2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Mid-Atlantic Hiker's Guide:WV< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
MRHyker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2013, 8:26 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

... for residents of central MD. The Trail House, 17 S. Market Street, Frederick, MD now carries the book. I have been invited to do a book signing but I'm waiting until after my hip surgery (09/03) to lock in on a date. It will be on a Saturday.

--------------
"Red is the color of the sun with my eyes closed." - Dave Matthews

Midatlantichikes.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2013, 9:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Excellent! I'll try to remember that the next time I'm out near Fredneck and headed for WV.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
spac3man Search for posts by this member.
Appalachian

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2013, 9:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Please make a post when you have more information, good luck getting patched up!

--------------
Sláinte
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2013, 8:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I will be in spring.

--------------

Midatlantichikes.com
 Post Number: 5
jnk556 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2013, 11:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Any progress in actually getting the book on the shelves in WV?  I know it should really sell well down here near the Mon.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 10:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Got a friend working on 2 Mom and Pop stores, one in Morgantown and one in Pittsburgh. Blackwater SP turned it down. Got no where with the 2 Mon visitor centers. It is at Water Stone Outdoors in Fayetteville. Can you recommend any places?

Oh, I'm also working on Gator Mt. They have a store in Charleston.

--------------

Midatlantichikes.com
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 10:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One store I can think of would be Mainline Books in Elkins.  

http://www.mainlinebooks.com/

I'll keep a eye around, as I think of more places.

There's got to be some way in getting them into the FS centers.  They would fit right in, as they have the mon forest trail guides and all right there at Cranberry, and seneca rocks.  Maybe a face to face visit to the visitor centers, or a stop by the main office in Elkins might be in order sometime you get down this way....  You know how the fed gov is...
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 3:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hope to have a Hiker friend (one of the ladies in the Cranberry backpack I talked about.) visit that visitor center and an outfitter in Marlinton and give them samples. Giving away a lot of free samples is not very cost effective but I guess it's the cost of doing business.

--------------

Midatlantichikes.com
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2013, 7:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(MRHyker @ Sep. 01 2013, 3:02 pm)
I hope to have a Hiker friend (one of the ladies in the Cranberry backpack I talked about.) visit that visitor center and an outfitter in Marlinton and give them samples. Giving away a lot of free samples is not very cost effective but I guess it's the cost of doing business.

Yeah, you gotta do what you have to.  Having your book on the shelves in those two FS visitor centers is where they need to be right in the heart of the forest.  

People drive in, stop see the book and think, wow, i need this to find some trails and hikes!  I know it would fit right in with the trail guide, maps, and other hiking books.  Damn shame the state parks won't listen to you, it would probably go well at Cass too.  State of WV is a PITA to work with :(
 Post Number: 10
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2013, 9:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's a great little shop. Now I have a another reason to head up there other than eating at Volt's.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 20 2013, 10:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(jnk556 @ Sep. 01 2013, 10:59 am)
One store I can think of would be Mainline Books in Elkins.  

http://www.mainlinebooks.com/

I'll keep a eye around, as I think of more places.

There's got to be some way in getting them into the FS centers.  They would fit right in, as they have the mon forest trail guides and all right there at Cranberry, and seneca rocks.  Maybe a face to face visit to the visitor centers, or a stop by the main office in Elkins might be in order sometime you get down this way....  You know how the fed gov is...

I E-mailed these folks but haven't heard back from them. Could you show them your copy and give them my contact info?

Cranberry Nature Center is placing an order. Waiting to hear from Seneca Rocks.

--------------

Midatlantichikes.com
 Post Number: 12
powderfinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 9:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Have you tried the Mountain Made Gallery in Thomas, WV?  www.mountainmade.com/    They have lots of artisan stuff but also sell books.  They are on Facebook also.
11 replies since Aug. 30 2013, 8:26 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Mid-Atlantic Hiker's Guide:WV
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions