2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hertlien Campsite, PA AT< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
B'Slacka Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2013, 10:42 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looking for a good old fashioned BBQ drunkferst at hertlien campsite July 13-14. Anyone like to join?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
SmokingHead Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 02 2013, 8:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah if you are firm with those dates.... and the kid wears the hula skirt again. :)

--------------
It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness. † Jerry Garcia
 Post Number: 3
eggs Search for posts by this member.
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 03 2013, 2:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That could work for me. That is the old Dam/reservoir right.

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 03 2013, 4:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eggs @ Jun. 03 2013, 2:29 pm)
That could work for me. That is the old Dam/reservoir right.

Yup. Bring you mask and snorkel.  :)

--------------
It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness. † Jerry Garcia
 Post Number: 5
ki0eh Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 03 2013, 5:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

...and wet suit.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 03 2013, 10:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yea it's the old reservoir, lots of tent sites, and good water supply
 Post Number: 7
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2013, 2:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd be interested if I'm not on the road.  It's about time.
 Post Number: 8
eggs Search for posts by this member.
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2013, 7:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(B'Slacka @ Jun. 03 2013, 10:40 pm)
Yea it's the old reservoir, lots of tent sites, and good water supply

I thought so I remember the site from a few years ago we did some trail magic there. I think I hauled in a water mellon, mini keg and some corn. I kept the mini keg cold in the reservoir as I was swimming around drinking.

Never knew it had a name though

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
jcb Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2013, 3:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe you will find cgaps glasses at the bottom of the reservoir.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children.
 Post Number: 10
hikingFF77 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2013, 4:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh man.  This could be trouble.  So far my schedule is clear, with the exception of the constantly working on my addition thing.  The weekend before we'll be running around, possibly car camping, but I'd really like to make this, even if it's just to walk in for the afternoon/evening.

--------------
ďIím just hanging on while this world keeps spinning and itís good to know itís out of my control.  If thereís one thing Iíve learned from all this living is that it wouldnít change a thing if I let goÖĒ
Jimmy Buffett & Martina McGraw
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2013, 4:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

BTW, nice to see you again Tom, been a while... hope all is well.

--------------
ďIím just hanging on while this world keeps spinning and itís good to know itís out of my control.  If thereís one thing Iíve learned from all this living is that it wouldnít change a thing if I let goÖĒ
 Post Number: 12
aseege1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2013, 9:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

hopefully the boy scouts don't overrun the place.
 Post Number: 13
ki0eh Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2013, 10:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I see that Girl Scouts have it on on the schedule later in the year.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2013, 11:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikingFF77 @ Jun. 06 2013, 4:15 pm)
BTW, nice to see you again Tom, been a while... hope all is well.

Yeah it's about time to stop solo hiking. Will be good to see you guys again.  :)

--------------
 Post Number: 15
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2013, 9:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What's this business?

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2013, 7:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What's up NG,  trying to gather the usual suspects for a little hootinanny
 Post Number: 17
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2013, 11:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is a fairly questionable cast of characters you're collecting.   I'm in if I can swing the dates.

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2013, 12:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Jun. 08 2013, 11:29 am)
This is a fairly questionable cast of characters you're collecting. † I'm in if I can swing the dates.

Better take it pal.....only "date" you're likely to get ;)

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2013, 11:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I better not come if John is there...I'll just jinx him again, or you may not have to worry, I'll just get lost trying to find the place.  :)
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2013, 10:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And so it begins.

--------------
 Post Number: 21
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2013, 7:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(aseege1 @ Jun. 09 2013, 11:24 pm)
I better not come if John is there...I'll just jinx him again, or you may not have to worry, I'll just get lost trying to find the place. †:)

This one is easy to find.  take the ramp off I-78 and head north til you see the SGL lot.

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2013, 8:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Jun. 10 2013, 7:50 pm)

I better not come if John is there...I'll just jinx him again, or you may not have to worry, I'll just get lost trying to find the place. †:)

This one is easy to find. †take the ramp off I-78 and head north til you see the SGL lot.

It's less easy to find in the dark.  :angry:
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2013, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Jun. 10 2013, 8:39 pm)

This one is easy to find. †take the ramp off I-78 and head north til you see the SGL lot.

It's less easy to find in the dark. †:angry:

Hey big_load   ........  are you and the Mrs. going?

--------------
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2013, 10:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(SmokingHead @ Jun. 10 2013, 9:38 pm)

(big_load @ Jun. 10 2013, 8:39 pm)

It's less easy to find in the dark. †:angry:

Hey big_load † ........ †are you and the Mrs. going?

It's looking good so far.  We don't have any conflicts yet.  I could out West all summer if I wanted, but I often have a choice.
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2013, 10:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I believe the directions you gave me to the brewery were even easier...

"bottom of the hill"

In my defense I never thought you meant that hill.  :p  way too obvious
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2013, 11:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ha ha ha   I could be out west all summer too but the wife would kill me. Look forward to seeing you.

--------------
 Post Number: 27
Cloudwalker Search for posts by this member.
?

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 13 2013, 12:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I just checked, I've got the 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th off that month.  Hmmmmmm! ???

--------------
My website

Find me on facebook and shoot me a friends request
 Post Number: 28
Neville Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 14 2013, 11:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So is this an officially sanctioned DrunkFerst?  I'm not seeing proper protocol being followed.  Absent are detailed discussions around beverage choice and, since this falls on a Sunday, proper etiquette surrounding the use of carbon-neutral resources in the morning.
 Post Number: 29
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 15 2013, 11:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(jcb @ Jun. 04 2013, 3:41 pm)
Maybe you will find cgaps glasses at the bottom of the reservoir.

That's some cold water.  :D
I'm going to see if I can make it.
 Post Number: 30
GlenG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 15 2013, 2:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am leaving for vaca that weekend otherwise I'd make it.....would be a good time, and good to see everyone again! †I've upgraded some of my gear, and I am no longer an explosion hazard, so we can all relax a bit more!
66 replies since Jun. 02 2013, 10:42 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Hertlien Campsite
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions