2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Sixth annual Mt Washington trip< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
eggs Search for posts by this member.
That's sofa King assume

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 09 2012, 1:31 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We'll be up there early this year Nov 9-11

If you want to join us for a ride up or at Hermit Lake shelters let me know.

It's our usual trip. We drive up early Friday and get to Hermit Lake shelters by 4pm. Set up camp and then Saturday hike up Tuckermans and then down Lions Head. We then spend one more night at the shelter and then out Sunday.

I have room for 2 in my vehicle.

If interested shot me a PM or post on this thread

A few past trips can be found

Here
Here
One more

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
hikingFF77 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 10 2012, 10:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Have a great time.

--------------
ďIím just hanging on while this world keeps spinning and itís good to know itís out of my control.  If thereís one thing Iíve learned from all this living is that it wouldnít change a thing if I let goÖĒ
Jimmy Buffett & Martina McGraw
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 04 2012, 6:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My wife can't make the trip now due to Super Storm Sandy.  :(  

As some of you know she is in the NJ Air Guard. She works at the emergency response center near Trenton during these types of emergencies. So she has been doing long hours over there and there is no end insight.

So would love to have someone ride along. I'm meeting two folks up at the notch. So we have a small group already.

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2012, 9:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You know I want in.  But I was given a no when you originally posted this.  ;)  And I don't even have a stomach virus or nothing!

Looks like there will def. be plenty of snow there this year.

Good luck, it's a fun trip and a good tradition.

Tell Bobby thanks in advance for all her hard work.

--------------
ďIím just hanging on while this world keeps spinning and itís good to know itís out of my control.  If thereís one thing Iíve learned from all this living is that it wouldnít change a thing if I let goÖĒ
 Post Number: 5
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2012, 11:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikingFF77 @ Nov. 05 2012, 9:19 am)
You know I want in. †But I was given a no when you originally posted this. †;) †And I don't even have a stomach virus or nothing!

Looks like there will def. be plenty of snow there this year.

Good luck, it's a fun trip and a good tradition.

Tell Bobby thanks in advance for all her hard work.

Come on ask the better half again.

Thinking of taking the Boott spur trail into Hermit lake this year. The drop-off over the ridge into the lake looks fun as hell.

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2012, 1:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, okay.  Maybe if my house was not a construction project, maybe.

I was just checking the forecast for up there today, wind chills in the 10-25 below zero area.  Good lord.  Even if I wanted to I'm not that prepared.

DO you have that kind of warmth loaded with you?  I know you got the goods, but that is some extreme temps.

--------------
 Post Number: 7
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2012, 2:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well we're not sleeping at the top so should be fine. A little worried about the nor'easter coming Wednesday. But, it should be gone by Saturday when we go up to the top.

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2012, 3:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know, it's going to be a mess if the storm puts down a dumping along the route.  Although it makes for a really good adventure.  In your Land Rover anything shy of 3' of snow wouldn't slow you down.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Trip report cross post

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 8:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How was the drive?

--------------
 Post Number: 11
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 5:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Long a boring but on the bright side I could smoke all the cigars I wanted to on the way up :)

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 11:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good lord.  Must have been like a hippy van when you got out, all smoked out.

:)

--------------
11 replies since Oct. 09 2012, 1:31 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Sixth annual Mt Washington trip
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions