2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: PCT, Olallie Lake< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Hyking1 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2012, 12:00 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I will be on the PCT in OR in Aug. Olallie Lake Resort will not receive packages sent nor will they accept one if I drive it to them. They want hikers to buy at their store. My question is if anyone out there has experience with what they have to offer. I need to resupply to get to Timberline. No Mac and Cheese :(
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2012, 2:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm tempted to help you with a resupply but that's too far out for me to be able to make a commitment.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
Hyking1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2012, 1:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for considering it. I have someone who could maybe drive it in and meet us but the timing would be tricky. We have a plan for what we are going to do each day from Santiam Pass and it looks reasonable. I was just hoping someone had an idea of what they sold at the store there that would be usable to get to Timberline as it is a really long drive into Olallie! Thanks again for your response.
 Post Number: 4
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2012, 9:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When you hit Sisters/Jefferson wilderness area, I could definitely help you there if that helps.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
 Post Number: 5
Dicentra Search for posts by this member.
Bring it.

PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2012, 3:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would try posting this question on the PCT-L.  You'll get better answers/response.

--------------
One Pan Wonders  ~  Back Country Cooking at its Finest
 Post Number: 6
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2012, 7:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd help you out but I am like diagonally on the other side of the country. I mean I seriously couldnt be much further away from that location and still be in the USA.

Plus, now that I think about it, that is a lot to ask me to do being that we just met and all.

You know what?? You have been a good friend. I'll do it.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 7
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2012, 1:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hyking1 @ Apr. 27 2012, 12:00 pm)
I will be on the PCT in OR in Aug. Olallie Lake Resort will not receive packages sent nor will they accept one if I drive it to them. They want hikers to buy at their store. My question is if anyone out there has experience with what they have to offer. I need to resupply to get to Timberline. No Mac and Cheese :(

They have a website with some info. They sell "hiker food" whatever that is. There wasn't a phone number, but there is an address. Maybe you could contact them to find out.

http://www.olallielakeresort.com/generalinformation.htm
 Post Number: 8
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2012, 1:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cgaphiker @ May 04 2012, 1:14 am)

(Hyking1 @ Apr. 27 2012, 12:00 pm)

They have a website with some info. They sell "hiker food" whatever that is. There wasn't a phone number, but there is an address. Maybe you could contact them to find out.

http://www.olallielakeresort.com/generalinformation.htm

Look at the southern boy come through with the answer.

Y'all need anymore help you just holla now. Ya hear.?

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 9
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: May 15 2012, 11:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When, in Aug?  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 10
highlandcruiser Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2012, 3:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I live in central Oregon happy to help out. pm me and we can figure it out. Perhaps a cashe drop water tight bear bagged with location for you to find it? Or meet you at ollalie lake on a specific day - date - time?

--------------
"The Quest for a purple star tulip has been fulfilled"
9 replies since Apr. 27 2012, 12:00 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply PCT
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions