2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Old Loggers Path -- parking< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
craumerp Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2013, 9:40 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Next week I'll be heading to the Old Loggers Path via Route 14 from Williamsport and I'd like to avoid the long detour to get to the main trailhead at Masten.  I saw somewhere that the impassable part of Pleasant Stream Road is east of where the trail crosses the stream between Long Run and Short Run, and the official map shows parking at that location.  Does anyone know if that location is accessible from the west (Route 14) via Pleasant Stream Road and if so, is that a good place to park for a couple of days?  If not, I'll take the long way around to Masten via Ellenton.  I'm posting here because it seems that lots of you are familiar with the trail.  Thanks for any information you can give me.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
jmitch Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2013, 10:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You can park at Long Run, space for about 3 cars.  It is on the left if heading towards Masten.
 Post Number: 3
craumerp Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2013, 11:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks.  I see that place is marked as parking on the map of the trail that is in your books but isn't marked on the map from DCNR.  That will save me a lot of driving.
 Post Number: 4
JonW Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2013, 11:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does anyone know if there are any plans to repair/rebuild Pleasant Stream Road?

Has the bridge in Masten over Pleasant Stream Road been repaired?
 Post Number: 5
ki0eh Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2013, 12:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would not doubt that DCNR is waiting for Anadarko to fix the road.
 Post Number: 6
timberdoodle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 12 2013, 8:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

If I remember correctly (I could be wrong) there is a washout before Long Run. It is closed but "drivable" all the way to Masten, but I wouldn't recommend it without a high-clearance 4WD, as it involves driving around washouts and barricades.  You may want to consider coming 87 to Barbours/Proctor and through Cabbage Hollow to Cascade Rd and starting there, or if set on coming 14, from Rock Run or Ellenton. There's parking at Yellow Dog Rd, Krimm Rd, and Hillsgrove Rd. I hear the bridge at Masten should be in within the year. Pleasant Stream Rd will be fixed eventually, but I believe there are issues because the stream is now running where the road once was.
5 replies since Jun. 09 2013, 9:40 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Old Loggers Path -- parking
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions