2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Alaska-  Guided Trips< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
MidwesternGirl Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 04 2014, 12:34 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi all,

I'm planning for a trip to Alaska, hopefully this summer (if not, then definitely next year).  I've never been before (so I believe I have easily planned 5 trips already!).

I am really interested in doing some backpacking in Wrangell-St. Elias.  I am definitely not comfortable/experienced enough to backpack there by myself, so I've been looking at different guided trips.  Obviously there are a lot of options!  I was wondering if anyone had any experiences going on any of the guided trips they would like to share?

--------------
out in the open, wherever I look and upon everything that I see, is an unwritten page to an unfinished book of an ongoing history ~carbon leaf
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
cweston Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 04 2014, 9:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This one is a no-brainer...

Forum regular Walkinman is a guide in Alaska.

His website is here
 Post Number: 3
MidwesternGirl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 04 2014, 11:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks!

--------------
out in the open, wherever I look and upon everything that I see, is an unwritten page to an unfinished book of an ongoing history ~carbon leaf
 Post Number: 4
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2014, 9:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Walkinman is the man.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 5
Walkinman Search for posts by this member.
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 6:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi MidwesternGirl

I'm going to be offline for a couple weeks, but feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions, and I'd be glad to talk about a trip or any details that might help you with your decisions. Alaska's a big place, and it's tough finding the right info. Wrangell - St. Elias is an amazing location (I'm about 200 yards from the park right now, and will be in the park for the next 10-12 days) with tons of options for trips, from the easiest to the hardest.

Thanks to jer and cweston for the kudos. Too kind.

Cheers

Carl

--------------
Guided Alaska backpacking and hiking trips

"What good is a used up world and how can it be worth having?" -- Sting, All This Time.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
4 replies since Jan. 04 2014, 12:34 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Alaska-  Guided Trips
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions