section, they have no idea.

In the Gros Ventre Mountains of Wyoming get dropped off at Crystal Creek. Hike to the Headwaters Divide with Swift Creek. Do some dayhikes, Blaks Peak, Steamboat Mt., Antoinette Peak.

Yellowstone's Bechler. I highly reccomend having Dunada Falls on the route, spend night at 3 Rivers Jct. and soak in Mr. Bubbles for a good long time.

Colorado's Sangre de Cristo Range. Up past Comanche Lake, down the Phantom Terrace camping at Upper Venable. Back up over Venabe Pass, Out North Crestone Creek.

PICK AN AREA. Get better recommendations. Have a blast whatever you do.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
5 replies since Sep. 27 2012, 10:48 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Next trip recommendations?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions