2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 6 of 13<<2345678910>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: SEC Football 2012< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 151
Owen571 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2012, 12:01 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You know if SC wins out in regular season play, they should at least be #2, and schedule-wise would deservedly be #1. I know the other conferences probably don't have much reason to want it right now, but I'd sure like to see playoffs rather than watch all these SEC teams knocking each other out of the running.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 152
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2012, 12:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Oct. 06 2012, 7:53 pm)
I'm not sure what was going on in the first half of the Florida/LSU game. So much defense! I'm glad the Gators could wake up in the 2nd half and win the game (it really was a good one to watch, could have gone either way up until then).

Now GA/SC is just surprising me....

After that long pass to the LSU guy with the fumble recovery by Florida, it was like the wind went out of LSU's sails.  Poor defense had to be exhausted!  But LSU played much better than the last two weeks, thankfully - especially the defense!  Otherwise, it would have been a blowout.

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 153
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2012, 8:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I woke up this morning to find out that NC State beat FSU! There goes my "let the 2 FL teams be undefeated and duke it out on Turkey Day".

South Carolina is looking great. There was an article on ESPN today about how Spurrier is running the ball more and not passing because his QB is better suited for it. Florida did the same thing in the 2nd half cause Driskell kept getting sacked. When FL plays SC, it could be another run/defense game that the SEC is quickly becoming known for!

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 154
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2012, 9:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ouch.  SC defense was on fire.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 155
retired reddog Search for posts by this member.
"I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2012, 3:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Oct. 07 2012, 8:07 am)
There was an article on ESPN today about how Spurrier is running the ball more and not passing because his QB is better suited for it.

Connor Shaw passed for 162 yards during the game.  Not a great stat until you realize he only threw the ball ten times with six of those being completions.  He only threw the ball ONE time the entire second half and that was a 62 yard completion to set up the fourth touchdown.  Connor Shaw is VERY capable of passing the ball, but with Marcus Lattimore in the backfield and a defense that is that good, why throw it?

UGA:
Murray 11/31 for 109 yards
Total Rushing 115 yards

South Carolina:
Shaw 6/10 for 162 yards
Lattimore 24 carries 109 yards
SC total rushing 230 yards

South Carolina is a balanced offense with several good runners (including Connor Shaw) and a very capable passing game.

Then rest of the season should be a heck of a ride!

--------------
Good night Chesty, where ever you are!-(It's a Marine thing.)

“The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle!”
General John Pershing, United States Army
 Post Number: 156

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2012, 7:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Look,you keep it up im gonna hatecho

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 157
"I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 6:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thoughts on this week's big one down on the Bayou?

I'm thinking something like 21-14 Carolina.

Of course having said that, anything could happen.  That's why they play the game.

--------------

Post Number: 158
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 11:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hard to say ... LSU seems to be getting worse by the week!  Hopefully the D will step up and play hard again ... maybe the O-line will make at least a brief appearance.  :/

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 159

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 11:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm looking for a lot of trick plays from the Mad Hatter.  From what I've seen of LSU so far this year there are some issues that I don't think get fixed in a week.  Throw in the injuries and "personal situation" they have and I don't know what's going to happen with them this year.  

Personally, I like LSU except when they are playing my Gamecocks.

--------------

Post Number: 160
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 6:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:)  South Carolina is my 3rd fave SEC team, behind LSU and Auburn.

--------------
 Post Number: 161

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 13 2012, 1:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Watching the Ole Miss/Auburn game now. Planning to watch the Alabama/Missouri game at 3:30. The Gator/Vandy game is on a 6pm and the TN/Miss St. game is on at 9pm.

You can find me on my couch if ya'll need anything :)

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 162

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 13 2012, 7:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Going as expected tonite.

I'm going with LSU.

--------------
 Post Number: 163
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 13 2012, 11:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

oh wow, now THAT was some exciting football!  GEAUX TIGERS!!

--------------
 Post Number: 164

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 13 2012, 11:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Props to LSU... That running game is STOUT!  Keep that up for the rest of the year and you guys can run the rest of the table.

--------------

Post Number: 165
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 13 2012, 11:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The O-line showed up today!  Let's see if they can keep it up.  SC's running game is pretty good, too - both teams looked good today.  

I much prefer games like this, where it's close and there's some challenge, to most of the games we had last year.  They were pretty boring!

--------------
 Post Number: 166

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 9:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So that leaves 3 undefeated teams in the SEC... Alabama, Florida, Mississippi State.

And South Carolina, Georgia, LSU, and Texas A&M all have one loss.

The BSC is going to be crowded with the SEC.

--------------
 Post Number: 167
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 5:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

State & Alabama play in two weeks, I think.  Sorry I'll miss that game!

--------------
 Post Number: 168

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 8:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We still have to play SC and GA in the next 2 weeks. It's going to be a long October :)

--------------
 Post Number: 169
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 17 2012, 4:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thamel a liar???  No, couldn't be.  SI would never run with something other than cold, hard facts. [/sarcasm]

story

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 170
schlanky Search for posts by this member.
Lead singer, driver of the Winnebago

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 17 2012, 4:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Oct. 17 2012, 4:18 pm)
Thamel a liar???  No, couldn't be.  SI would never run with something other than cold, hard facts. [/sarcasm]

story

Note that the SI story was co-written by Thayer Evans--another fine "journalist."

--------------
Looking out the window
The trees are getting closer, it seems
 Post Number: 171
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 17 2012, 9:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sad.  Those parents are amazing people, having taken in this kid and others, working hard to give them good lives and doing their best to keep them all on the straight and narrow.  Shame on anyone for trash-talking them!

--------------
 Post Number: 172
BrettGordon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 17 2012, 10:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Go gators!!!

--------------
My Hiking, Trekking and Travel Pics and Videos
 Post Number: 173

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2012, 8:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

College Game Day is in Gainesville today for the Gator/Gamecock game. A big one for the SEC East.

Alabama plays Tenn also later tonight, though PPants says he refuses to watch cause he thinks it will be a slaughter and Dooley will be canned at the end of the season.

Hope everyone enjoys another Saturday of the SEC!

--------------
 Post Number: 174
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2012, 8:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here's hoping for a Tennessee upset!  :)

LSU - Texas A&M has an 11 a.m. kickoff, so I'm off to run a bazillion errands between now & then!  GEAUX TIGERS!!

--------------
 Post Number: 175

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2012, 9:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Oct. 20 2012, 8:09 am)
College Game Day is in Gainesville today for the Gator/Gamecock game. A big one for the SEC East.

Here's hoping they both lose!

UGA needs it.

:D

--------------
 Post Number: 176

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2012, 11:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Oct. 20 2012, 9:38 am)

(VAN @ Oct. 20 2012, 8:09 am)

UGA needs it.

You'll get your shot next week at that cocktail party  :p

--------------
 Post Number: 177

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2012, 1:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Oct. 20 2012, 8:38 am)

UGA needs it.

I hate to cheer for Florida, but I just realized last night that Georgia could still have a chance to be in the SEC Championship game. Florida has to beat USC, and then UGA has to beat UF. Simple..hahaha.

Holy crap. I just looked at bleacher report, and Texas A&M is beating LSU 12-0 halfway through the 2nd qtr.

Hallelujah, TD-Tigers. Texas A&M gave up 57 points to Lousiana Tech last week...

Now 14-12 LSU at halftime for anyone not keeping track!
 Post Number: 178
pastywhite Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2012, 1:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm with PPants - I don't really want to see UT get slaughtered either. I'll probably watch until it gets ugly then find another game.

FL vs SC? Gonna be a good game unless Lattimore is still hurt. SC cannot win without him.

It would suck to to be an LSU fan. They always play like  crap but somehow find a way to win. I think they'll win today too but A&M is not making it easy.
 Post Number: 179

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2012, 1:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well...I do want to see TN get slaughtered, just not quite as bad as if the Great Pumpkin was still there.
From what I read, Lattimore is not supposed to start today, which is bad news for USC if so.
 Post Number: 180

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2012, 6:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm glad they're beating SC but I don't like Florida's luck this game.  Everything's falling their way.  Maybe they'll use the luck up before next week.

--------------
365 replies since Jul. 19 2012, 8:43 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 6 of 13<<2345678910>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply SEC Football 2012
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions