2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 9 of 13<<5678910111213>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: SEC Football 2012< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 241
retired reddog Search for posts by this member.
"I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 25 2012, 8:55 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Six of the top 10 in the BCS are from the SEC...

2. Bama
3. Georgia
4. Florida
7. LSU
9. Texas A&M
10. South Carolina

By the way, the SEC was 4-0 against the Ain't Competitive Conference yesterday!  No matter who the ACC champ is, the SEC beat them already!

--------------
Good night Chesty, where ever you are!-(It's a Marine thing.)

“The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle!”
General John Pershing, United States Army
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 242
Owen571 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 25 2012, 10:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Nov. 25 2012, 9:29 am)
The SEC championship should be a good game next week, I can't say who I'll root for as I am not a fan of either coach/team. But whoever wins will hopefully manhandle ND.

I like both, and am convinced UA has the best team in college football. Whether they will beat Georgia is a whole 'nother story. They give glimpses of greatness, but have only put together pieces of ball games in their two tough matchups, which is not very confidence-inspiring.
Ever since the Texas A&M loss, I've known that Georgia would be coming to win, and believing they can.  
If anybody is overdue to have their day in the sun, it's UGA, anyway, so I'll be happy for them if they win, while disappointed for UA at the same time.
Either should be quite capable of putting ND in a world of hurt.
 Post Number: 243

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 25 2012, 10:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

btw, the National Champion the last three years has been the winner of the Iron Bowl :p
 Post Number: 244
solowalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 9:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

cheer, cheer, for old notre dame, wake up the echoes cheering her name, send a volley cheer on high, shake down the thunder from the sky, what though the odds be great or small, old notre dame will win over all, while her loyal sons are marching onward to victory.       :D
 Post Number: 245

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 10:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rammer Jammer will be a lot easier for you to remember after you hear it. Yellowhammer is one word, btw. It's the state bird. Just FYI...;)
 Post Number: 246
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 1:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Owen571 @ Nov. 26 2012, 9:32 am)
Rammer Jammer will be a lot easier for you to remember after you hear it. Yellowhammer is one word, btw. It's the state bird. Just FYI...;)

It's also the most classless cheer I've ever heard, regardless of who was doing it.  Most UA alums I know think the same thing.

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 247
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 1:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Nov. 26 2012, 1:08 pm)

It's also the most classless cheer I've ever heard, regardless of who was doing it.  Most UA alums I know think the same thing.

So, just curious, at what age do the UA alums decide to no longer sing it?  Because when UA plays here in Knoxville, all the local UA alums do a riverboat cruise right beside the stadium the night before and blare it until the wee hours of the morning.....

Also didn't they hold a vote on ending the cheer and the students voted like 99% in favor of keeping it??
 Post Number: 248

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 1:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(UlightBandit @ Nov. 26 2012, 12:27 pm)

(hiking_tiger @ Nov. 26 2012, 1:08 pm)

So, just curious, at what age do the UA alums decide to no longer sing it?  Because when UA plays here in Knoxville, all the local UA alums do a riverboat cruise right beside the stadium the night before and blare it until the wee hours of the morning.....

Also didn't they hold a vote on ending the cheer and the students voted like 99% in favor of keeping it??

I don't think it's at any age, just a state of growing up.  Just based on the folks I know, not the casual observance.  Though the casual observance around here is the Wal-Mart crowd.

I'd wager that most of those "alums" that come to Knoxville are only familiar with the stadium area of campus in Tuscaloosa. :;):

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
 Post Number: 249

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 3:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Find something else to cry about. We're just teasing each other about the game, assuming it's Alabama who even plays Notre Dame.
 Post Number: 250

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 4:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That works both ways.

--------------

Post Number: 251
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 8:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I assume it will be Alabama beating up on Notre Dame, but you never know: Georgia could *possibly* win.

And anyway, why do we have non-SEC people in here cheering for other teams, like Notre Dame?  They should be banished!  :D

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 252

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 10:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Owen571 @ Nov. 26 2012, 10:32 am)

what are you trying to say, people from bama cant remember hard words? thay need something thats easy to remember?
 Post Number: 253

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 10:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Nov. 26 2012, 8:57 pm)
I assume it will be Alabama beating up on Notre Dame, but you never know: Georgia could *possibly* win.

And anyway, why do we have non-SEC people in here cheering for other teams, like Notre Dame?  They should be banished!  :D

oh i hope its bama thats gonna try. the only good thing about georgia is the mascot UG! and you cant ban me, no one in the NE section talks football.
 Post Number: 254

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 4:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(solowalker @ Nov. 26 2012, 9:36 pm)
what are you trying to say, people from bama cant remember hard words? thay need something thats easy to remember?

Who is "thay"? Is that one of  those hard words?
If so, I'm afraid you're going to find yourself as hopelessly outmatched here as Notre Dame will be against a top SEC team.
 Post Number: 255
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 6:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

UGA ALL THE WAY!

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 256

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 9:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Owen571 @ Nov. 27 2012, 4:50 am)

(solowalker @ Nov. 26 2012, 9:36 pm)

Who is "thay"? Is that one of  those hard words?
If so, I'm afraid you're going to find yourself as hopelessly outmatched here as Notre Dame will be against a top SEC team.

:laugh:
 Post Number: 257
JRinGeorgia Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2012, 7:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As a resident in GA and a UGA alum, of course I want the Dawgs to win the SEC. But as a fan of the game I am more intrigued at the notion of GA re-matched against ND for the national championship, something of a replay of the 1981 Sugar Bowl.

For those too young to remember :p, UGA won that game and the title, due to blocking a few ND field goal attempts and also due to ND allowing a UGA kick-off to simply land untouched and bounce around at the 1-yard line (never seen that before or since). ND out-played us, but we ended up with more points on the board.

--------------
- JRinGeorgia
 Post Number: 258
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2012, 8:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Kentucky hired away the defensive coordinator from FSU Mark Stoops (Bob Stoops of OK's brother) to be their new head coach. Another loss for the ACC, another SEC gain. Now lets see who TN, Arkansas, and Auburn end up with.

Story here

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 259
pastywhite Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2012, 4:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Nov. 28 2012, 8:32 am)
Now lets see who TN, Arkansas, and Auburn end up with.

If we end up with anyone other than Gruden I will have to do a media disconnect. I won't be able to stand the bitching.
 Post Number: 260
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2012, 11:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(pastywhite @ Nov. 28 2012, 4:29 pm)

If we end up with anyone other than Gruden I will have to do a media disconnect. I won't be able to stand the bitching.

I've never cared for Gruden. I hope it's someone else.
 Post Number: 261

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 12:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Nov. 28 2012, 7:32 am)

Well, there aren't enough Stoops to go around...kinda like the Bowdens.   :;):   That's probably a good thing.

--------------

Post Number: 262
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 2:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think Gruden officially declined today.
 Post Number: 263

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 3:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(UlightBandit @ Nov. 30 2012, 2:23 pm)

I saw Charlie Strong on the short list for TN.

My husband seems to think no way in hell are they gonna let him coach due to racial issues. I hope he's wrong because we loved him at Florida and I think he would make a great SEC coach.

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 264
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 3:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Nov. 30 2012, 3:42 pm)

(UlightBandit @ Nov. 30 2012, 2:23 pm)

I saw Charlie Strong on the short list for TN.

My husband seems to think no way in hell are they gonna let him coach due to racial issues. I hope he's wrong because we loved him at Florida and I think he would make a great SEC coach.

I don't know about that.
Knoxville is pretty diverse, and we do have a black basketball coach, who the community seems to like pretty well.
 Post Number: 265

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 4:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(UlightBandit @ Nov. 30 2012, 3:57 pm)
Knoxville is pretty diverse, and we do have a black basketball coach, who the community seems to like pretty well.

Ya it has been about 10 years since he went to school there and he was in the Jewish fraternity which had a house right next to the black fraternity and both got a lot of hate mail, had hate crime issues.

I think it would be awesome to see him coach there.

--------------
 Post Number: 266

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 01 2012, 9:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hope Georgia kicks butt...in their bowl game!
ROLL TIDE!!!
 Post Number: 267

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 01 2012, 10:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Owen571 @ Dec. 01 2012, 9:00 am)

I hope Georgia kicks butt...in their bowl game!
ROLL TIDE!!!

you are funny. :laugh:
 Post Number: 268

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 01 2012, 5:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

bulldogs strike first! :O
 Post Number: 269
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 01 2012, 5:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

woohoo!

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 270

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 01 2012, 8:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

bama wins, good, i like this match up with the irish, the bulldogs did play a good game, but hay, what are you gonna do?      GO IRISH!
365 replies since Jul. 19 2012, 8:43 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 9 of 13<<5678910111213>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply SEC Football 2012
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions