2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: 2012 Ultimate Hike< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
LyttleBryan Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2012, 6:48 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

All,

Just wanted to spread the word about a quality fundraising  event that's going on in our region.  The Ultimate Hike is a fundraiser that works in conjunction with CureSearch For Children's Cancer.  They raise money to treat children diagnosed with cancer as well as study child treatment methods.

The Ultimate Hike is a 28.3 mile day hike that is the culmination of the fundraising efforts.  I did the event last year and it is a ton of fun and for a great cause.

This year I will be returning, but as the head coach.  I'll be coordinating training hikes generally keeping track of people on the trail .

If anyone is interested in joining The Ultimate Hike 2012, check out the information pages.  ultimatehike.org/knoxville

That is the Knoxville hike, but there are others in our region including Chatanooga, Raleigh, and ...others I can't think of right now.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2012, 11:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm hoping to do it this year. I've signed up for the info session July 27th.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2012, 12:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Do you know which section of the trail it is?
 Post Number: 4
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2012, 12:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I like that the Houston hike is on a Louisiana trail.  :D

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2012, 6:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jul. 03 2012, 12:14 am)
Do you know which section of the trail it is?

I believe it's Sloan Bridge to Oconee State Park, but I could be off a bit on the start.

It's the easier section of the trail.
 Post Number: 6
Tuttle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2012, 11:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Awesome.  How long did it take you last year?
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2012, 4:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Tuttle @ Jul. 03 2012, 11:53 am)
Awesome.  How long did it take you last year?

Took the group I was with about 13 1/2 hours.  It was a little slow going towards the end, but I didn't want to lose anyone.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2012, 9:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So you have to stay with a group? Are any runners involved?
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 04 2012, 7:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jul. 03 2012, 9:47 pm)
So you have to stay with a group? Are any runners involved?

No, you don't have to stay with the group.  I just made friends with a few people and wanted to finish with them.

There was one guy that ran the 6 miles from the final rest stop.  He wasn't trying to set a record, and almost did.  When he realized he was within 30 minutes of the record he was kind of upset.  I expect to see him back this year.  I believe the fastest it's been done is 6 1/2 hours, but my memory is a bit fuzzy.

We start at 2am, so it would be difficult running at night.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2012, 8:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bryan, I went to the meeting tonight in Greenville at Mast. I'm not sure if I'll end up with your group or the Greenville group. I need to look at my calendar.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 04 2012, 12:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

This turned out to be a very well organized event for a great cause. I highly recommend it. http://www.kintera.org/htmlcontent.asp?cid=107945
10 replies since Jul. 02 2012, 6:48 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply 2012 Ultimate Hike
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions