2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Tell me about Moscow, ID...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
rangersven Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 3:29 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Greetings...!

Tell me about Moscow, ID?  What's it like?  Nice town?  Good bookstores?  What do do in the out-of-doors?  THX.

Happy Trails,

RS

--------------
"Backpacker.com's Original Provocateur"
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 3:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(rangersven @ Jun. 30 2013, 3:29 pm)
Greetings...!

Tell me about Moscow, ID?  What's it like?  Nice town?  Good bookstores?  What do do in the out-of-doors?  THX.

Happy Trails,

RS

Never lived there but I have friends who do.  Very nice town.  U of Idaho and all and Washington State U is just 10 miles or so west so you definitely have the atmosphere of academia.  I like it and of course, Spokane is just 80 miles north.  There's always Spokane, Sven.  There's always Spokane. :)

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 3
ponderosa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 5:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The U of I hosts a pretty cool jazz festival every february. We went every year when I wss in high school. I got to go to clinics put on by Dizzy Gillespe & Branford Marsallis.

--------------
The harder the toil, the sweeter the rest.
 Post Number: 4
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 01 2013, 11:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't remember very much about Moscow, the little I do remember is through a drunken haze.

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 5
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2013, 1:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It seems to be considerably farther left than Big Moscow now.

Friend lives in Deary. They have "woodland moose."

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 6
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2013, 5:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's definitely west of St. Petersburg.

Its on the edge of the Palouse. Rolling green farmland intermingled with stands of conifers. Its warmer in Lewiston along the River.

Bookstores? Really? Get a digital book reader and it doesn't matter where you go.
???
 Post Number: 7
rangersven Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2013, 2:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Greetins, BPers...

THX for your replies!  Yes, HJ---there is always Spokane!

Ponderosa--- I remember Lionel Hampton ise to play there and they later named the jazz fest after him.  What instrument do you play?

Tamarac--- Digital books are fine; however, so many of my favorite books are out-of-print or had a limited run.  I can't tell you how many great books I found at bookstores (especially used and in the outdoor category) that I truly treasure.  

Plus, many bookstores create a great sense of community.  I've met so many wonderful writers and enjoyed many talks at bookstores that digital books will never match.  I've also enjoyed many fine artists at bookstore events (musicians, photographers, etc) at bookstores.  

Digital reader have their place, however, bookstores create a sense of community that digital readers will never provide.

Happy Trails,

RS

--------------
"Backpacker.com's Original Provocateur"
 Post Number: 8
ponderosa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2013, 1:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well at one time I was pretty good on alto sax, but I'm an idiot and haven't played since college.

And yeah, I've been surprised by how much I like my Nook reader, but I still really love spending time in a good book store and the feel of a real book.

--------------
The harder the toil, the sweeter the rest.
7 replies since Jun. 30 2013, 3:29 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Tell me about Moscow, ID...
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions