2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: "Photos without a report" thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
3pinner Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2012, 8:32 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One More -
Trillium Trail near Linden VA

Attached Image
Attached Image
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 32
hoosier Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 23 2012, 7:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Old Rag on a Beatiful Saturday morning May 19, 2012

Lower Views of the Blueridge Mountains

Old Rag Rocks

Post Number: 33

PostIcon Posted on: May 29 2012, 4:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Foggy and froggy hike on the AT in New Jersey between Sunrise Mountain Road and Brink Road on Saturday May 26. Did a nice 14.5 mile figure 8 loop. More or less using AT , Jacobs Ladder trail, Coos Rd (Gated Dirt),Dimon Road, Shay Road (gated Dirt),Steffen Trail, Lackner Trail, Stoney Lake Trail, Coursen Trail and Sunrise Mtn. road

Early Morning Fog and Blooming Sheep Laurel

Frog I spotted Shay Road Trail
 Post Number: 34
jmitch Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2012, 6:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How do you post pictures?  I can never seem to figure it out.
 Post Number: 35
GaliWalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2012, 7:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There's a thread in the "How To" forum which explains how: http://forums.backpacker.com/cgi-bin....1144679

For my part, when posting from Flickr, which is where all my photos are hosted, there's a nice "Share" option for every photo, that allows me to copy the html code snippit. There are various sizes available too. I select the size I want and copy/paste the html code for that in my post.

--------------
'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker
Photos: http://galiwalker.zenfolio.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 36

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 05 2012, 7:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Same thing here. I host my pictures on Webshots.

Webshots has a button below photos you have placed into a album. When you have your album open and are viewing a photo. There is a button below the picture allowing you to " Copy code and post in a forum" Once you click on this button it will allow you to chose a size to post the picture at any of the following 100, 200, 425, 500 or 600 pixels. After making your choice of size you just highlight the "Post in a forum" box the paste it in your post on the Packerbacker Forum.

One thing I did note. When pasting the code into your Backpacker post. You need to delete all text befroe and after the [img]-[img] parts. Otherwise the photo will not post

When you have inserted the picture you can use the preview button to see if your picture posted correctly
 Post Number: 37

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 05 2012, 4:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here's a try
 Post Number: 38

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2012, 9:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks like you got it figured out.
 Post Number: 39
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2012, 10:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was on Dolly Sods Saturday and Sunday. Tuesday I headed back via RT 72 N, 119, Rt 50.

https://picasaweb.google.com/panhandler3/2012_06_03#
                                                                                        https://picasaweb.google.com/panhandler3/2012_06_05#
 Post Number: 40
AegisIII Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2012, 9:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Did a 10 mile hike around Shockeys Knob in and around the Sleepy Creek WMA in WV (and a touch in VA).  Fair hike, some good views, one quad-state, nice stream, rhodos in bloom (but not many of them), possible cave, blueberries were only acceptable.

More Photos

--------------
--
EJS
(Ed. S)
 Post Number: 41

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2012, 2:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Northern New Jersey Appalachian Trail hike on a hot Sunday July 1, 2012

Hemlock Pond (South of AT)

Blue Mountain Lake (South of AT)

Great tasty high bush blueberries near the lakeshore.

Both of these lakes are not on the trail per say. But can be reached by side trails.
 Post Number: 42

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2012, 12:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A return visit to Saint Anthonys Wilderness on Sunday July 8, 2012. Hiked both Gold Mine Run and Rausch Creek drainages using varoius unblazed old woods roads/trails and a very short section of the AT near the Raush Gap Shelter plus the Upper Railroad Trail (Unblazed)

A frog I spotted

Blooming Rhodies

Gold Mine Run Cascade

Rausch Gap Shelter Being Rebulit
 Post Number: 43

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 18 2012, 9:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Getting a bit backlogged here.  On the uber-hot weekend, did a 7.5 mile loop in Michaux State Forest, a shorter two reservoirs loop.  Only one 400 foot climb at the beginning, level or downhill after that.  Much of the loop under rhododendrons and hemlocks. Parked by the old reservoir, normally ample but a mountain bike group had started their ride a bit earlier.  Tried to cool my legs in Long Pine Run at lunch, but water was not that cool.

More Photos

--------------
--
EJS
(Ed. S)
 Post Number: 44

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 18 2012, 9:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Around a week ago, still hot, but not quite as bad.  Decided to add some climbing, and did a 7 mile Standing Stone/Tuscarora loop at Cowans Gap State Park.  Up the Knobsville Road Trail, looping down on the Tailgate Road Trail (new logging road), back up Cove Mountain steeply on the Knobsville Trail (second hardest section of the hike).  The north on the SST, passing the Horseshoe and Wagner Trails, to the Fox Trail.  Some poison Ivy along the SST, especially between Knobsville and Horseshoe.  A couple of blowdowns, one just north of Horseshoe, another between Wagner and Fox.  Steeply down the Fox Trail to the TT (hardest section of the hike).  Back south on the TT to the park.  Some blowdowns, worst just north of Horseshoe.

More Photos

--------------
--
EJS
(Ed. S)
 Post Number: 45

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 06 2012, 10:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A bit behind on reports, so another post on this thread.  A few weeks ago now, went to Chimney Rocks in southern Michaux.  Started at the Old Forge Picnic Area, headed north on the AT to the Tumbling Run Shelters (now giving Quarry Gap a run for the money), then up the big climb to Chimney Rocks.  It was foggy up top, so no view there or at the pipeline.  Turned off on the Curran Trail, then headed back on some narrow bike trails, the downhill part using a multitude of rock ledges as the trail.  Ended up on Snowy Mountain Road, then up a logging road to Briar Mountain.  Then down a trail, followed by some old woods roads, each worse than the last one (except the final one), a snowmobile trail to get to Staley Road, a short distance from the Picnic Area.

More Photos

--------------
--
EJS
(Ed. S)
 Post Number: 46

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 10 2012, 8:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Blue Ridge Center, about two weeks ago. I submitted a short review at MAH.  A good but not great hike.  It is different from a  typical mountain hike.

More Photos

--------------
--
EJS
(Ed. S)
 Post Number: 47

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 22 2012, 11:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Went to West Virginia today. Started with Blackwater Falls to try and find a way down to the river, below the falls:

Then, drove over Dolly Sods to North Fork Mountain, to check the status of fall colors (still a couple of weeks off, I'd say) and hiked up to Chimney Rock, after which I ran out of motivation. Lots of Black Vultures up there, some bold enough to not fly off even when I was within 20yds of them (didn't take a photo unfortunately).

--------------
 Post Number: 48

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 06 2012, 4:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Early morning at Pulpit Rock on the Appalachian Trail near Hamburg Pa. Saturday October 6, 2012

Post Number: 49

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2012, 4:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great pic hoosier.
 Post Number: 50

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 24 2012, 3:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Late Fall Colors at French Creek Sate Park on Sunday October 21, 2012.

Did a hike past all the reamins of Six Penny Lake, and  then Scotts Run Lake and Hopewell Lake followed by a quick walk through Hopewell Village. Used the Lenape Trail. Orange Green Connector, Six Penny Trail, Horseshoe Trail, Boone Trail, Horseshoe Trail and Lenape Trails to make a rather large loop.

Old Six Penny Dam

Abandoned trail at Six Penny Dam

Scotts Run Lake

Hopewell Lake

Hopewell Lake

Hopewell Village Buildings

Lenape Trail Colors
 Post Number: 51
Mudinyeri Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 25 2012, 2:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Platte River State Park, Nebraska

--------------
"History is strewn with the wrecks of nations which have gained a little progressiveness at the cost of a great deal of hard manliness, and have thus prepared themselves for destruction as soon as the movements of the world gave a chance for it. "  Walter Bagehot, Founder of the National Review
 Post Number: 52

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 19 2012, 8:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tower Atop Govenor Dick Hill
 Post Number: 53

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 9:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cacapon State Park, WV

An eight mile or so hike, including a long climb up Cacapon Mountain. Some window views, one "narrows" along a tributary of Indian Run, pond, lodge.  Trails mostly in good shape, though some wet spots due to seeps and springs.  No trail bridges.  Random benches along trail system.  Picnic shelter atop mountain.  No too rocky, otherwise classic valley and ridge terrain and woodlands.

More Photos

--------------
--
EJS
(Ed. S)
 Post Number: 54
Nubster Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 2:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

From earlier in the year...Blackwater Falls, Davis, WV....

Post Number: 55

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 6:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Headed to Ohiopyle State Park, in southwestern Pennsylvania, for my final hike of 2012. I was recovering from the flu, so only hiked the first 3mi of a snowy Laurel Highlands Trail. I also spent a bit of time taking some photos of nearby Cucumber and Ohiopyle Falls.

Snow plastered

Sugarloaf Mountain from the LHT

Cucumber Falls

Ohiopyle Falls

Ohiopyle Falls

My final tally for a great year of hiking was 627mi and 147,150ft of elevation gain, over 59 trips.

--------------
 Post Number: 56

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2013, 9:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sideling Hill Tract of Buchanan State Forest, end of March.  Likely the final snow hike of the season.  Nine miles in the area of the ATV trail system, but trying to avoid the ATV trails themselves as much as possible.  Started on the old Turnpike, then up Rays Hill, along it and back down, getting lost once.  Trails is good shape; mostly used by horseback riders.  Saw no one except a couple of bikers on the turnpike.  Average hike, best part was the serene Big Fill Trail between the ATV trails and Oregon Creek.

More Photos

--------------
--
EJS
(Ed. S)
 Post Number: 57

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2013, 10:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Broad Mountain tract of Buchanan State Forest, April.  Did a nine+ mile dumbbell hike on both slopes of Broad Mountain, starting on the edge of the Cumberland Valley near the Letterkenny army depot.  Started at the wrong parking area (didn't realize that at the time) and headed up the mountain via snowmobile trails and then the Steep Mutha Trail, the least steep of the trails up/down the mountain I used.  Well constructed roadbed-type trail, even across the massive talus slopes.  Spring budding, some views of the Cumberland Valley and South Mountain, possibly including some four state views.  Took the Smith Trail down the west side of the mountain, freshly maintained, good laurel and massive hemlocks, not as steep as I was expecting.  Then followed a deer fence and logging roads of assorted ages past shale pit and a pond to the Lookout Trail, now in the middle of a logged area and now red blazed instead of green.

Steeply up Lookout, soon leaving the logged area.  Clearly has seen no maintenance since I was there two years ago.  Numerous blowdowns of fallen hemlock limbs and trunks to climb over, crawl under, and/or bypass around (and the slope is STEEP).  Up the Few Hundred Steps (counting anything which could remotely be called a step gave 515; actual number would be lower).  Then cross the top of the mountain onto an old woods road to get back to Steep Mutha.  Ticks out.  Back down the east side to the snowmobile trails, taking the side I had not before, hemlocks in better shape here, except where a wind storm took out plenty; but trail still nice.  Mountain streams, some odd depressions.  Made it to the parking area I wanted to start at, but where my car was not, giving me an unexpected quarter mile road walk back.

More Photos

--------------
--
EJS
(Ed. S)
 Post Number: 58

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 7:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Took a seven mile or so hike in French Creek State Park early Saturday morning. Made a loop hike using the Mill Creek trail, Buzzard Trail, Connector trail along an old mill race, and finally the Lenape trail back to the parking area at Shed Road

The woods were a vibrant green from all the moisture left on them from the overnight rains. Lot's of wildflowers to be seen

Here are a few pics I took during my walk.

Squawroot

Bellwort ?

Mr Eft

Pink Lady's Slipper

Mill Creek

Old Trail Sign

Spring Wildflowers
 Post Number: 59
MRHyker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2013, 2:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Last flower is Golden Ragwort.

--------------
"Red is the color of the sun with my eyes closed." - Dave Matthews

Midatlantichikes.com
 Post Number: 60

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2013, 3:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anther wildflower from French Creek. Not sure what this is. But it's plentiful in French Creek this spring. It's about three to four inches in height

74 replies since Dec. 18 2011, 8:23 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply "Photos without a report" thread
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions